Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lady Colavaere of House Saighan
Pronunciation: COH-lah-veer sye-GHAN
A Cairhienin noblewoman, head of House Saighan.
She is in her middle years and is more than handsome. She has dark eyes and a musical voice. (TFoH,Ch46) She is pretty, but short of beautiful. Her hair is an ornate tower of dark curls. (TFoH,Ch51) She is an attractive woman in her middle years with a touch of gray. (ACoS,Ch5)
Colavaere Saighan by Richard Boyé
- A dozen Cairhienin nobles led by Colavaere, Dobraine and Maringil try to call on Rand in his camp, but the Wise Ones and Maidens chase them away. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Colavaere and Dobraine lead the Cairhienin nobles as they swear fealty to Rand in the Sun Palace. (TFoH,Ch46)
- Colavaere sends young, beautiful women such as Selande to Rand to try to tie a string to him. (TFoH,Ch51)
- Aracome, Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil, Meilan and Torean meet with Rand in the Sun Palace. Rand sends them away, but asks Colavaere to join him for dinner. (TFoH,Ch51)
- After the news of Morgase, Rand forgets about his dinner with Colavaere. When she arrives at Rand's quarters, Aviendha takes her back to her own quarters and gives her a beating. (TFoH,Ch52)
- Rand prepares for meetings with the Cairhienin, Colavaere, Maringil and Dobraine, the Tairens, Meilan and Aracome, and Timolan and the other clan chiefs. (LoC,Ch18)
- Many Cairhienin including Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil and Selande and many Tairens including Meilan, Fionnda, Anaiyella, Maraconn, Gueyam and Aracome wait to meet with Rand in the Sun Palace but he Travels to Caemlyn instead. (LoC,Ch19)
- Katerine Alruddin meets with Lady Colavaere to discuss who will take the reins of power when Rand leaves Cairhien. (LoC,Ch25)
- In a foul mood, Rand shouts at Anaiyella, Colavaere, Maringil and Meilan driving them away in terror. (LoC,Ch28)
- Back in Cairhien, Rand meets with the nobles including Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil, Meilan, Maraconn, Gueyam and Aracome and has Min view them. (LoC,Ch50)
- After Rand disappears, Colavaere commissions the murders of Maringil and Meilan. At the same time she meets with numerous minor Houses to engage their support for her for the Sun Throne. (LoC,Ch53)
- Colavaere has herself crowned queen of Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch4, ACoS,Ch5)
- When confronted by Rand, she claims Elayne is dead. She claims she was holding the throne for Rand, but Faile and Annoura provide evidence of murder and treason. She lets slip that the Aes Sedai promised her that Rand would not return. Rand exiles her and she faints. (ACoS,Ch5)
- Colavaere hangs herself rather than suffer the disgrace of living on a farm. (ACoS,Ch19)
- TFoH,Ch46 - Among Cairhienin nobility, Colavaere is the highest ranking and Dobraine is second. Slashes of color to her knees indicate her high rank.
- TFoH,Ch52 - Asmodean reports to Rand that screams from Colavaere's quarters have all the nobles in the Sun Palace on edge.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Rand briefly wonders if the Wise Ones sent Aviendha to him much as Colavaere sends beautiful young women.
- LoC,Ch19 � Colavaere wears slashes of color to below her knees indicating her high rank.
- LoC,Ch50 - Min views Colavaere - Colavaere would die by hanging.
- LoC,Ch53 - Dobraine reports to Perrin that Maringil and Meilan were murdered. Berelain reports that her thief-catchers have proof that Colavaere was responsible.
- ACoS,Ch3 - Rand learns that she had herself crowned queen of Cairhien during his absence.
- ACoS,Ch4 - Faile is serving as one of her attendants.
- ACoS,Ch6 - Faile suggests killing her, but Perrin will not.
- ACoS,Ch7 - News of her coronation arrived in Caemlyn three days past and prompted claims on the Lion Throne.
- ACoS,Ch18 - When Berelain is attacked, Rand thinks it was one of Colavaere's supporters.
- ACoS,Ch19 - Min tells Rand that Colavaere hanged herself.
- ACoS,Ch33 - Rand has nightmares about Colavaere and all the other women who died because of him.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Caraline and Darlin intended to put Caraline on the Cairhien throne before Colavaere could take it.
- TPoD,Ch13 - Colavaere is on Rand's list of women who died because of him even though she hanged herself.
- TPoD,Ch21 - Rand has many of the Cairhienin nobles who supported Colavaere brought to Illian so he can keep an eye on them.
- TPoD,Ch22 - Rand is confused that word spreads that he has a soft spot for women at the same time that rumors fly that he murdered Morgase, Elayne and Colavaere.
- TPoD,Ch24 - Bertome has mixed feelings. Colavaere was ambitious beyond reason, yet she was his favorite cousin.
- WH,Ch34 - Rand thinks of Moiraine, Colavaere, Liah and Jendhilin as women who died because of him.
- KoD,Ch24 � Egwene tells Mattin Stepaneos that Rand did not kill Colavaere. She hanged herself.
- TGS,Ch29 � Rand runs through the list of women who died because of him including Colavaere, Liah, Sendara, Lamelle, Andhilin and Jendhilin.
- ToM,Ch50 � When Elayne strips the titles from Arymilla, Elenia and Naean, she recalls that Rand did the same to Colavaere.