Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aiel of the Domai sept of the Shaido clan. First-brother of Muradin. He is Black Eyes.
He is tall and broad-shouldered with flame colored hair. He is short of his middle years. (TSR,Ch23)
- Couladin, Muradin and the Shaido come to Chaendaer after the death of Suladric. The Wise Ones give permission for Muradin to enter Rhuidean. (TSR,Ch23)
- Couladin tries to attack Rand. The Wise Ones stop him and send him back to the Shaido tents. (TSR,Ch23)
- When Rand and Mat return from Rhuidean, Couladin accuses them of killing Muradin and attacks again. When he sees Rand's dragon marks, he leaves in a rage. (TSR,Ch34)
- Couladin breaks camp and has the Shaido leave Chaendaer with the Jindo even though ten days have not passed for his brother in Rhuidean. (TSR,Ch36)
- At the camp near Imre Stand, Couladin and Kadere have a long talk. (TSR,Ch37)
- Asmodean gives Couladin a pair of dragon marks like Rand's. (TSR,Ch57)
- Lian spurns Couladin, addressing him as a friendless beggar, when he asks admittance to Cold Rocks Hold. He leaves in a rage. (TSR,Ch49)
- Couladin and the Shaido break camp at nightfall and head north from Cold Rocks Hold. (TSR,Ch50)
- Couladin shows his dragon marks to the gathered clan chiefs at Alcair Dal, but a very bad lie about what he supposedly saw in Rhuidean causes them to side with Rand. (TSR,Ch57)
- Sevanna and Couladin lead the Shaido away from Alcair Dal before Rand returns. (TSR,Ch58)
- Couladin mobilizes the Shaido and they head for Jangai Pass. (TFoH,Ch6)
- Couladin and the Shaido enter Jangai Pass and decimate the town of Taien. They take wetlanders as gai'shain which disturbs the other clan chiefs more than the slaughter. (TFoH,Ch20)
- Couladin and the Shaido enter Cairhien and wipe out the town of Selean. (TFoH,Ch23)
- Couladin and the Shaido pass by the town of Eianrod, but it is already abandoned. (TFoH,Ch31)
- Couladin and the Shaido reach Cairhien and lay siege. (TFoH,Ch30)
- Couladin and some of his Shaido occupy a hill a mile from Cairhien. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Couladin has 160,000 spears around Cairhien. (TFoH,Ch42)
- Mat's army encounters a band of Shaido led by Couladin himself. (TFoH,Ch44)
- After Mat is knocked from his horse, Couladin attacks him and Mat kills Couladin. (TFoH,Ch45)
- TSR,Ch23 - Couladin and Muradin are first-brothers.
- TSR,Ch57 - Couladin is a member of the Black Eyes Society.
- TSR,Glossary - Couladin is a member of the Domai sept.
- TFoH,Ch2 - The clan chiefs agree that Couladin and the Shaido will never submit to Rand.
- TFoH,Ch14 - Egwene tells Nynaeve that Rand is following Couladin and the Shaido across Jangai Pass.
- TFoH,Ch23 - Couladin was a member of the Black Eyes society. The Black Eyes of the other clans have vowed to kill him.
- TFoH,Ch24 - Egwene tells Elayne that they are now in Cairhien. Couladin and the Shaido decimated the town of Selean.
- TFoH,Ch43 - Rand starts wearing his sword again. He admits to Lan that it is to kill Couladin.
- TFoH,Ch45 - Melindhra is proud that Mat brought great honor to himself by killing Couladin.
- TFoH,Ch45 - Rand is astounded when he learns that Mat killed Couladin.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Elayne and Nynaeve can hardly believe that Mat killed Couladin.
- ACoS,Prologue - After the deaths of Suladric and Muradin, Sevanna wanted Couladin strictly for power.
- WH,Ch4 - After seeing Sevanna, Faile recognizes that she was really the power behind Couladin. All the destruction in Cairhien as well as Dumai's Wells was really her doing.
- KoD,Ch5 � Therava believes that Couladin was the true Car'a'carn and that Rand was a puppet of the Aes Sedai.
- ToM,Ch19 � Charlz Guybon is quite impressed that Mat killed Couladin.