Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A Wise One of the Haido sept of the Shaarad Aiel. A dreamwalker. She cannot channel. She has outlived three husbands.
She has a creased, grandmotherly face and white hair. She has a reedy voice and pale blue eyes. (TSR,Ch23) She is thin and bony with pale blue eyes in a leathery, wrinkled face. (TSR,Ch52) She had yellow hair when she was young. (TFoH,Ch7) She has a creased, aged face and watery blue eyes. (ACoS,Ch10)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana all tell Rhuarc he must cross the Spine of the World to search for He Who Comes With the Dawn. (TDR,Ch39)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana send a letter to Moiraine at the Stone of Tear telling her to send Aviendha to them at Chaendaer. (TSR,Ch12) The letter says they will meet Moiraine there as well. (TSR,Ch23)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana meet Rand and his party on Chaendaer. They give permission for Rand and Mat to go to Rhuidean then send Aviendha and Moiraine as well. They begin to teach Egwene dreamwalking. (TSR,Ch23)
- Bair meets Rand and Mat when they return from Rhuidean. She has Rand show his dragon marks. Amys, Bair, Melaine, Seana and Egwene go to the tents with Rand and Mat. (TSR,Ch34)
- In the sweat tents, Bair and the other Wise Ones discuss what to do about Rand. They decide to have Aviendha stay close to him. (TSR,Ch35)
- After the Trolloc attack at Imre Stand, Egwene goes off with Amys and Bair. (TSR,Ch37)
- Moiraine spends a lot of time with Bair and the other Wise Ones on the way to Cold Rocks Hold. The Wise Ones are also teaching Aviendha to channel. (TSR,Ch48)
- At Cold Rocks Hold, Moiraine, Lan, Egwene and the other Wise Ones arrive at Lian's house shortly after Rand, Rhuarc and Amys. (TSR,Ch49)
- The Wise Ones are spying on Rand's dreams. (TSR,Ch50)
- Rand tells the Wise Ones that he knows they are using Aviendha as a spy. (TSR,Ch50)
- Nynaeve meets with Egwene, Amys and Bair in Tel'aran'rhiod. The Wise Ones instruct them in the use of Need. (TSR,Ch52)
- At Alcair Dal, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene wait at the edge while Rand, Rhuarc and Mat enter the bowl. (TSR,Ch57)
- When Rand returns from Rhuidean, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene have joined the clan chiefs on the speaking ledge. (TSR,Ch58)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are unhappy that Rand has shielded his dreams from them. (TFoH,Ch4)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene, Aviendha and Moiraine in the sweat tents. They tell Moiraine that the Aiel follow Rand. They tell Aviendha to stay in Rand's room. Melaine asks Amys and Bair to intercede for her with Dorindha because she wants to marry Bael. (TFoH,Ch5)
- That night Egwene finds Bair's dream. She dreams of being with her husband when they were both young. (TFoH,Ch7)
- The gai'shain set up tents for Amys, Bair and Melaine when they make camp in Jangai Pass. (TFoH,Ch21)
- Egwene, Amys, Bair, and Melaine come to check on Rand after the Shadowspawn attack. (TFoH,Ch22)
- Amys and Bair order the Maidens who left Rand's tent to carry dolls. (TFoH,Ch23)
- Amys and Bair meet Egwene and Elayne in the Heart of the Stone in Tel'aran'rhiod. They chastise Egwene for being early. (TFoH,Ch24)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod, Bair lectures Elayne because Nynaeve is absent from a lesson. (TFoH,Ch34)
- Bair talks with Aviendha, Amys and Sorilea. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea reluctantly give permission for Aviendha to participate in the battle with Rand and Egwene. (TFoH,Ch43)
- Sorilea and Bair drag Egwene from her bed to meet with the Wise Ones of the four other clans that have not yet joined Rand. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea refuse to let delegations of Tairen and Cairhienin nobles bother Rand while he sleeps and recuperates. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and a bunch of other Wise Ones meet with Rand to make sure he keeps his obligations to the Aiel in perspective with his obligations to Elayne. (TFoH,Ch52)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea come to Egwene's aid after Lanfear attacks her. They forbid her from entering Tel'aran'rhiod until she is well. (TFoH,Ch53)
- Rand overhears a conversation between Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and Aviendha. The Wise Ones tell her she should have been successful with Rand by now. Amys tells the others that Aviendha was more successful than they know. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine monitor Egwene's progress as she recovers. They continue to teach her about Tel'aran'rhiod but will not let her accompany them. (LoC,Ch15)
- Aviendha accompanies Rand to Cairhien and immediately goes to a meeting with Amys, Bair and Melaine. (LoC,Ch18)
- A delegation of Wise Ones, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea, Chaelin and Edarra, waits to meet with Rand in the Sun Palace, but he Travels back to Caemlyn instead. (LoC,Ch19)
- Amys, Bair and Sorilea meet with Berelain. Egwene tells them about the arrival of the White Tower embassy. They run her through strenuous exercises to make sure she is well. (LoC,Ch24)
- Egwene, Amys, Bair and Sorilea tell each other what they know about the White Tower embassy. (LoC,Ch25)
- Rand shouts at Amys, Bair and Sorilea putting them in a terrible mood. (LoC,Ch28)
- Amys, Bair and Sorilea are in even worse temper because of the Shaido Wise Ones in the camp. (LoC,Ch32)
- Bair takes Egwene on a short trip to Tel'aran'rhiod to make sure she is fully recovered. (LoC,Ch32)
- Egwene, Amys and Bair meet with the Salidar Aes Sedai in Tel'aran'rhiod in the Heart of the Stone. The Salidar Aes Sedai summon Egwene to Salidar. (LoC,Ch32)
- Cosain, Estair, Aeron and Surandha join Amys, Bair and Sorilea in whipping Egwene for lying. (LoC,Ch33)
- When they hear that Rand collapsed from exhaustion, Amys, Bair, Colinda, Sorilea and other Wise Ones come to examine him. They also want to talk to Min about her ability. (LoC,Ch50)
- Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod and tell her that Need probably cannot be used twice for the same thing. (LoC,Ch52)
- Bair and Megana set watches so Feraighin is waiting when Rand and company Travel to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Bair did nothing about Colavaere taking the Cairhienin throne. She didn't think it was important. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Bair, Melaine and Amys meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. (ACoS,Ch10)
- Bair arrives in Arad Doman from Cairhien. (TGS,Ch3)
- As Aviendha returns from scouting with Rhuarc, they meet up with Amys, Bair, Melaine and Nadere. Amys grills her and seems satisfied then assigns useless labor. (TGS,Ch3)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, the clan chiefs and Aes Sedai meet with Rand. (TGS,Ch7)
- Cadsuane shows the access key and sad bracelets to Bair and Sorilea. (TGS,Ch14)
- Outraged by Min�s questions, Aviendha cracks and goes to Amys, Bair and Melaine. She tells them she is through with their teaching and punishments. They laugh and tell her she finally passed! They send her to Rhuidean. (TGS,Ch26)
- Nynaeve tells Cadsuane, Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea about Rand�s attack on Graendal. They agree to make her part of their plan. (TGS,Ch37)
- Egwene meets Amys and Bair in the Heart of the Stone to inform them that the Seanchan captured Elaida and she is now Amyrlin. (ToM,Ch14)
- Egwene meets in Tel'aran'rhiod with Sitters, Wise Ones Amys, Bair and Melaine, and Windfinders to discuss unification of all channelers with the White Tower. (ToM,Ch36)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine fight in the battle in Tel'aran'rhiod. Bair is just as effective a fighter as Amys and Melaine in the dream world even though she cannot channel. (ToM,Ch37, ToM,Ch38)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are truly impressed when Egwene overcomes Mesaana. (ToM,Ch38)
- Aviendha returns to the Field of Merrilor and reports to Amys, Bair, Kymer, Melaine and Sorilea. They agree that someone else should try the glass columns a second time and Aviendha makes a gateway for Bair to Rhuidean. (AMoL,Prologue)
- TSR,Ch23 - Bair introduces herself as Haido sept of the Shaarad Aiel.
- TSR,Ch28 - Bair is the eldest Wise One of the Shaarad Aiel.
- TSR,Ch28 - Bair has told Gaul that she will send him to Rhuidean when Jheran dies.
- TFoH,Ch5 - Bair has outlived three husbands.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Egwene worries about being caught visiting Tel'aran'rhiod on her own not for Bair's punishment, but because Amys will no longer teach her.
- TFoH,Ch23 - Egwene tells Aviendha that she will intercede for her with Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Egwene checks Amys' and Bair's dreams to make sure they are asleep before she goes to meet with Elayne in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Elayne says Bair is as bad as Lini. Egwene tells her that Sorilea is even worse.
- TFoH,Ch46 - When Rand insists on rising, Aviendha threatens to call Sorilea and Bair.
- LoC,Ch14 - Egwene can now recognize the dreams of Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- LoC,Ch19 - "Melaine and Bair dreamed of you Rand on a boat with three women whose faces they could not see, and a scale tilting first one way then the other. Bair and Amys dreamed of you cutting the wetlands in two with a sword. Amys, Bair and Melaine all three had this dream, which makes it especially significant. Rain, coming from a bowl. There are snares and pitfalls around the bowl. If the right hands pick it up, they will find a treasure perhaps as great as the bowl. If the wrong hands, the world is doomed. The key to finding the bowl is to find the one who is no longer."
- LoC,Ch51 - When Rand is kidnapped, he hopes one of the Wise Ones who can channel such as Amys or Bair will come by and detect the shield the Aes Sedai are holding on him.
- ACoS,Ch10 - Bair cannot channel.