Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The Empress Radhanan
The Empress of the Seanchan empire. Her name is not used outside the royal family. The Raven-and-Roses is the sign of Seanchan royalty. Her daughters include Aurana, Chimal, Ravashi and Tuon.
- TGH,Ch34 - Fain suggests that High Lord Turak should blow the Horn of Valere, but he says he will take it to the Empress.
- TGH,Ch34 - The Empress' favorite is her second daughter, Tuon.
- TSR,Ch1 - High Lady Suroth desperately wants to avoid having to apologize to the Empress.
- TFoH,Ch24 - Cerandin handled s'redit for the Empress in the Court of the Nine Moons.
- TPoD,Ch24 - As the highest ranking surviving officer, Abaldar Yulan will have to apologize to High Lady Suroth and the Empress for the devastating defeat.
- WH,Ch14 - The Raven-and-Roses is the sign of Seanchan royalty.
- WH,Ch18 - Seanchan coins have the image of the Empress on one side and the Crystal Throne on the other.
- CoT,Ch1 - When Mat worries about recaptured Windfinders, Egeanin reassures him that the damane are the property of the Empress and are too valuable to harm.
- CoT,Ch4 - Seanchan say devotions to the Empress every morning.
- KoD,Prologue � Semirhage tells Suroth that Empress Radhanan is dead and that Suroth is to become Empress if she can kill Tuon.
- KoD,Ch4 � On learning that the Shaido have hundreds of channeling Wise Ones, Tylee is afraid that she may have to disturb the Daughter of the Nine Moons or even apologize to the Empress.
- KoD,Ch9 � The Empress of Seanchan always has many children who are taught intrigue and fighting to insure an heir who is fit to rule.
- KoD,Ch26 � Perrin learns that Eamon Valda swore fealty to the Empress.
- KoD,Ch34 - The Deathwatch Guards are da'covale to the Empress herself.
- KoD,Ch36 � Thinking of her marriage to Mat, Tuon recalls that the Empress supposedly loved her father.
- KoD,Epilogue � A ship arrives at Ebou Dar with news of the deaths of the entire Emperial family.
- KoD,Ch27 � Rand only recently learned from Alivia that the Daughter of the Nine Moons is, in fact, the heir to the Empress.
- TGS,Ch19 � Tuon still wears ashes to mourn the Empress.