Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Duram Laddel Cham, High Lord Samon
One of the Forsaken. His real name was Duram Laddel Cham. The translation of the Old Tongue name Be'lal has not been disclosed, but he was known as the Netweaver.
- Be'lal and Lews Therin are allies for a time during the War of Power. Be'lal is a leader in the fight against the Dark One before he forsakes the Light. (TDR,Ch50, TDR,Ch55)
- During the War of Power, Be'lal and Demandred lead massive attacks in the areas where the Choedan Kal were built. (SaSG)
- Be'lal razes the Hall of the Servants just before Lews Therin and the Hundred Companions seal the Bore. (TDR,Ch50)
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years.
- After escaping the Bore, Be'lal sets himself up as High Lord Samon and rules Tear. He plans to use Rand to gain Callandor.
- Ishamael meets with Be'lal and Rahvin in a place resembling the Ways. They argue violently. (TDR,Ch4)
- Be'lal visits Callandor in Tel'aran'rhiod almost running into Egwene and "Silvie." (TDR,Ch27)
- In his role as Tairen High Lord Samon, Be'lal promotes hatred of Illian and Tar Valon. (TDR,Ch32)
- Be'lal plans to use Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve as bait for a trap. He has summoned thirteen Fades to take care of them afterwards. (TDR,Ch51)
- Be'lal sends the Black Ajah to set the hedgehog trap for Moiraine so he expects her to be out of the picture. (TDR,Ch55)
- Be'lal confronts Rand in the Heart of the Stone and goads him to take Callandor. Before he can kill Rand, Moiraine arrives and balefires him. (TDR,Ch55)
- TDR,Ch6 - First mention of Be'lal as one of the Forsaken.
- TDR,Ch46 - Rahvin is afraid Be'lal will capture Elayne and use her in a way that hurts his own plans so he orders her death. He thinks Be'lal is too impatient moving so quickly to take over Tear and wanting Callandor.
- TDR,Ch49 - Mat dreams of Be'lal weaving a net around Moiraine and around Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve. He dreams of Be'lal holding Callandor.
- TDR,Ch50 - Moiraine tells the others that the High Lord Samon is Be'lal.
- TDR,Ch50 - Loial reports that Be'lal was known as The Envious because of his envy for Lews Therin. He was also called Netweaver.
- TDR,Ch50 - Be'lal and Sammael are both masters of the sword.
- TDR,Ch52 - Mat learns that High Lord Samon ordered the girls brought to the Stone of Tear.
- TDR,Ch53 - Moiraine believes that Be'lal sent the Black Ajah with the hedgehog trap for her. If he felt the trap go off, he will not be expecting her to attack tonight.
- TSR,Ch46 - Moghedien learns from Elayne and Nynaeve that Be'lal and Ishamael are dead.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal enumerates the Forsaken who have died including Be'lal.
- ACoS,Prologue - He is one of the Forsaken who had come to Alviarin. He terrified her by dragging her into Tel'aran'rhiod out of her sleep.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Wondering who freed Moghedien, Egwene eliminates Be'lal because Moiraine killed him.
- ACoS,Ch21 - When Birgitte hears that Be'lal was involved in Elayne's and Nynaeve's kidnapping (Mat did not tell her) she says they owe Mat more than an apology.
- KoD,Ch3 � Moridin has eleven chairs at the Forsaken meeting. Aran'gar does not understand why because Asmodean, Be'lal, Rahvin and Sammael are dead.