Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lady Caraline of House Damodred
A Cairhienin noblewoman. She is High Seat of House Damodred. She wears slashes of red and green and white to her knees.
She is short and slender with a pale beauty. She has large dark eyes. She wears a kesiera. She strongly resembles Moiraine, but has a throaty, sultry voice. (ACoS,Ch35) She is short, slim and pale, with large dark eyes and a small ruby dangling onto her forehead from a golden chain woven into the black hair falling in waves to her shoulders. She has taken to wearing the new style, a long blue coat, embroidered in golden scrolls except for the horizontal stripes of red, green and white that run from neck to hem, over snug green breeches and heeled blue boots. (KoD,Ch21) Her kesiera is a white opal on a golden chain. (TGS,Ch42)
- Caraline Damodred and Toram Riatin join forces in rebellion and set up camp in the foothills of the Spine of the World. (LoC,Ch17)
- Rand and Min run into Lady Caraline when they go looking for the rebels. She and Lord Darlin take them to the camp. She recognizes Rand but covers for him. (ACoS,Ch35)
- Lady Caraline and Lord Darlin escape from the fog with Rand, Min and Cadsuane. They help get Rand back to the Sun Palace after he is wounded and then disappear. (ACoS,Ch36)
- Dobraine reports to Rand that Caraline and Darlin are staying at Lady Arilyn's palace as "guests" of Cadsuane. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Dobraine's armsmen free Lady Caraline and High Lord Darlin from Lady Arilyn's palace. They head to Tear on a riverboat. (WH,Ch13)
- Rand visits High Lord Darlin, Lady Caraline and Alanna in the Stone of Tear. Astoril, Anaiyella and Weiramon are with them. Rand orders Darlin to raise an army to take to Arad Doman. Bera arrives with news that the rebels will settle if Darlin is made King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- Lady Caraline is with King Darlin and the delegation that welcomes Rand when he returns to the Stone of Tear. (TGS,Ch42)
- LoC,Ch17 - Berelain reports to Rand that Caraline Damodred and Toram Riatin have rebelled.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida orders Alviarin to send a letter to her. Content unknown. Unknown if letter actually sent.
- ACoS,Ch3 - She and Toram Riatin have a large camp some miles south of Cairhien. They have declared Colavaere a usurper.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Bashere is very concerned about her, Toram Riatin's and Darlin's intentions on Cairhien.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min thinks Caraline looks like Moiraine.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Caraline wears slashes of red and green and white to her knees.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Caraline and Darlin intended to put Caraline on the Cairhien throne before Colavaere could take it.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min views that Caraline and Darlin will marry.
- ACoS,Ch36 - Caraline is High Seat of House Damodred.
- TPoD,Ch21 - Rand wonders what became of Caraline and Darlin.
- TPoD,Ch25 - The White Tower does not know the whereabouts of Caraline, Darlin and Toram Riatin.
- TPoD,Ch27 - Min adds to her viewing that Darlin will die in bed and Caraline will survive him.
- WH,Prologue - The day after the explosion, Dobraine tells Rand that Ailil Riatin and Shalon are missing. Rand tells Dobraine that Cadsuane is probably holding them like she is holding Caraline Damodred and Darlin Sisnera.
- WH,Ch13 - Moiraine and Caraline are cousins.