Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Agelmar of House Jagad
Pronunciation: AGH-el-mar; JAH-gad
Lord of Fal Dara. His sign is three running red foxes. He is one of the great generals of the Westlands.
He has a hard face with lines only at the corners of his eyes. His eyes are like brown stone. He wears a topknot of pure white. (TEotW,Ch46) He is square-faced with a white topknot, a larger version of King Easar. (TPoD,Prologue)
- Agelmar Jagad commands the forces of the allied nations in the Aiel War. (Guide)
- Moiraine and her party meet with Lord Agelmar and tell him they are going to the Eye of the World. Fain is brought in and he offers to advise Agelmar. (TEotW,Ch46)
- Lord Agelmar tells the Emond's Field folks the story of Malkier. (TEotW,Ch47)
- Agelmar told Lan that the activity of the Blight is increasing. (TEotW,Ch49)
- Moiraine tells Agelmar the Green Man is dead and the Eye of the World is gone. She shows him the Horn of Valere and asks him for an escort to carry it to Illian. (TEotW,Ch53)
- Lord Agelmar and Ronan greet Siuan in the Fal Dara courtyard. (TGH,Ch2)
- Lord Agelmar gives the Horn to Siuan as soon as she arrives. He cannot wait to get rid of the temptation. (TGH,Ch5)
- He also tells her about the boys. (TGH,Ch4)
- Agelmar orders the gates closed after the Trolloc attack. At Moiraine's request he exempts Rand so he can leave if he wants. (TGH,Ch6)
- Agelmar will send a party of men to recover the Horn. (TGH,Ch7)
- Agelmar is with Rand after his meeting with the Amyrlin. (TGH,Ch8)
- He tries to persuade Siuan to stay longer at Fal Dara. He is mortified and apologizes profusely when she is wounded. (TGH,Ch9)
- Agelmar tells Ingtar that Rand is second in command. (TGH,Ch11)
- Agelmar continues to protest the departure but Siuan finally cuts him off. (TGH,Ch12)
- Agelmar and Alesune accompany King Easar Togita to the Black Hills to the meeting of the rulers of the borderlands. (TPoD,Prologue)
- TEotW,Ch45 - Moiraine plans to tell Agelmar to send men to wall up a guard the Fal Dara Waygate.
- TGH,Ch16 - Hurin tells about the time that Lord Agelmar sent him to Cairhien.
- TGH,Ch19 - Rand tells Selene that he will take the Horn to Agelmar.
- TDR,Ch11 - Hurin bids farewell and heads back to Shienar saying he must report what really happened at Falme to Lord Agelmar and King Easar.
- TFoH,Ch27 - The five great captains of the Westlands are Agelmar Jagad, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Pedron Niall and Rodel Ituralde.
- LoC,Ch1 - Bashere wonders if Mat studied under Agelmar.
- CoT,Ch23 � Cadsuane notes that the Seanchan are like the five great captains. When they lose a battle, they figure out what went wrong and adapt.
- KoD,Ch34 � Impressed with the military prowess of the army in Altara, Furyk Karede wonders if "Thom Merrilin" is a pseudonym for Gareth Bryne or Agelmar Jagad.
- TGS,Ch20 � Consoling Mat on his marriage, Talmanes says that at least two of the great captains, Rodel Ituralde and Davram Bashere, are also married. Gareth Bryne is not. It is not clear if Agelmar Jagad or Pedron Niall were.