Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: ee-LY-ahs mah-CHEER-ah
aka: Long Tooth
An elderly man who is a Wolfbrother. He was once a Warder to Rina.
As a younger man he is fair with a short beard and broad shoulders. (NS,Ch7) He is lean with yellow eyes, long graying brown hair and a thick beard. He has a long knife and bow and arrows. He dresses in fur clothes with an odd, flat top round cap. (TEotW,Ch23)
- Rina Sedai bonds Elyas as her Warder. (TPoD,Ch10)
- In the Green Ajah quarters, Rina watches as Elyas and Waylin practice swords. (NS,Ch7)
- About fifteen years ago, wolves discover that Elyas is a Wolfbrother. The Red Ajah wants to try to gentle him. He kills two other Warders escaping. (TEotW,Ch23, TPoD,Ch30)
- Elyas visits Raen's band of Tinkers in the spring of 997. (TEotW,Ch25)
- Elyas finds Perrin and Egwene. He introduces them to the wolves and agrees to lead them back to the road. (TEotW,Ch23)
- Elyas, Perrin and Egwene meet a band of Tinkers and join them. (TEotW,Ch25)
- They travel with the Tinkers for a few days then head south. (TEotW,Ch27)
- Elyas, Perrin and Egwene are attacked by ravens and barely manage to escape into a stedding. (TEotW,Ch29)
- Whitecloaks approach their camp. Elyas leaves. Perrin, Egwene and Bela are captured by the Whitecloaks. (TEotW,Ch30)
- Elyas is wounded by the Whitecloaks but survives. (TEotW,Ch38)
- Elyas joins Perrin in his camp and gives him some advice on getting along with Saldaean women. (TPoD,Ch10)
- Perrin visits Masema with Neald, Grady, Balwer, Edarra, Carelle, Masuri, Seonid, their three Warders, Aram and Elyas. (TPoD,Ch30)
- Perrin, Elyas and the others leave Abila and head back to their camp. (WH,Ch1)
- When they hear that Faile was kidnapped, Aram and Elyas head southeast to scout. The three Warders accompany them. (WH,Ch2)
- Elyas and Jondyn Barran find evidence of an army to the south. They continue to scout while the Maidens and Warders return to Perrin's camp to report. (WH,Ch6)
- After much searching and backtracking, Elyas and Jondyn Barran finally pick up the trail of the Shaido. (CoT,Ch5)
- Elyas and Elienda return from scouting with news that they found the Shaido. He checks out the Darkhound tracks and tells Perrin something about them. He then leads Perrin and others back to Malden to see the Shaido camp. (CoT,Ch8)
- After Perrin hacks one of the Shaido prisoners, he and Elyas talk about his axe. Perrin fears that he likes killing, but Elyas assures him that it is just excitement. He knows from experience. Perrin leaves the axe behind anyway. (CoT,Ch27)
- Before the main attack, Perrin sends a force into Malden through the aqueduct. Elyas, Tallanvor and Gaul go along. (KoD,Ch26)
- After the battle, Gaul goes to search for Chiad. He does not care about Bain. Elyas accompanies him. (KoD,Ch30)
- Elyas attends a meeting with Perrin and his council. He agrees to send a scouting force to Cairhien. (ToM,Ch6)
- Elyas and Gaul scout the Whitecloaks�s camp. Elyas recognizes Basel Gill. (ToM,Ch7)
- Perrin walks through his camp with Elyas, Grady, Montem al'San and Azi al'Thone. (ToM,Ch10)
- Elyas continues to scout for ways to free the Whitecloaks� captives. (ToM,Ch16)
- Elyas and Perrin talk about Wolfbrothers and the wolf dream. Elyas chose to stay with the wolves. He warns Perrin that the wolf dream is dangerous. (ToM,Ch24)
- After another bubble of evil strikes, Tam and Elyas check out nearby villages to make sure they were not affected. (ToM,Ch29)
- Elyas is still out scouting when Perrin has his trial. (ToM,Ch34)
- When Perrin returns from his battle with Slayer, Elyas accompanies him with the last group through the gateway to Whitebridge. (ToM,Ch38)
- Elyas tells Perrin that it is time for him to go north with the wolves. (ToM,Ch40)
- TEotW,Ch38 - Dapple sends a message to Perrin that Elyas is wounded but alive.
- TEotW,Ch38 - Lan tells Perrin that Elyas was a Warder and his teacher before his change happened. He implies that the Red Ajah tried to gentle Elyas.
- TGH,Ch14 - Ingtar remembers hearing about a Warder, Elyas Machera, who could talk to wolves.
- TDR,Ch5 - Hearing the wolves, Perrin wonders how Elyas developed control over his contact with them.
- TDR,Ch36 - Perrin is sure that Elyas has been a Wolfbrother for a long time and is happy with it.
- TSR,Ch28 - Perrin wishes he could talk to Elyas about his dreams.
- TSR,Ch32 - Perrin thinks Verin, being Brown Ajah, might be his best chance of surviving outside of finding Elyas.
- TSR,Ch41 - Ila asks Perrin about Elyas.
- TPoD,Ch30 - Aram and Elyas do not get along.
- TPoD,Ch30 - Elyas has a fine cloak he won from Gallenne at dice.
- KoD,Ch12 � Seeing large numbers of Tinkers near Almizar, Perrin recalls that Elyas told him such large gatherings are rare.
- KoD,Ch29 � As Perrin charges the Shaido he feels the thrill of battle that he discussed with Elyas.
- ToM,Ch4 � Perrin dreams of Elyas and his other followers walking toward a cliff.
- ToM,Ch18 � Perrin scouts the Whitecloaks� camp in the wolf dream to see if he can pick up anything Elyas might have missed.
- ToM,Epilogue � Perrin realizes that Noam and Elyas each chose their balance and Perrin can chose his as well.