Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Dobraine of House Taborwin
Pronunciation: doh-BRAIN tah-BOHR-wihn
A high ranking lord of Cairhien and High Seat of House Taborwin. He is a veteran of many battles. His con is a blue square with two white diamonds. He wears slashes of blue and white nearly to his knees.
He has deep-set eyes and long, mostly gray hair. He shaves the front of his head like a soldier. (TFoH,Ch46) He is leathery. (TFoH,Ch51) He is solid and square-faced with mostly gray hair shaved in front. (LoC,Ch19)
- A dozen Cairhienin nobles led by Colavaere, Dobraine and Maringil try to call on Rand in his camp, but the Wise Ones and Maidens chase them away. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Colavaere and Dobraine lead the Cairhienin nobles as they swear fealty to Rand in the Sun Palace. (TFoH,Ch46)
- Aracome, Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil, Meilan and Torean meet with Rand in the Sun Palace. Dobraine reports that the soldiers are moving on schedule. (TFoH,Ch51)
- Dobraine comes out to the docks to see what is going on after the destruction and fire. (TFoH,Ch53)
- Rand prepares for meetings with the Cairhienin, Colavaere, Maringil and Dobraine, the Tairens, Meilan and Aracome, and Timolan and the other clan chiefs. (LoC,Ch18)
- Many Cairhienin including Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil and Selande and many Tairens including Meilan, Fionnda, Anaiyella, Maraconn, Gueyam and Aracome wait to meet with Rand in the Sun Palace but he Travels to Caemlyn instead. (LoC,Ch19)
- Back in Cairhien, Rand meets with the nobles including Colavaere, Dobraine, Maringil, Meilan, Maraconn, Gueyam and Aracome and has Min view them. All wear unctuous smiles except for Dobraine who looks sour. (LoC,Ch50)
- Dobraine and Berelain discuss Colavaere's motives for murder. He agrees to lead his armsmen to help rescue Rand. (LoC,Ch53)
- Dobraine leads five hundred of his men in pursuit of Rand. (LoC,Ch54)
- Dobraine leads the Cairhienin in the battle at Dumai's Wells. (LoC,Ch55)
- Dobraine commands the Cairhienin forces for Rand at Dumai's Wells. (ACoS,Ch1)
- He accompanies Rand. (ACoS,Ch2)
- He accompanies Rand to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- He accompanies Rand into Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch4)
- He accompanies Rand to his audience with Colavaere. (ACoS,Ch5)
- Dobraine is left in the Grand Hall with Colavaere after everyone else leaves. (ACoS,Ch6)
- Dobraine warns Rand that people loyal to Colavaere will pay to have Berelain and Faile killed. (ACoS,Ch18)
- He witnesses a fight between Rand and Perrin. (ACoS,Ch27)
- Dobraine leads a hundred men as part of Rand's entourage to the Sea Folk ship. (ACoS,Ch34)
- When Rand returns to Cairhien, Dobraine reports to him that he has made little progress on his orders. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Rand makes Dobraine steward of Cairhien before he leaves. (WH,Prologue)
- Dobraine's armsmen free Lady Caraline and High Lord Darlin from Lady Arilyn's palace. They head to Tear on a riverboat. (WH,Ch13)
- Dobraine is attacked in his rooms in the Sun Palace by robbers. Samitsu Heals him, but he still lies near death from weakness. (CoT,Prologue)
- Rand sends Rhuarc and Dobraine to Arad Doman to find if there is anyone in charge. (KoD,Ch18)
- Dobraine and Rhuarc secure Bandar Eban and the Aiel are now scouting between the city and Rand�s new headquarters. (TGS,Ch3)
- Rand arrives in Bandar Eban and Dobraine presents him with a secured city. (TGS,Ch29)
- Rand surprises and disappoints Dobraine by sending him and his armsmen to Tear. (TGS,Ch29)
- Dobraine and Darlin lead the welcoming delegation when Rand arrives at the Stone of Tear. (TGS,Ch42)
- TFoH,Ch46 - Among Cairhienin nobility, Dobraine ranks second behind Colavaere.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Rand thinks that Dobraine is the only one of the nobles that might actually be loyal to him.
- TFoH,Glossary - Dobraine is a high ranking lord of Cairhien who believes in keeping the letter of his oaths.
- LoC,Ch19 � Dobraine wears slashes of color nearly to his knees indicating his high rank.
- LoC,Ch54 - Dobraine's con is a blue square with two white diamonds.
- ACoS,Ch5 - Dobraine is High Seat of House Taborwin.
- ACoS,Ch18 - When Berelain leaves, Rand intends to have Dobraine serve as regent in Cairhien.
- TPoD,Ch8 - About three hundred of Lord Dobraine's people accompanied Perrin to Ghealdan.
- TPoD,Ch27 � Dobraine wears slashes of blue and white indicating his House colors.
- WH,Prologue - Dobraine wears slashes of blue and white to below his knees.
- WH,Ch25 - Alanna reports to Rand that not all are happy with Dobraine ruling Cairhien. Some might support Toram Riatin if he returns.
- CoT,Ch24 � Bashere reports to Rand about the attack on Dobraine.
- TGS,Ch7 � Bael reports to Rand that Dobraine has Bandar Eban secured.
- TGS,Ch7 � Rand wonders if he trusts Dobraine.
- TGS,Ch31 � Aiel now camp where Dobraine had his armsmen in Bandar Eban.
- ToM,Ch50 � Bertome and Lorstrum are the most powerful nobles in Cairhien since Dobraine has not returned.