Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah for over fifty years. She is also Black Ajah. She joined the Salidar Aes Sedai. She is Domani. Her Warders are Cieryl Arjuna, Venr Kosaan and Tavan.
She is almost stout with big shoulders and arms, but moves like a swan. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Careane is a novice with Zarya Alkaese about seventy years ago. (TPoD,Ch28)
- When Elayne reports the Kin, she is grilled by Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene. She finally gets angry and takes control whereupon they defer to her. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Elayne leads Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene to the Kin house where they meet with Reanne and the Elders. (ACoS,Ch31)
- The five Salidar Aes Sedai including Careane meet with Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, the Kin, and the Sea Folk Windfinders to discuss the use of the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch39)
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, Careane and the other Aes Sedai ride through Aviendha's gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch1)
- Careane and the other Aes Sedai ride from the gateway to the farm. They take turns bugging Elayne about Ispan being held by the Kin instead of them. (TPoD,Ch3)
- Careane and the other Aes Sedai Travel with Elayne to Andor when the Seanchan attack the farm. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Careane and the other Aes Sedai travel across Andor with Elayne toward Caemlyn. (TPoD,Ch20)
- Careane and the other Aes Sedai travel with Elayne to the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Careane and Sareitha stay in the Royal Palace. (WH,Prologue)
- Careane and Venr Kosaan are leaving the Royal Palace when Elayne and the others arrive. (WH,Ch7)
- Careane refuses to give lessons to the Windfinders two days in a row. She says it is Sareitha's turn. (WH,Ch11)
- Careane groans when Elayne leaves. This means that she will have to take the Windfinders' lesson this evening. (WH,Ch27)
- Elayne reassures Careane, Sareitha, Merilille and Vandene that there is nothing they can do about the powerful channeling to the west. Careane and Merilille dislike Doilin Mellar but Sareitha approves of him. (CoT,Ch11)
- Careane and Sareitha visit The Silver Swan hoping to learn something about Merilille and Talaan but the sisters there will tell them nothing. (KoD,Ch14)
- When Elayne's mercenaries demand more money Careane and Sareitha badger them about the power of the White Tower. (KoD,Ch14, KoD,Ch16)
- Careane, Sareitha and Vandene accompany Elayne to capture the Black Ajah sisters. When they, themselves, are captured, Marillin identifies Careane as Black Ajah. Vandene stabs Careane then Chesmal kills Vandene and Sareitha. (KoD,Ch31)
- ACoS,Ch30 - Careane Fransi is Domani. She is the weakest and therefore the lowest in standing of the Aes Sedai in Ebou Dar.
- ACoS,Ch39 - Careane knows a lot about the Black Hills.
- WH,Prologue - Zaida and Renaile get Elayne to agree that Careane and Sareitha will assist Merilille in giving lessons to the Windfinders.
- WH,Ch7 - One of Careane's Warders is Venr Kosaan.
- WH,Ch8 - Kirstian and Zarya conclude that Adeleas' murderer must be Merilille, Careane or Sareitha. They report this to Vandene. Elayne puts them in Vandene's charge to keep them from talking any more.
- CoT,Ch11 � Careane dislikes Aviendha because she is a wilder.
- CoT,Ch11 � Careane has worn the shawl over fifty years.
- CoT,Ch11 - Elayne believes that one of Merilille, Sareitha or Careane murdered Adeleas.
- KoD,Ch14 � Elayne worries that one of Merilille, Careane and Sareitha is Black Ajah.
- KoD,Ch31 � Her third Warder is Tavan.
- KoD,Ch32 � When Birgitte sees the Warders shout in rage and run to the house she knows that Careane, Sareitha and Vandene are dead.
- ToM,Ch17 � No more of the Kin have disappeared since Careane was killed.