Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: AY-bell CAW-thon
Mat Cauthon's father. Wife Natti Cauthon. Daughters Eldrin Cauthon and Bodewhin Cauthon.
He looks like an older, graying version of Mat with serious eyes. (TSR,Ch31)
- The Cauthon house is burned during the Trolloc attack. (TEotW,Ch7)
- Abell Cauthon and Tam al'Thor visit Tar Valon in hopes of learning what happened to Rand and Mat but they are sent home with no information. (TDR,Ch20, TSR,Ch31)
- When the Whitecloaks arrive, Tam and Abell manage to escape and hide in the woods. (TSR,Ch29)
- Tam and Abell arrive at the old sickhouse and greet Perrin. (TSR,Ch31)
- Abell and others ride to scout the Whitecloak encampment at Watch Hill. Halfway there, they stop at Jac al'Seen's place. (TSR,Ch32)
- Tam, Abell and the others wait while Perrin, Faile and the Aiel free the prisoners. Tam, Abell and some others hide the Luhhans and Cauthons while Perrin and the rest lead the Whitecloaks away. (TSR,Ch33)
- Tam and Abell arrive shortly after Perrin is brought in with an arrow in his side. (TSR,Ch43)
- Perrin has Tam, Abell and Bran organize the Emond's Field defenses. (TSR,Ch44)
- Tam, Abell, Bran and Cenn Buie help Perrin plan in the Winespring Inn. (TSR,Ch53)
- Haral Luhhan and Abell Cauthon lead the forces at the west perimeter at the defense of Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch56)
- Tam and Abell give Perrin advice on how to deal with the mayors of the Two Rivers villages. (LoC,Prologue)
- TEotW,Ch8 - Bran confirms to Rand that the Cauthon house was one of the first to burn during the Trolloc attack.
- TDR,Ch19 - Abell Cauthon is the best horse trader in the Two Rivers.
- TDR,Ch20 - Lanfear tells Mat that Tam and Abell came to the White Tower looking for Rand and him.
- TDR,Ch24 - Abell Cauthon wins the Emond's Field quarterstaff competition most years.
- TSR,Ch13 - When Mat hears that there are Whitecloaks in the Two Rivers he wonders how concerned he should be because everyone likes Abell Cauthon.
- TSR,Ch29 - Marin and Bran tell Perrin that Tam and Abell avoided the Whitecloaks and are hiding in the woods.
- ACoS,Ch14 - Abell Cauthon taught his son Mat a great deal about horses.
- KoD,Ch6 � Mat recalls that his Da taught him to bargain well.
- AMoL,Ch1 � Perrin gives all the credit for the victory at Emond's Field to Dannil, Tam and Abell.