Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: al-LAN-nah mos-VANH-nie
An Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. She is Arafellin. Her two Warders are Ihvon and Owein. She also bonds Rand as a Warder.
She is shy at heart but works at being fierce. (NS,Ch3) She is dark and fiery. (TGH,Ch4) She is beautiful with long black hair and penetrating dark eyes. (TSR,Ch31) She is slim, dark and pretty. (ACoS,Ch2) She has big, dark, penetrating eyes. (ACoS,Ch34) She wears a gray riding dress slashed with green. (KoD,Ch21)
Alanna Mosvani by Richard Boyé
- Alanna Mosvani is born circa 953 NE. (LoC,Ch43)
- Alanna and Sheriam are novices together. (TDR,Ch23)
- Alanna is a novice in the White Tower for six years before being raised to Accepted. (LoC,Ch43)
- Tamra Ospenya summons all Accepted including Alanna to the Oval Lecture Hall where she announces a bounty for women who recently gave birth. (NS,Ch3)
- The Accepted including Alanna scramble back to their rooms and prepare to leave the White Tower to take the census. (NS,Ch4)
- Alanna arrives at Fal Dara as part of the Amyrlin Seat's entourage. (TGH,Ch2)
- Alanna is in the anteroom during Moiraine's audience with Siuan. (TGH,Ch4)
- On their way to Medo, Alanna gives Egwene and Nynaeve lessons on channeling. She asks Egwene and Nynaeve about the boys; she is particularly interested in Rand. (TGH,Ch12)
- Alanna, Ihvon, Owein and the rest of the Amyrlin's party arrive at Tar Valon. (TGH,Ch18)
- Alanna, Anaiya, Brendas, Leane, Serafelle, Sheriam, Siuan, Verin and two other Aes Sedai Heal Mat. (TDR,Ch18)
- Alanna is one of the three Aes Sedai monitoring the three arches during Egwene's Accepted test. She notes a resonance in the three arches but is not too concerned. (TDR,Ch22)
- After the three arches nearly self-destructs, Alanna apologizes profusely to Egwene and asks Siuan to give her a penance working in the kitchen. (TDR,Ch23)
- Alanna is among several Aes Sedai who happen to stop by the kitchen while Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve are working there. (TDR,Ch27)
- Verin and Alanna arrive at the Two Rivers a week before the Whitecloaks and begin testing Watch Hill girls for the ability to channel. When the Whitecloaks arrive they take refuge near Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch31)
- Perrin and the others meet Verin and Alanna at the old sickhouse. (TSR,Ch31)
- She stays in the old sickhouse while Perrin and others go scout the Whitecloak encampment at Watch Hill. (TSR,Ch32)
- Alanna sends Ihvon to find Perrin. She mysteriously disappears twice while Loial is keeping an eye on her. (TSR,Ch40)
- Alanna arrives at the Winespring Inn. She Heals Perrin who is near death from the arrow in his side. (TSR,Ch43)
- Verin and Alanna provide exploding stones for the catapults during the first Trolloc attack. (TSR,Ch44)
- Alanna Heals some of the Tinkers injured by the Trolloc attack on their camp. (TSR,Ch45)
- Tam al'Thor, Alanna and Ihvon lead the forces at the south perimeter at the defense of Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch56)
- Alanna intends to bond Perrin, but Faile figures this out and threatens to kill her if she does. (LoC,Ch11)
- Verin and Alanna leave the Two Rivers with a number of girls who can be taught to channel. (LoC,Prologue)
- At Whitebridge they hear about the schism of the White Tower, but they continue on to Caemlyn anyway. (LoC,Ch10)
- Verin and Alanna meet Rand at the Culain's Hound inn in Caemlyn. Alanna bonds Rand as her Warder. (LoC,Ch10)
- Verin and Alanna discuss what they should do next. Verin uses Alanna's emotional state to manipulate her. (LoC,Ch11)
- Alanna is in the New City. (LoC,Ch16)
- Alanna is in a temper and has some scrapes and bruises. (LoC,Ch26)
- Very early in the morning Alanna is awake and crying. (LoC,Ch28)
- Verin and Alanna join the Salidar embassy sisters at The Crown of Roses. (LoC,Ch42)
- Merana, Masuri and Seonid meet with Rand in the Royal Palace. They rejoin Alanna and Verin at The Crown of Roses and discuss how to deal with him. (LoC,Ch43)
- After they receive Rand's letter saying he is leaving, Bera and Kiruna take over they decide to follow Rand to Cairhien with Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin. (LoC,Ch49)
- They join with the Two Rivers men and Alanna leads them north toward Rand. (LoC,Ch54)
- They meet up with Perrin and join his forces. (LoC,Ch54)
- Bera, Kiruna, Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin participate in the battle at Dumai's Wells. Afterwards, they are forced to swear fealty to Rand. (LoC,Ch55)
- The day after the battle at Dumai's Wells she looks haggard because of her bond to Rand. He chooses her to Heal him. (ACoS,Ch2)
- She and the other Aes Sedai try to listen in when the Wise Ones update Rand on happenings in Cairhien. She and the others are sent to the Wise Ones' tents. (ACoS,Ch3)
- She tells Rand he should accept help from the Aes Sedai sworn to him. (ACoS,Ch18)
- Alanna accompanies Rand as part of his entourage to the Sea Folk ship. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Cadsuane quizzes Alanna about Rand but she has told Cadsuane all she can and is not interested in cooperating any more. (TPoD,Ch12)
- Alanna is sulking. (WH,Prologue)
- When Elayne, Aviendha and Min bond Rand, Alanna falls unconscious. (WH,Ch13)
- Alanna learns that Cadsuane and Verin are going to Far Madding to see Rand. She begs to be taken along. (WH,Ch25)
- Cadsuane teaches Alanna how to Travel. (WH,Ch25)
- Alanna Travels with Cadsuane and her party from the Sun Palace to Far Madding. (WH,Ch23)
- Cadsuane has to order Alanna directly to prevent her going off in search of Rand. (WH,Ch24)
- Alanna leads Cadsuane to Rand. She is furious that Rand let someone else bond him. She updates Rand on the news, then begs him to let the Aes Sedai help him. Rand sends her back to Cairhien on a mission. (WH,Ch25)
- Alanna Travels from Far Madding to Cairhien. She picks up Merana, Rafela, Bera and Faeldrin and Travels to Tear. (WH,Ch32, CoT,Prologue)
- Rand visits High Lord Darlin, Lady Caraline and Alanna in the Stone of Tear. Astoril, Anaiyella and Weiramon are with them. Rand orders Darlin to raise an army to take to Arad Doman. Bera arrives with news that the rebels will settle if Darlin is made King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- Alanna is among the delegation that welcomes Rand when he returns to the Stone of Tear. Rand can feel through the bond that she is sorrowful. (TGS,Ch42)
- Bera, Rafela and Sarene report to Cadsuane that Alanna disappeared from the Stone of Tear leaving behind an empty envelope with a red seal. There was not enough channeling for a gateway. (ToM,Ch12)
- Rand says Alanna is in the Borderlands, perhaps Arafel. (ToM,Ch13)
- TGH,Ch4 - Alanna Mosvani is Green Ajah.
- TDR,Ch25 - Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve discuss whether or not they can trust Alanna.
- TDR,Ch29 - Nynaeve asks Siuan about Alanna's curious request for penance. Siuan says she is Arafellin and they sometimes have a strange sense of honor.
- TSR,Ch31 - Perrin recalls that Egwene told him Elaida and Alanna showed inordinate interest in Rand.
- TSR,Ch33 - Verin warns Perrin not to trust Alanna.
- TSR,Ch42 - Verin tells Perrin and Faile that Perrin's injury is beyond her ability to Heal. They need Alanna.
- TSR,Ch43 - Alanna is much better at Healing than Verin is.
- LoC,Ch16 - Rand can feel that Alanna is in the New City.
- LoC,Ch17 - After Traveling to Cairhien Rand can still vaguely feel Alanna somewhere to the west.
- LoC,Ch18 - Rand never feels alone because of the presence of Alanna and Lews Therin whispering to him.
- LoC,Ch19 - When he returns to Caemlyn Rand immediately feels Alanna.
- LoC,Ch26 - Near Caemlyn Rand can feel Alanna strongly.
- LoC,Ch28 - When Rand returns to Caemlyn from Cairhien he can sense Alanna much more strongly.
- LoC,Ch28 - Padan Fain can feel Alanna's bond to Rand.
- LoC,Ch33 - Rand tells Mat that Alanna and Verin are in Caemlyn with Bodewhin and the other Two Rivers girls.
- LoC,Ch42 - Rand goes to the Black Tower to warn them that there are more Aes Sedai in Caemlyn than just Verin and Alanna. He can sense that Alanna is not at Culain's Hound and is certain that she is at The Crown of Roses.
- LoC,Ch43 - Merana and Alanna are about the same strength. Merana was a novice for five years while Alanna took six. Merana, however, is much older so she naturally holds precedence.
- LoC,Ch43 - Merana had already worn the shawl ten years when Alanna was born.
- LoC,Ch45 - Rand tells Perrin that Alanna and Verin are in Caemlyn with the Two Rivers girls.
- LoC,Ch50 - From the feel of Alanna's bond, Rand thinks Merana and her embassy are about halfway from Caemlyn to Cairhien.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Lews Therin is puzzled by Alanna's bond to Rand.
- ACoS,Ch9 - Merana sent a message to Sheriam from Caemlyn - Verin and Alanna joined them with the Two Rivers girls. Alanna formed an "attachment" to Rand. Egwene does not know what that means and does not trust Alanna.
- ACoS,Ch19 - When Cadsuane is told that Alanna bonded Rand, she frowns hard. Merana thinks she might have wanted to bond him herself.
- ACoS,Ch33 - Min finally barges in on Rand because Alanna is frantic.
- ACoS,Ch34 - Min has a viewing of Alanna, Bera, Faeldrin, Merana and Rafela in Rand's hand. They are his.
- ACoS,Ch41 - Rand has nightmares about Alanna trying to soothe him.
- ACoS,Ch41 - When Rand awakes he feels that Alanna is afraid for him.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Alanna is Arafellin.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Alanna has been Aes Sedai nearly forty years.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Sorilea was concerned about punishing Alanna for fear of harming Rand (through the bond), but Cadsuane assures her that will not happen.
- TPoD,Ch13 - Rand is finding it easier to ignore Alanna's presence in his head.
- TPoD,Ch27 - Rand can feel that Alanna has been punished by the Wise Ones.
- TPoD,Ch29 - Rand can feel that Alanna was outside the palace when the explosion occurred.
- WH,Prologue - Back in Cairhien, Rand can feel that Alanna is sulking.
- WH,Ch12 - Rand tells Elayne, Aviendha and Min that Alanna already bonded him.
- WH,Ch22 - Rand can still feel Aviendha, Elayne and Alanna in his head, but not as strongly as Min.
- WH,Ch32 - Rand feels Alanna suddenly move far north. The next day he feels her move to the southeast and knows that she is in Tear or Haddon Mirk.
- CoT,Ch23 � In Tear, Verin sees Alanna and Rafela, but avoids them per Cadsuane's instructions.
- TGS,Ch1 � Rand can sense Alanna through the bond.