Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Barid Bel Medar
One of the Forsaken. His real name was Barid Bel Medar.
- Barid Bel Medar is born one day after Lews Therin. When Lews Therin is appointed leader, he turns to the Shadow because he despises the man he considers his inferior. (LoC,Prologue)
- During the War of Power, Demandred captures two cities and feeds their entire population to the Trollocs because he felt they slighted him. (LoC,Ch2)
- Demandred attacks Lews Therin and a clerk, Tellindal Tirraso, is killed in the fight. (ToM,Ch51)
- Be'lal and Demandred lead massive attacks in the areas where the giant statue sa'angreal were built. (SaSG)
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years.
- Demandred, Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin, Sammael and Semirhage all stalk each other in Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch14)
- Demandred arrives at Shayol Ghul where he meets Shaidar Haran. In the Pit of Doom, he tells the Great Lord that Rahvin is dead and that Lanfear, Asmodean and Moghedien are missing. The Great Lord confirms that Rahvin and Asmodean are dead. He asks if Demandred will use balefire and tempts him with the title Nae'blis. He then gives a list of orders. (LoC,Prologue)
- Seventeen days later, Demandred meets with Mesaana, Semirhage and Graendal and passes on the orders of the Great Lord to "Let the Lord of Chaos rule." (LoC,Prologue)
- Demandred has another meeting with Mesaana and Graendal, but Semirhage does not show. Mesaana vents on Semirhage in front of Graendal and lets slip that she is in the White Tower. (LoC,Ch6)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod, Demandred is in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. He sees Elayne, figures out who she must be, and notes that she is angry with what Rand has done. (LoC,Ch7)
- In the Pit of Doom, Demandred says, "Have I not done well, Great Lord?" and the Great Lord laughs. (LoC,Epilogue)
- Moridin brings Cyndane to a meeting with Demandred, Graendal, Osan'gar and Aran'gar. He has Cyndane report on Rand's plans to cleanse saidin then orders the others to follow Rand and take him or kill him. (WH,Ch13)
- Taim orders Kisman to kill Rand. Then Demandred orders Kisman to kill Rand. Finally, Moridin orders Kisman to kill Rand if he must, but first priority is to retrieve Rand's possessions. (WH,Ch22)
- Aran'gar, Cyndane, Demandred, Graendal, Moghedien, Osan'gar and Semirhage respond to the call of the Choedan Kal and Travel to Shadar Logoth to stop Rand. Demandred is forced to run when he is confronted by Damer, Sarene and Corele. (WH,Ch35)
- Moridin calls a meeting in Tel'aran'rhiod and Aran'gar, Cyndane, Demandred, Graendal, Mesaana, Moghedien and Semirhage attend. He orders them to kill Mat and Perrin but Rand is his. (KoD,Ch3)
- Demandred and Mesaana plead with Moridin to help free Semirhage but he angrily refuses because she injured Rand. Demandred reports that his rule is secure. (TGS,Prologue)
- TEotW,Ch42 - Moiraine says the Forsaken do not have a tenth the power of the Dark One naming several of them - Aginor, Lanfear, Balthamel, Demandred and Ishamael.
- TSR,Ch57 - Lanfear tells Rand that Asmodean is his only option as a teacher. Demandred, Rahvin or Sammael would kill him.
- TSR,Ch58 - Lanfear warns Rand to use Asmodean wisely. Demandred with his hatred, Rahvin with his lust for power or Sammael with his envy will come after him if they learn he has the control statue.
- TFoH,Prologue - Sammael is angry that Demandred is lording over the rest of them now that Ishamael is dead.
- TFoH,Prologue - Lanfear says that she suspects that either Moghedien or Demandred is trying to control Rand.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Demandred went over to the Great Lord because of his envy of Lews Therin.
- TFoH,Ch6 - Rand questions Lanfear's assertion that Rahvin sent the Darkhounds. Why not Demandred or Sammael or Semirhage or Moghedien?
- TFoH,Ch32 - Asmodean is astounded when Rand blocks Aviendha's gateway open. Only Demandred, Semirhage and Lews Therin had that ability.
- LoC,Prologue - Demandred's real name was Barid Bel Medar.
- LoC,Ch2 - Rand recites the crimes of the Forsaken for Taim.
- LoC,Ch6 - Sammael thinks events to the south (of Arad Doman) have Demandred's mark on them.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal does not know where Demandred and Semirhage are.
- LoC,Ch23 - Sammael asks Graendal where Demandred, Mesaana and Semirhage are. Graendal says Mesaana is in the White Tower, but she does not know where the other two are. Sammael tells her to find out.
- LoC,Ch42 - When Rand threatens Taim about staying away from the Aes Sedai, Taim asks if he will be held responsible if, say, Sammael or Demandred decides to kill an Aes Sedai.
- LoC,Ch50 - Lews Therin mutters about killing Sammael and Demandred.
- LoC,Ch51 - Lews Therin mutters that he will kill Demandred first, then Sammael. Demandred wanted Ilyena.
- ACoS,Prologue - Mesaana warns Alviarin to serve only her, not Semirhage, Demandred or Graendal.
- ACoS,Ch7 - In Rand's head Lews Therin rants about killing Sammael and Demandred whenever he sees the Asha'man.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Egwene thinks Sammael, Asmodean or Demandred freed Moghedien from the a'dam.
- ACoS,Ch20 - Sammael tells Graendal he did not kidnap Rand. Mesaana had a hand in it, maybe Demandred and Semirhage as well despite how it ended.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Graendal does not believe Cyndane and Moghedien when they tell her Moridin is Nae'blis. She tells them to try peddling their story to Demandred or Semirhage.
- TPoD,Ch29 - When Rand feels saidin and his quarters are destroyed, he wonders if it might be Demandred or perhaps Asmodean returned.
- WH,Ch13 - Demandred, Mesaana and Semirhage have an agreement that they will not turn on each other until all the others have been eliminated.
- TGS,Prologue � Graendal wonders where Demandred�s rule is. If he were with the Borderlanders her spies would have told her.
- ToM,Ch15 � Lannis wrote that Mesaana was second only to Demandred in anger.