Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Davram Bashere
High Seat of House Bashere, Lord of Bashere, Tyr and Sidona, Guardian of the Blightborder, Defender of the Heartland, and Marshal-General to Queen Tenobia of Saldaea. Married to Deira Bashere. He is the father of Zarine and Maedin Bashere and uncle of Queen Tenobia. The sign of House Bashere is three red kingspenny blossoms on a field of blue.
He is short and slender with a hooked beak of a nose and dark tilted eyes. He has gray streaked black hair and a thick mustache like down-turned horns around his wide mouth. (TFoH,Ch56) He is very short, has typical Saldaean tilted eyes and eagle beak nose, and has a gray streaked moustache. (ACoS,Ch7)
Davram and Deira Bashere by Richard Boyé
- Davram Bashere talks Queen Tenobia out of riding to battle when she is only sixteen. (TSR,Ch56)
- Tenobia learns of Mazrim Taim's escape. She sends Davram Bashere to deal with him. Bashere heads southeast with his army. (TFoH,Prologue, TFoH,Ch56)
- Davram Bashere and his army disappear from Saldaea. Tenobia is also not cooperating with the Aes Sedai. (TFoH,Ch15)
- Davram Bashere arrives in Caemlyn. He meets with Rand and places his cavalry at Rand's disposal. (TFoH,Ch56)
- After watching Rand practice the sword, he asks why, then throws a dagger at Rand. Rand stops it with saidin. They talk of Aes Sedai, Whitecloaks and Sammael. He mentions Rand needs the Aes Sedai. (LoC,Ch1)
- Taim is escorted into courtyard. Rand reminds Bashere of the amnesty. Bashere states it holds outside of Saldaea. Bashere seemed doubtful it was Taim. Taim taunts Bashere of events in Saldaea. Taim gives Rand a seal. Bashere stops Rand from breaking it. Rand gives it to Bashere. Bashere mentions Muad Cheade was mad, but never lost a battle. (LoC,Ch2)
- Bashere has heard no news from Saldaea since he left. He reports to Rand that some Andoran nobles are in Caemlyn. Bael, Bashere and their guards accompany Rand to Culain's Hound to meet with the two Aes Sedai there. (LoC,Ch10)
- Bashere brings Lord Abelle, Lord Luan, Lady Dyelin and Lady Ellorien to the Grand Hall of the Royal Palace to meet with Rand. (LoC,Ch16)
- Bashere has his cavalry practicing riding between two closely spaced stones at full gallop. (LoC,Ch26)
- Bashere sends news to Rand of more nobles returning to Caemlyn. (LoC,Ch28)
- Bashere suggests the name "Asha'man" for Rand's channeling men. (LoC,Ch42)
- Bashere is out of town with his cavalry while Rand meets with the Andoran nobles. (LoC,Ch41)
- Bashere and Perrin discuss his marriage to Faile. They then join Deira Bashere and Faile. Faile's parents agree to accept Perrin as their son-in-law. (LoC,Ch46)
- Bashere and his wife are out with their troops when the Aes Sedai confront Rand at the Royal Palace. (LoC,Ch49)
- Rand meets with Bashere, Bael, Melaine, Dorindha and Deira. Bashere is worried about what Caraline, Toram and Darlin are doing. He is building an army out of Taim's rejects. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Bashere leads the Saldaean troops through Rand's gateway into the Square of Tammaz in Illian. When Rand returns from Shadar Logoth, Bashere is waiting in the throne room. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Bashere is the last to arrive at Rand's camp near the Nemarellin Mountains. (TPoD,Ch21)
- Bashere accompanies Rand as his army Travels to Altara. (TPoD,Ch22)
- After the first skirmish with the Seanchan, Bashere consoles Rand telling him they will do better. Several battles later, when Rand is wounded, Gregorin arrives with Bashere to help. Gregorin and Bashere recommend taking their victory and going home. (TPoD,Ch23)
- Bashere leads Jeordwyn Semaris, Amondrid, Gueyam and Rochaid into the final battle with the Seanchan. As the battle gets out of control, Bashere sends orders to Semaradrid, Gregorin and Weiramon to rally to Rand. He tackles Rand when Callandor goes out of control. (TPoD,Ch24)
- Bashere and Bael survey the armies laying siege to Caemlyn. He is surprised that so many Houses are supporting Arymilla. After learning that Deira was stabbed, he sends Tumad to find Logain and agree to his plan. (CoT,Prologue)
- Guided by the missing Aes Sedai's Warders, Logain Travels to find Rand accompanied by Bashere and a hundred of his horsemen, a half dozen other Asha'man, eight Aes Sedai including Toveine, Gabrelle and Samitsu, Loial and Karldin. (CoT,Ch24)
- Bashere and Rand discuss the attacks in Cairhien and agree that someone is after the intact seals. Rand sends Bashere, Logain and Loial to negotiate a truce with the Seanchan. (CoT,Ch24)
- Davram Bashere meets with High Lady Suroth to discuss a truce. She is willing to negotiate, but wants Rand to meet the Daughter of the Nine Moons. (CoT,Epilogue)
- Karldin and Bashere meet with High Lady Suroth to set up a meeting between Rand and the Daughter of the Nine Moons. Bashere returns and reports to Rand that the meeting is in three days. (KoD,Ch20)
- Rand Travels to Altara with a large party of Asha'man, Aes Sedai, Maidens and Saldaeans led by Bashere. Rand rides to the meeting with Cadsuane, Nynaeve, Logain, Jahar Narishma, Donalo Sandomere and Min. After the brief battle, Bashere arrives with his lancers to secure the area. (KoD,Ch27)
- Bashere moves his cavalry to Arad Doman with Rand and sets up camp on the green in front of Lord Tallaen's manor. (TGS,Ch1)
- Rand sets a meeting with Bashere, Bael and Rhuarc to discuss the plan for Arad Doman. (TGS,Ch5)
- Rand meets with the Aes Sedai, Wise Ones, clan chiefs and Bashere to discuss the plan for Arad Doman. (TGS,Ch7)
- Bashere gives Rand an accurate report on Ituralde's dire situation. (TGS,Ch10)
- After the shocking fire, Bashere quickly restores order among his men. (TGS,Ch11)
- Bashere and Flinn return from meeting with the Seanchan and hurry to report to Rand. (TGS,Ch15)
- Rand, Bashere and Ituralde scout northern Saldaea and the Blight. (TGS,Ch22)
- Bashere keeps his men more orderly than the rest in preparing to move to Bandar Eban. (TGS,Ch26)
- Naeff and Bashere continue to negotiate with the Seanchan. They report that the Seanchan turned down Katar as a meeting place. Rand counters with Falme. (TGS,Ch31)
- As Rand prepares to leave Bandar Eban for the Stone of Tear, Bashere reports that the Council of Merchants members have been returned to their homes. He admits that he has no idea why Tenobia and the other rulers have their armies so far from the Blight border. (TGS,Ch42)
- Bashere is with his men running their horses when Rand returns to Tear. (ToM,Ch13)
- Bashere leads his cavalry with Rand to rescue Maradon. He is horrified to learn that his cousin in charge of the city, Vram Torkumen was a Darkfriend. (ToM,Ch32)
- TSR,Ch13 - Rumor has it that Mazrim Taim made the sun stand still while he defeated Lord Bashere.
- TSR,Ch41 - Faile tells Perrin that her father is Davram Bashere and gives his full titles.
- TFoH,Prologue - Elaida's council discusses the fact that Bashere is moving an army southeast. This implies that word of Mazrim Taim's escape has leaked out and Saldaea no longer trusts the White Tower to take care of him.
- TFoH,Ch27 - The five great captains of the Westlands are Agelmar Jagad, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Pedron Niall and Rodel Ituralde.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Egwene sees a report in Elaida's study that Davram Bashere and his army cannot be found.
- TFoH,Ch49 - Nynaeve and Elayne see a report in Elaida's study that Davram Bashere still cannot be found.
- LoC,Ch4 - Rand thinks that only he, Mat and Bashere know the true plan for attacking Sammael.
- LoC,Ch5 - Mat thinks that only he, Rand and Bashere know the true plan for attacking Sammael.
- LoC,Ch9 - Balwer reports to Niall that Davram Bashere is in Caemlyn with his cavalry.
- LoC,Ch11 - Taim warns Rand that he should build his own army. Tenobia may revoke Bashere's offer of support.
- LoC,Ch45 - Bashere and Rand limit the number of soldiers in the city, so Perrin has the Two Rivers men camp west of town.
- ACoS,Ch6 - His full title is given in reference to Faile's standing.
- ACoS,Ch41 - The sign of House Bashere is three red kingspenny blossoms on a field of blue.
- TPoD,Prologue - Davram is next in line for the throne of Saldaea after Tenobia.
- TPoD,Ch13 - Rand tells Eagan Padros that Davram Bashere will deal with the Aiel in Illian.
- WH,Ch27 - Tenobia is very anxious to see her uncle. Elayne tells her he is near Caemlyn.
- CoT,Ch14 � Elayne hopes the Borderlanders move south quickly. She has confidence that Bael and Bashere have enough control to keep their forces from interfering.
- CoT,Ch23 � Cadsuane notes that the Seanchan are like the five great captains. When they lose a battle, they figure out what went wrong and adapt.
- KoD,Ch17 � Birgitte keeps a large map with the locate of all the forces near Caemlyn including Davram Bashere's camp.
- KoD,Ch18 � Rand expects Bashere to return soon with arrangements for his meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- KoD,Ch19 � When the Trollocs attack, Bashere's Saldaeans are trapped in the outbuildings.
- KoD,Ch28 � If Faile can escape she will get an army from Perrin, Rand or her father to rescue the other gai'shain.
- TGS,Ch11 � Aviendha thinks that Bashere maintains an orderly camp.
- TGS,Ch20 � Consoling Mat on his marriage, Talmanes says that at least two of the great captains, Rodel Ituralde and Davram Bashere, are also married. Gareth Bryne is not. It is not clear if Agelmar Jagad or Pedron Niall were.