Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Deira ni Ghaline t'Bashere
Wife of Davram Bashere and mother of Zarine Bashere (Faile).
She is inches taller than her husband and statuesque. She has long black hair with wings of white at the temples and dark eyes. (LoC,Ch46) She is very tall with long black hair white at the temples. She has typical Saldaean eyes and nose. (ACoS,Ch7)
Davram and Deira Bashere by Richard Boyé
- Deira watches Rand scornfully as he observes the Saldaean cavalry at practice. (LoC,Ch26)
- Her full name is Deira ni Ghaline t'Bashere. (LoC,Ch26)
- Deira and Faile discuss Faile's marriage to Perrin and wind up slapping each other. Davram Bashere and Perrin join the conversation. Faile's parents finally agree to accept Perrin as their son-in-law. (LoC,Ch46)
- Bashere and his wife are out with their troops when the Aes Sedai confront Rand at the Royal Palace. (LoC,Ch49)
- She meets Rand in Caemlyn with Bashere, Bael, Melaine and Dorindha. She is loyal to her husband and does not trust Rand. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Deira is with Davram Bashere when Rand arrives at the Saldaean camp. She is quite angry when he says no wives are allowed in the strike at Illian. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Deira confronts two robbers in her tent in the Saldaean camp. She chases them off, getting stabbed in the process. (CoT,Prologue)
- Deira is waiting at the manor house in Arad Doman when Bashere and Rand return. (TGS,Ch22)
- LoC,Ch1 - Bashere says his wife would not like it and would probably set out hunting Taim again if Rand killed him.
- TPoD,Ch8 - Faile wonders if her mother, Deira, has as much trouble managing her husband as she has managing Perrin.
- ToM,Ch16 � Deira taught Faile the responsibilities of leadership but Faile did not understand how fulfilling they would be.