Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Mayor of Emond's Field and owner of the Winespring Inn. He is married to Marin al'Vere and has five daughters. The youngest is Egwene. His other daughters are Berowyn, Alene, Elisa and Loise.
He is a wide, round man with a sparse fringe of gray hair. (TSR,Ch29)
- Bran al'Vere is one of several who give Mat a licking when, at the age of ten, he cuts open a firework. (TDR,Ch40)
- At the annual sheep shearing, the mayor shears with the Village Council. He summons the boys for a story then sends them back to work. (TEotW,Earlier)
- Bran leads a meeting of the Village Council. (TEotW,Ch2)
- At the urging of Tam al'Thor, Bran suggests that Fain come inside the inn and talk to the Village Council. (TEotW,Ch3)
- Bran leaves the Council meeting arguing with Cenn Buie and Nynaeve. (TEotW,Ch4)
- Bran and Thom help Rand bring Tam upstairs to a room in the Winespring Inn. (TEotW,Ch7)
- After Moiraine and Lan leave, Bran and Marin bring Rand a hot meal. Bran confirms everything Moiraine told Rand about the attack. (TEotW,Ch8)
- Bran and Haral Luhhan try to stop the mob that accosts Moiraine. (TEotW,Ch9)
- Marin and Bran greet Perrin and the others when they arrive at the Winespring Inn and tell him the bad news about his family. (TSR,Ch29)
- Marin and Bran welcome Loial to the Winespring Inn. (TSR,Ch30)
- Perrin has Tam, Abell and Bran organize the Emond's Field defenses. (TSR,Ch44)
- Bran and Perrin confront the Whitecloaks and lay down conditions for them. (TSR,Ch45)
- Tam, Abell, Bran and Cenn Buie help Perrin plan in the Winespring Inn. (TSR,Ch53)
- Perrin, Bran, Gaul, Chiad, Loial, Verin and Tomas lead the forces at the north perimeter at the defense of Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch56)
- TEotW,Ch1 - He has been mayor of Emond's Field for twenty years.
- TGH,Ch23 - During Nynaeve's Accepted test in the second of the three arches, Bran al'Vere has died.
- WH,Ch26 - Visiting Emond's Field in Tel'aran'rhiod, Egwene wonders if her father is still mayor and if her mother and sisters are well.
- ToM,Ch16 � If Perrin refuses to lead the Two Rivers, the people might pick a good leader like Bran al'Vere or Tam, but they just might pick someone like Cenn Buie.
- ToM,Ch20 - In Nynaeve's test for the shawl, Bran al'Vere, Perrin, Mistress al'Donel, Aeric Botteger and other Emond's Fielders plead with her to save them from Shadowspawn.