Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Joana, Maerion, Teadra, Birgitte Trahelion
One of the Heroes of the Horn. She was physically forced into the real world by Moghedien then bonded by Elayne.
- During the War of Power, Moghedien plots to take down Lews Therin, but Teadra (Birgitte) foils her plan. Moghedien vows to make her weep forever. (TFoH,Ch25)
- Mat blows the Horn of Valere and calls forth the Heroes of the Horn including Birgitte. (TGH,Ch47)
- Min sees Birgitte shoot an arrow into a Seanchan ship which then bursts into flame. (TGH,Ch48)
- Egwene sees Birgitte watching her and Amys in Tel'aran'rhiod. (TSR,Ch11)
- Birgitte approaches Perrin in the wolf dream and warns him away from the Tower of Ghenjei. She tells him of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn. (TSR,Ch28)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod in the Aiel Waste, Birgitte warns Nynaeve against disturbing Asmodean. (TSR,Ch39)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod in the Panarch's Palace, Birgitte warns Nynaeve about Moghedien and says she will help a little if she can. (TSR,Ch52)
- Birgitte meets with Nynaeve in Tel'aran'rhiod. She has seen quite a bit of the other Forsaken, but not Moghedien. Gaidal Cain is missing. (TFoH,Ch14)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod in the Heart of the Stone, Egwene sees Elayne talking with Birgitte. (TFoH,Ch24)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod, Birgitte leads Nynaeve to Moghedien, but Moghedien detects them. Birgitte wounds her, but then Moghedien casts Birgitte out of Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch34)
- Thom and Juilin find Birgitte lying outside. They carry her into the wagon. Nynaeve's Healing cannot stop her dying but Elayne's bonding does. (TFoH,Ch35)
- Birgitte wakes and is amazed by where she is and her bond to Elayne. She is furious with Nynaeve for taking responsibility for Birgitte's actions. Outside, she challenges Valan Luca and becomes an archer for the circus. (TFoH,Ch36)
- Still angry, Birgitte tries to goad Nynaeve into anger and eventually drives her from the wagon. (TFoH,Ch37)
- Birgitte outlines Nynaeve with arrows leaving her a quivering wreck. (TFoH,Ch40)
- Uno, then Galad, arrive at the circus and tell Nynaeve, Elayne and Birgitte that there is a riverboat at Samara. (TFoH,Ch47)
- Galad, Uno and the rest of the Shienarans accompany Nynaeve, Elayne, Birgitte, Thom and Juilin into Samara. They have to fight their way through a mob. They board the Riverserpent. (TFoH,Ch48)
- Nynaeve, Elayne, Birgitte, Thom, Juilin and the Shienarans travel from Samara to Boannda and on to Salidar on the Riverserpent. Birgitte starts using her own name again. (TFoH,Ch49)
- Nynaeve, Elayne, Thom, Juilin, Birgitte, Areina, Nicola, Marigan, Uno, Ragan and the rest of the Shienarans arrive at Salidar. (TFoH,Ch50)
- Birgitte uses the twisted ring to return to Tel'aran'rhiod to help Nynaeve. Moghedien traps her turning her into a small child, but Nynaeve then traps Moghedien forcing her to restore Birgitte. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Birgitte stands guard while Nynaeve questions Moghedien. She tries to play with Jaril and Seve. (LoC,Prologue)
- Birgitte plays with several children including Jaril and Seve while Areina looks on. Birgitte says she will help Nynaeve leave Salidar, but she will not spy on Aes Sedai for her. (LoC,Ch12)
- After the attack of the bubble of evil, Birgitte is up all night helping - a benefit of her bond to Elayne. (LoC,Ch15)
- Birgitte overhears Moghedien say something derogatory and beats her badly. (LoC,Ch29)
- Birgitte explains to Elayne that she cannot tolerate people thinking she is a hero. She just wants to be a person. (LoC,Ch40)
- At a party, Birgitte dances with an ugly guy. (LoC,Ch44)
- Birgitte accompanies Mat, Elayne and Nynaeve as they leave Salidar for Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch44)
- Birgitte accompanies Mat, Elayne and Nynaeve to Ebou Dar. When they learn that Elayne bonded her, Adeleas and Vandene are angry, but Jaem becomes her buddy. (LoC,Ch47)
- At the Tarasin Palace, Elayne, Nynaeve, Aviendha and Birgitte have bedrooms off a common sitting room. (LoC,Ch48)
- Birgitte and Elayne search the Rahad together while Nynaeve and Aviendha pair up. (LoC,Ch52)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Aviendha and Birgitte visit the Sea Folk to ask for help in using the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch13)
- Birgitte goes to The Wandering Woman to ask Mat to meet with Nynaeve and Elayne. He recognizes her and she tells him she knows about his memories. They agree to keep each other's secrets. They go to the common room and get drunk. She returns to the Tarasin Palace to report and tells Nynaeve and Elayne that they owe Mat an enormous apology. (ACoS,Ch21)
- Birgitte and Aviendha go to keep an eye on Carridin. (ACoS,Ch22)
- Aviendha and Birgitte are watching Carridin's place. Vanin spots them but does not recognize them (disguised). Birgitte joins Mat watching the Kin house. They like each other as friends. (ACoS,Ch28)
- On their way to watch the Kin house Birgitte, Mat, Nalesean and Beslan are attacked by "beggars." (ACoS,Ch29)
- After Mat and Nalesean leave Birgitte stays behind to continue watching the Kin house. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Birgitte joins Elayne and the Aes Sedai when they visit Reanne and the Elders. (ACoS,Ch31)
- Thom, Juilin, Birgitte and Aviendha are watching Carridin's palace. (ACoS,Ch37)
- Birgitte tells Mat all about gholam. She and Aviendha are present while the Aes Sedai and the Kin meet with the Sea Folk Windfinders. She and Mat exchange a Barashandan oath that no one else understands. (ACoS,Ch39)
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, Cieryl, Lan and Birgitte lead the way through Aviendha's gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch1)
- Cieryl, Lan and Birgitte scout the area to make sure it is safe while the others follow through the gateway. (TPoD,Ch2)
- Cieryl, Lan and Birgitte scout ahead as they ride from the gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch3)
- Lan and Birgitte lead the way as they Travel to Andor when the Seanchan attack the farm. Birgitte and Aviendha hang back to help Elayne and are wounded by the Seanchan and the exploding gateway. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Nynaeve Heals Birgitte. She accompanies Elayne as they travel across Andor toward Caemlyn. Birgitte and Aviendha stand watch while Elayne and Nynaeve visit Tel'aran'rhiod. (TPoD,Ch20)
- Birgitte accompanies Elayne as they travel to the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Elayne makes Birgitte Captain General of the Queen's Guards. (WH,Prologue)
- Elayne and Birgitte get an escorted tour of the Black Tower. (WH,Prologue)
- As Elayne rides through Caemlyn, Birgitte brings her the news that Elenia and Naean have escaped. (WH,Ch7)
- When Elayne is attacked she sends a mental call for help to Birgitte. (WH,Ch9)
- Aviendha and Birgitte guard Elayne after the attack. Birgitte and Elayne assign Doilin Mellar as the Captain of her guard. (WH,Ch10)
- Birgitte is furious with Elayne for her actions with Rand. Min and Aviendha convince her to go get drunk with them. (WH,Ch12)
- Aviendha and Birgitte try to take care of Elayne who is overstressing herself. (WH,Ch26)
- Aviendha and Birgitte accompany Elayne when she meets with the Borderlands rulers in Braem Wood. (WH,Ch27)
- Birgitte has a sour stomach and head from drinking too much. (CoT,Ch10)
- Elayne and Aviendha arrive at the Royal Palace and head for a hot bath while Birgitte gives them a status report. (CoT,Ch11)
- Elayne, Aviendha and Birgitte meet with Zaida about the Sea Folk leaving. Zaida agrees to leave nine Windfinders to make gateways. (CoT,Ch12)
- Birgitte and Aviendha accompany Elayne as she meets with Dyelin and the young High Seats of four major Houses. (CoT,Ch13)
- Elayne, Aviendha and Birgitte meet with Reene Harfor and Halwin Norry for detailed reports. (CoT,Ch14)
- Elayne, Birgitte and Aviendha lead the defense against one of Arymilla's sorties against the New City wall. (KoD,Ch13)
- Elayne, Birgitte and Aviendha return to the Royal Palace. On the way to her apartments Elayne deals with the captured sul'dam and damane and the Windfinders. (KoD,Ch14)
- Birgitte leaves Elayne and Aviendha and goes to her own rooms to change. (KoD,Ch15)
- Elayne and Birgitte meet with the mercenaries. Elayne turns down their demand for more money. (KoD,Ch16)
- Elayne and Birgitte meet with Dyelin in the Map Room. Dyelin reports that the six High Seats camped to the south are still neutral. Vandene reports that several of the Kin were murdered. (KoD,Ch17)
- Elayne and Birgitte plan a raid on the Black Ajah house. Elayne is captured when more Black Ajah sisters unexpectedly appear. (KoD,Ch31)
- The Black sisters bundle Elayne into a wagon and head out of town but Birgitte organizes a rescue party with the Windfinders and cuts them off. Birgitte sends Dyelin to hold off Arymilla's attack on the Far Madding Gate. (KoD,Ch32)
- After her rescue, Elayne and Birgitte attack Arymilla's army from the rear while Dyelin's force attacks from the front. They capture Arymilla and the others. (KoD,Ch33)
- Birgitte deals with reports while Elayne holds an audience with the High Seats of the major Andoran Houses. (KoD,Ch35)
- Elayne, Dyelin and Birgitte discuss reports when they receive Mat�s letter. (ToM,Ch11)
- Birgitte stands guard while Elayne meets with the Kin in the Sunrise Garden. (ToM,Ch17)
- Mat, Thom and Talmanes call on Elayne. She and Birgitte are elated at the idea of Aludra�s dragons. (ToM,Ch19)
- Elayne invites several nobles to the Royal Palace to see a play. Birgitte is called away by a disturbance that turns out to be Mat. (ToM,Ch22)
- Elayne tries a ruse to get Chesmal to talk but it backfires when Darkfriend Jaq Lounalt breaks the prisoners free. Mellar stabs her but has Chesmal Heal her. Mat and Birgitte find her and take her to Melfane. (ToM,Ch23)
- Melfane orders a full week bed rest for Elayne while Birgitte guards the door. Elayne returns Mat�s foxhead medallion. (ToM,Ch24)
- Elayne, Birgitte and Mat witness the first trial of the dragons from the Caemlyn walls. (ToM,Ch29)
- Elayne and Birgitte come up with the idea for Mat to trick the gholam into a Skimming gateway to get rid of it. (ToM,Ch31)
- Birgitte leads the guard while Gawyn and Elayne walk through the Royal Palace garden. (ToM,Ch33)
- Birgitte will not let Gawyn in to say goodbye to Elayne as she left orders not to be disturbed. (ToM,Ch37)
- Birgitte begins fortifying Andor�s borders in response to the threat of invasion. (ToM,Ch45)
- Elayne has a morning meeting with Dyelin when Birgitte brings in Galad and Morgase for a joyful reunion. (ToM,Ch45)
- In a complex ploy, Elayne strips Arymilla, Elenia and Naean of their titles and lands. She offers some of these to the visiting Cairhienin nobles. She then offers the prisoners lands elsewhere to start over. Afterwards, Elayne, Morgase and Dyelin explain to to Birgitte. (ToM,Ch50)
- Elayne, Birgitte and an escort Travel to Cairhien where she accepts the Sun Throne. She tells the nobles to prepare to Travel to the Field of Merrilor. (ToM,Ch52)
- TFoH,Ch16 - Elayne questions the wisdom of asking Birgitte to search for Moghedien.
- TFoH,Ch24 - In The Flame, the Blade and the Heart, Egwene reads about Birgitte and Gaidal Cain.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Egwene asks Elayne about seeing Birgitte, but Elayne refuses to talk about it.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Moghedien learns that Elayne and Nynaeve are scheming with Birgitte.
- TFoH,Ch36 - Elayne keeps her word and does not tell Thom and Juilin who Birgitte is, but they found her silver arrow so they know anyway.
- TFoH,Ch55 - Nynaeve realizes that Moghedien knows that Birgitte is alive and that she knows who Siuan and Faolain are. She must be in Salidar.
- LoC,Ch15 - Areina is jealous of Birgitte's female friends.
- LoC,Ch37 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene that only Birgitte, Siuan and Leane know about Moghedien Egwene promises again that she will not ask about Birgitte.
- LoC,Ch38 - As Mat rides into Salidar he notes a woman with a long golden braid who looks familiar.
- LoC,Ch39 - Egwene agrees that Mat, Birgitte, Thom and Juilin will accompany Elayne and Nynaeve to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch40 - In previous lives Birgitte was known as Maerion and Joana.
- ACoS,Prologue - A Gray Ajah spy reports her to the White Tower as a stranger accompanying Nynaeve and Elayne in Ebou Dar.
- ACoS,Ch9 - Egwene thinks of Birgitte, Nynaeve and Elayne as among the few who really support her.
- ACoS,Ch14 - Mat worries that if Olver gets hurt he'll catch it from Mistress Anan, Elayne, Nynaeve, Birgitte and Aviendha.
- ACoS,Ch37 - Birgitte told Mat that his spear is properly called an ashandarei.
- ACoS,Ch39 - Mat claims to have read about gholam in a book to avoid compromising Birgitte's identity.
- TPoD,Ch20 - Lan mistakes Birgitte for Kandori because of her clothes.
- WH,Ch12 - Min has a viewing of Birgitte - Auras danced around her and images flickered, more than Min had ever seen around anyone, thousands it seemed, cascading over one another. Those multitude of images and auras flashed by too quickly for her to make out any clearly, but she was certain they indicated more adventures than a woman could have in one lifetime. Strangely, some were connected to an ugly man who was older that she, and others to an ugly man who was much younger, yet somehow Min knew they were the same man.
- CoT,Ch15 � Daved Hanlon wonders if Birgitte sent the man who attacked him.
- KoD,Ch10 � Olver tells Mat, Thom and Noal that Birgitte told him how to open the door in the Tower of Ghenjei.
- KoD,Ch17 � Birgitte and Dyelin grate on each other.
- KoD,Ch23 � Romanda reads about Birgitte and Gaidal Cain in The Flame, the Blade and the Heart.
- KoD,Ch24 � Nicola and Areina tell the novices stories about Egwene that make her sound like a hero like Birgitte or Amaresu.
- ToM,Ch53 � Mat asks Thom if there are any stories about anyone spending time in the Tower of Ghenjei. He replies that there is the story of Elmiara who spent a hundred days in the land of the Shadoweyes hunting the spring of Sund to heal her lover.
- ToM,Ch57 � After all this time, Mat thinks talking with Moiraine feels as odd as talking with a hero like Birgitte.
Birgitte has a habit of referencing experiences in her earlier lives, most of which are only mentioned once and are probably from earlier Ages.
- TFoH,Ch34 - Birgitte thinks the carvings on Graendal's chair would make a Senje no-room keeper blush.
- TFoH,Ch36 - Birgitte asks after Nynaeve saying she had not seen anyone hog-tied like that since the Tourag took Mareesh.
- TFoH,Ch36 - Gaidal Cain thinks Birgitte has a sense of humor like a rock tossed into a shoja-circle.
- TFoH,Ch37 - Birgitte's few women friends usually have tempers like snowghosts.
- TFoH,Ch40 - Birgitte thinks Valan Luca's toughs have shoulders like s'Gandin quarrymen.
- TFoH,Ch47 - Birgitte flatters Uno citing the valor of Borderlanders at Enkara and Soralle Step.
- TFoH,Ch48 - As Nynaeve rushes ahead of the rest, Birgitte mutters about Carpan girls leaping from a river cliff.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Nynaeve and Elayne continue to fight, Birgitte says like Shago barmaids with winteritch.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Birgitte explains that finding Nynaeve was as easy as finding feather-dancers in Shiota.
- LoC,Ch12 - Birgitte refuses to spy on Aes Sedai after what happened to her when she did it in Shaemal.
- LoC,Ch40 - Birgitte explains to Elayne that she cannot take having people know who she is, as that will set unreasonable expectations. She already feels like a feather-dancer in a Tovan conclave.
- LoC,Ch48 - Birgitte compares Nynaeve's avoidance of Mat to a Cheltan flinching from the tax collector.
- LoC,Ch52 - Birgitte thinks Mat may be as dangerous as a N'Shar in Mameris.
- ACoS,Ch21 - Birgitte doubts that nine feather-dancers with a shipload of brandy could corrupt Beslan.
- TPoD,Ch6 - After Elayne's gateway explodes, Birgitte's own horse is gone, running fit to win the Wreath of Megairil.
- WH,Ch12 - Birgitte thinks Min shows off her legs like a feather-dancer.
- WH,Ch12 - Birgitte thinks Elayne is normally as proper as a Talmouri maiden.