Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: BAIL DOH-mon
The captain of the Spray. He is Illianer.
He is a broad, muscular man. He has dark hair that hangs to his shoulders and a long beard that leaves his upper lip bare. He has a round face, but not soft. (TGH,Ch9) After being made so'jhin, he wears his hair in a braid and the left side of his head is shaven making his beard look very peculiar. (WH,Ch19)
Bayle Domon by Richard Boyé
- Rand, Mat and Thom jump onto the Spray captained by Bayle Domon. He agrees to give them passage to Whitebridge for the boys' two silver coins. (TEotW,Ch20)
- Domon is heading for Whitebridge with Rand, Mat and Thom aboard. (TEotW,Ch24)
- Domon lets Rand, Mat and Thom ride to Whitebridge. At Whitebridge, he throws Floran Gelb off his ship and talks to some merchants awaiting him. (TEotW,Ch26)
- When the commotion begins, Domon cuts his ropes and the Spray takes off down river before Thom can get on board. (TGH,Ch25)
- In Illian, Domon enters the Easing the Badger inn and gets an offer. He accepts the offer and then leaves for his boat. He heads for Toman Head. (TGH,Ch9)
- The Spray is captured by Egeanin and the Seanchan. Bayle Domon is taken before High Lord Turak who decides to keep him as a storyteller. (TGH,Ch29)
- Turak buys Domon's entire cargo leaving him well off. (TGH,Ch43)
- Min meets Domon and he agrees to a second meeting. (TGH,Ch42)
- Nynaeve, Elayne and Min meet with Domon at his inn, The Three Plum Blossoms. He agrees to take them away from Falme. (TGH,Ch43)
- Domon and his crew prepare to sail on the Spray. (TGH,Ch45)
- As the battle begins, his crew is anxious to depart but Domon insists on waiting. (TGH,Ch46)
- They can wait no longer. Domon and the Spray sail away from Falme. (TGH,Ch47)
- Bayle Domon dines in the Garden of Silver Breezes. Egeanin spots him. (TSR,Ch38)
- Bayle Domon recognizes Elayne and Nynaeve at the docks and takes them, Juilin and Thom to the Three Plum Court. (TSR,Ch39)
- Bayle provides fifty of his men as guards for Elayne and Nynaeve. (TSR,Ch46)
- Bayle, Juilin and Thom independently locate the Black Ajah sisters in the Panarch's Palace. Bayle returns and recognizes Egeanin. Egeanin and Bayle start to develop a liking for each other. (TSR,Ch51)
- A man assaults Thom, but Juilin and Bayle knock him unconscious. Egeanin identifies him as the Seeker. (TSR,Ch52)
- Bayle provides a cover story of ice peppers for the Panarch and convinces the Whitecloaks to let Elayne, Nynaeve and Egeanin into the Panarch's Palace. (TSR,Ch54)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Egeanin, Bayle, Juilin and Thom take Amathera, the seal and the sad bracelets back to the Three Plum Court. Elayne, Nynaeve, Juilin and Thom will take the seal back to Tar Valon while Bayle will drop the sad bracelets in the deepest ocean. (TSR,Ch55)
- Egeanin and Domon sail for Cantorin on the Seahawk. As they arrive, they are boarded by a Seanchan ship and Egeanin is forced to give the sad bracelets to Suroth. Domon raises a ruckus, so he is sold. Egeanin buys him and makes him so'jhin. (WH,Ch21)
- Egeanin and Domon barge into the kitchen of The Wandering Woman demanding a room. Domon recognizes Mat. (WH,Ch19)
- Bethamin tells Egeanin and Domon about the Seeker. Domon says he will get Mat and Thom to help them escape. (WH,Ch21)
- Egeanin and Domon offer to hire Mat, Thom and Juilin. Egeanin tells Mat that she can supply three sul'dam. (WH,Ch29)
- Egeanin and Domon alter Mat's plan and bring everyone from The Wandering Woman to the Tarasin Palace stableyard. (WH,Ch30)
- Egeanin, Domon, Seta and Renna free Teslyn and Edesina from the damane kennels and join Mat in the stableyard. Egeanin is shocked to see Mat manhandling the Daughter of the Nine Moons. (WH,Ch31)
- Mat, Egeanin, Domon and the others escape Ebou Dar and hide in Valan Luca's circus. (CoT,Ch1)
- Bayle Domon and Blaeric Negina watch closely while Seanchan soldiers question Valan Luca about his horses. (CoT,Ch2)
- Domon and Egeanin help make preparations to leave the area of Ebou Dar for Lugard. (CoT,Ch3)
- On the trip to Lugard, Mat shares a wagon with Domon and Egeanin. (CoT,Ch28)
- Domon cradles Egeanin in his arms after Renna stabs her. (CoT,Ch29)
- Mat shares a wagon with Egeanin and Domon. (KoD,Ch6)
- Egeanin and Bayle Domon dress in their finest and are married by Mother Darvale in Runnien Crossing. Mat has to move out of their wagon. (KoD,Ch8)
- While Mat rides with Egeanin and Domon, she tells him what she knows of Seanchan nobility. (KoD,Ch9)
- After dinner, Domon and Egeanin invite Juilin and Amathera to their tent for a drink. (KoD,Ch10)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat and Tuon after they leave the circus and head cross country. (KoD,Ch25)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat as he rejoins Talmanes and the Band of the Red Hand. (KoD,Ch26)
- Amathera, Juilin and Bayle Domon are with Egeanin when Furyk Karede arrives at Mat's camp. (KoD,Ch36)
- As the Seanchan prepare to attack, Aludra circulates among the grenade slingmen lighting their punks. Egeanin and Domon accompany her. (KoD,Ch37)
- Bayle Domon will lead Mat and Thom to the Tower of Ghenjei in a few weeks. (TGS,Ch27)
- Domon stands guard and Egeanin helps as Aludra works on her Dragon�s Eggs. (TGS,Ch34)
- Domon and Egeanin ride to Tar Valon with the Aes Sedai. (ToM,Ch17)
- Joline sends a letter to Setalle Anan that the Aes Sedai party arrived safely at the White Tower. (ToM,Ch52)
- TEotW,Ch33 - Rand has a nightmare in which Bayle Domon blames him for the Trollocs.
- TGH,Ch20 - Upon seeing the giant statue near Tremonsien, Rand recalls Bayle Domon's story of a similar statue on Tremalking.
- TGH,Ch47 - From on high, Rand recognizes Bayle Domon on the Spray out in the harbor.
- TGH,Ch48 - Min sees Domon and the Spray sailing away and realizes that they had no choice.
- TSR,Ch38 - A Seeker for Truth came to Tanchico on Domon's ship.
- WH,Ch20 - The Seeker believes that Suroth, Egeanin and Bayle Domon are all involved in a conspiracy that included the murder of High Lord Turak and collaboration with Aes Sedai.
- ToM,Ch8 � Mat and Thom have verified that the Tower of Ghenjei is right where Bayle Domon said it was. Mat wanted confirmation as Domon and Leilwin do not seem to like him very much.