Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
High Lord Darlin of House Sisnera
A High Lord of Tear. Darlin opposed Rand from the start, fleeing the Stone of Tear.
He has short, dark hair and blue eyes. (TDR,Ch54) He is dark and not particularly handsome, with a too-long nose, but he has beautiful blue eyes. He is well into his middle years. He wears his hair close cropped and has a pointed beard. (ACoS,Ch35) He is less than a head shorter than Rand. (KoD,Ch21)
- High Lord Darlin confronts Mat in the Stone of Tear, but Mat knocks him out with his quarterstaff. (TDR,Ch54)
- High Lord Darlin leaves Tear as soon as the Stone of Tear falls, openly rebelling against Rand. (LoC,Ch4)
- An agent of Sebban Balwer talks Estanda and Tedosian into joining Darlin in open rebellion. (LoC,Ch9)
- Darlin and a group of Tairens join Caraline and Toram Riatin outside Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Rand and Min run into Lady Caraline and Lord Darlin when they go looking for the rebels. They take Rand and Min to the camp. (ACoS,Ch35)
- Lady Caraline and Lord Darlin escape from the fog with Rand, Min and Cadsuane. They help get Rand back to the Sun Palace after he is wounded and then disappear. (ACoS,Ch36)
- Dobraine reports to Rand that Caraline and Darlin are staying at Lady Arilyn's palace as "guests" of Cadsuane. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Rand appoints High Lord Darlin as his steward in Tear. (WH,Prologue)
- Dobraine's armsmen free Lady Caraline and High Lord Darlin from Lady Arilyn's palace. They head to Tear on a riverboat. (WH,Ch13)
- Darlin rules Tear as Rand's steward. (WH,Ch25)
- Darlin and the Stone of Tear are under siege by nobles who want the Dragon Reborn out of Tear. (CoT,Ch12)
- High Lord Astoril joins High Lord Darlin in the Stone of Tear defending against the rebellion. (CoT,Ch23)
- Rand visits High Lord Darlin, Lady Caraline and Alanna in the Stone of Tear. Astoril, Anaiyella and Weiramon are with them. Rand orders Darlin to raise an army to take to Arad Doman. Bera arrives with news that the rebels will settle if Darlin is made King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- Darlin sends a message to Rand that his army is ready. (TGS,Ch5)
- Darlin continues to send messages to Rand that his army is ready. Rand sends Dobraine and his armsmen to Tear. (TGS,Ch29)
- King Darlin greets Rand when he arrives in Tear and asks when the army will be going to Arad Doman. Rand says they will march to Shayol Ghul instead. (TGS,Ch42)
- Egwene writes to King Darlin asking his support to stop Rand from breaking the remaining seals. (ToM,Ch5)
- When Rand returns to Tear, he has Darlin summon all the High Lords and Ladies. Two of them are Darkfriends. (ToM,Ch13)
- Darlin writes back to Egwene that he is loyal to Rand, but breaking the seals is, indeed, concerning. He will come to the Field of Merrilor but he must leave most of his army in Tear to defend against the Seanchan. (ToM,Ch27)
- Darlin arrives at the Field of Merrilor with soldiers and the Aiel. (ToM,Ch56)
- LoC,Ch4 - Weiramon informs Rand that High Lords Hearne, Simaan, Darlin and Tedosian and Lady Estanda have rebelled.
- LoC,Ch4 - Rand admires Darlin for openly opposing him instead of back stabbing.
- LoC,Ch9 - Balwer reports to Niall that Estanda and Tedosian have joined Darlin in open rebellion.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida issues orders that a White Tower representative approach him and offer to make him king of Tear.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Bashere is very concerned about his and Caraline's and Toram Riatin's intentions for Cairhien.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Caraline and Darlin intended to put Caraline on the Cairhien throne before Colavaere could take it.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min views that Caraline and Darlin will marry.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min views Darlin wearing a crown, a simple golden circlet with a slightly curved sword lying on its side above his brows. The king's crown he would wear one day.
- TPoD,Ch21 - Rand wonders what became of Caraline and Darlin.
- TPoD,Ch25 - The White Tower does not know the whereabouts of Caraline, Darlin and Toram Riatin.
- TPoD,Ch27 - Min adds to her viewing that Darlin will die in bed and Caraline will survive him.
- WH,Prologue - The day after the explosion, Dobraine tells Rand that Ailil Riatin and Shalon are missing. Rand tells Dobraine that Cadsuane is probably holding them like she is holding Caraline Damodred and Darlin Sisnera.
- WH,Ch25 - Alanna reports to Rand that Darlin now rules in the Stone of Tear, but the rebels in Haddon Mirk have still not returned.
- CoT,Ch18 � Salidar Aes Sedai agents report that High Lord Darlin Sisnera is under siege by nobles who want Rand out of Tear.
- KoD,Ch24 � Egwene tells Mattin Stepaneos that Rand made High Lord Darlin his Steward in Tear.
- TGS,Ch48 � Trying to interpret the Prophecies, Min and Cadsuane note that Rand technically does not rule Tear. Darlin is king.
- ToM,Ch11 � Elayne worries about the future of Andor boxed between the Seanchan and Tear led by Darlin.
- ToM,Ch21 � The scouts to Cairhien report to Perrin that King Darlin is gathering troops in Tear.