Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. She joined with the Salidar Aes Sedai. Her sister is Vandene.
She is slender and graceful with a straight back and almost white hair. (TGH,Ch22) She has fine bones and a long patrician face. (LoC,Ch29) She is very old. She is slender with white hair. (ACoS,Ch16)
- About seventy ago, Adeleas and Vandene retire from the White Tower to Tifan's Well to write a history of the world since the Breaking. (TGH,Ch22, TPoD,Ch28)
- Moiraine visits Adeleas and Vandene to study in their library. (TGH,Ch22)
- Adeleas and Vandene arrive in Salidar and talk with Romanda. (LoC,Ch30)
- Adeleas and Vandene accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others as they enter the gateway from Salidar to Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch44)
- Adeleas and Vandene accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others to Ebou Dar. They are angry with Elayne for bonding Birgitte. From a distance they experiment with Mat's foxhead medallion. (LoC,Ch47)
- Adeleas and Vandene introduce Elayne and Nynaeve to Merilille, then dismiss them. The two sisters ostensibly intend to search Ebou Dar for White Tower runaways. (LoC,Ch48)
- Adeleas and Vandene spend time searching the Rahad. (LoC,Ch52)
- Adeleas, Merilille and Sareitha argue over Mat with Joline and Teslyn in the Tarasin Palace. (ACoS,Ch16)
- When Elayne reports the Kin, she is grilled by Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene. She finally gets angry and takes control whereupon they defer to her. Adeleas explains the Aes Sedai pecking order and their relationship with the Kin. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Elayne leads Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene to the Kin house where they meet with Reanne and the Elders. (ACoS,Ch31)
- The five Salidar Aes Sedai including Adeleas meet with Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, the Kin, and the Sea Folk Windfinders to discuss the use of the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch39)
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai ride through Aviendha's gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch1)
- Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai ride from the gateway to the farm. They take turns bugging Elayne about Ispan being held by the Kin instead of them. (TPoD,Ch3)
- Adeleas and Vandene begin questioning Ispan. (TPoD,Ch4)
- Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai Travel with Elayne to Andor when the Seanchan attack the farm. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai travel across Andor with Elayne toward Caemlyn. She and Vandene continue to question Ispan. (TPoD,Ch20)
- Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai travel with Elayne toward Caemlyn. Eleven days before they reach Caemlyn Adeleas recognizes Garenia and exposes her as a runaway novice. Two days before they reach Caemlyn, Adeleas and Ispan are drugged and murdered by Careane Fransi. (TPoD,Ch28)
- TGH,Ch22 - Adeleas is Brown Ajah.
- LoC,Ch40 - Birgitte tells Elayne that Adeleas and Vandene will be going with them to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch44 - The sisters' last name is Namelle.
- WH,Prologue - Vandene is overwhelmed by Adeleas' death and spends her time searching for her killer.
- WH,Ch8 - Kirstian and Zarya speculate that one of Merilille, Sareitha or Careane killed Ispan and Adeleas at Cullen's Crossing.
- CoT,Ch11 � Vandene has lost weight since the death of Adeleas.
- CoT,Ch11 - Elayne believes that one of Merilille, Sareitha or Careane murdered Adeleas.
- KoD,Ch9 � Joline quickly figures out the loophole with the foxhead medallion as Adeleas and Vandene did. She pelts Mat with rocks.
- KoD,Ch14 � Vandene is obsessed with the death of Adeleas to the point that she now wears her clothes.