Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A Redarm in Mat's Band of the Red Hand. He is from Maerone in Andor.
He is fat, balding, rumpled, and gap-toothed. (LoC,Ch22)
- Mat sorts through the poachers and thieves in the Band of the Red Hand and finds the best in Chel Vanin. Mat makes him his head scout. (LoC,Ch22)
- Vanin finds the burned out remains of a Tinker camp and reports to Mat. (LoC,Ch22)
- When Vanin and his scouts find Salidar, Mat rides into town accompanied by Aviendha, Vanin and two bannermen. (LoC,Ch38)
- Mat sends Vanin back to the camp to tell Talmanes to wait. (LoC,Ch40)
- A dozen Redarms including Harnan, Tad Kandel, Lawdrin Mendair, Belvyn, Corevin, Lawtin, Fergin, Gorderan, Metwyn and Wat accompany Mat, Nalesean, Vanin and the women as they leave Salidar for Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch44)
- Mat, Nalesean, Vanin and the Redarms arrive in Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch47)
- At The Wandering Woman, Vanin reports to Mat that the girls vanished from the Tarasin Palace again. (LoC,Ch52)
- Vanin is at The Wandering Woman with Corevin and Harnan when Mat returns from the Tarasin Palace. They are bandaging Corevin after a fight. Mat orders Vanin to check out the Chelsaine Palace. (ACoS,Ch17)
- The Redarms move from The Wandering Woman to the Tarasin Palace barracks. Vanin would prefer staying on the streets. He has been watching Carridin's place. He has seen Aviendha and Birgitte but did not recognize them (disguised). He spotted Noal Charin, too, but could not get a good look at him. When Mat picks guards for the women, Vanin asks to be assigned to Elayne. (ACoS,Ch28)
- A dozen Redarms including Vanin meet with Mat and the others at the Tarasin Palace to go after the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch37)
- At the six story building Vanin goes upstairs with Elayne. They are attacked by the gholam but Vanin survives. (ACoS,Ch38)
- Vanin goes out with Mat and the others to hunt for Olver. (ACoS,Ch39)
- Mat brings Noal Charin to the Tarasin Palace and introduces him to Vanin, Harnan, Fergin, Gorderan and Metwyn. He tells the men about the gholam and suggests that they leave, but they all refuse. (WH,Ch17)
- Vanin, Harnan and the other Redarms still refuse to leave. (WH,Ch18)
- Harnan and Vanin wait in the stables with Mat's horse while the other Redarms take the rest of the horses to The Wandering Woman, then out of the city. (WH,Ch30)
- Harnan and Vanin wait in the stables for Mat. (WH,Ch31)
- Mat, Harnan, Vanin and the others escape Ebou Dar and hide in Valan Luca's circus where they rejoin the other three Redarms. (CoT,Ch1)
- Vanin and the Redarms accompany Mat when the circus heads northwest. (CoT,Ch2)
- As they travel northwest, Mat keeps company with Noal, Vanin and the Redarms. (CoT,Ch28)
- After Renna flees, Vanin tracks her followed by Mat and the Redarms. They catch her just before she reaches Coramen and Harnan kills her with a crossbow bolt. (CoT,Ch29)
- After the Seanchan arrive at Jurador, Mat rousts Vanin, Harnan, Fergin and Gorderan to hitch the wagons so they can leave. (KoD,Ch8)
- Mat takes Vanin and the other Redarms with him when he leaves Valan Luca's circus. Mat wants to head east if Vanin knows a pass through the mountains. (KoD,Ch11)
- While scouting, Vanin finds Talmanes and brings him to Mat. (KoD,Ch25)
- Vanin scouts the movement of the Seanchan force before they ride into Mat's trap. (KoD,Ch27)
- Vanin returns with news that ten thousand Seanchan are headed towards Mat's position. (KoD,Ch36)
- Vanin leads Elbar's Seanchan force into Mat's trap. (KoD,Ch37)
- Vanin scouts ahead as Mat and the Band ride through Murandy. (TGS,Ch20)
- When the Aes Sedai leave for Tar Valon, Mat sends Vanin and some soldiers with them to bring back the horses. (ToM,Ch17)
- Joline sends a letter to Setalle Anan that the Aes Sedai party arrived safely at the White Tower. (ToM,Ch52)
- LoC,Ch22 - He is an Andoran from Maerone.
- ACoS,Ch21 - When Mat returns on Swovan Night Caira tells him she does not know where Nalesean, Harnan or Vanin is.
- ACoS,Ch38 - Vanin does not like boats. He gets seasick.
- TPoD,Ch5 - Elayne truly regrets leaving Mat, Thom, Olver and Vanin in the hands of the Seanchan.
- WH,Ch15 - Mat thinks that if Luca does not cooperate, Vanin can probably steal some of his horses.
- KoD,Ch6 � Mat does not like the influence that Vanin and Harnan have on Olver.
- TGS,Ch27 � Vanin�s scouting report on Hinderstap was exactly right.
- ToM,Ch8 � Mat thinks innkeeper Bromas might be good for Vanin.
- AMoL,Prologue - Relying on Dennel for directions and maps, Talmanes really misses Vanin.