Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aiel man. He is a Stone Dog of the Imran sept of the Shaarad Aiel. He is from Hot Springs Hold.
He is a head taller than Perrin is. (TDR,Ch34) He is handsome in a rugged way with green eyes and long eyelashes. He is a little older than Nynaeve. (TSR,Ch7) He is tall, with reddish hair and green eyes. (TSR,Ch16) He is taller than Rand and has green eyes. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Gaul and Sarien are hunting for He Who Comes With the Dawn when they are attacked by Orban, Gann and their men. Sarien is killed and Gaul is captured. (TDR,Ch34)
- Gaul is hanging in a cage when Moiraine, Lan, Perrin and Loial arrive in Remen. (TDR,Ch33)
- Perrin frees Gaul and tells him that He Who Comes With the Dawn is on his way to Tear. (TDR,Ch34)
- Mat encounters Gaul on the rooftops of Tear as both prepare to enter the Stone of Tear. (TDR,Ch56)
- Gaul is the leader of six Stone Dogs guarding Rand's antechamber. He admits Elayne to see Rand. (TSR,Ch7)
- Gaul is the leader of six Stone Dogs guarding Rand's antechamber. He admits a group of High Lords to see Rand. (TSR,Ch8)
- Rand tells Gaul that Perrin is going back to the Two Rivers and that it will be dangerous. Gaul offers to accompany Perrin and he gratefully accepts. (TSR,Ch16)
- Loial leads Perrin, Faile, Gaul, Bain and Chiad to the Waygate. (TSR,Ch18)
- Loial leads Perrin, Faile, Gaul, Bain and Chiad through the Ways to the site of ancient Manetheren. They are attacked by Trollocs and a Fade, then the Black Wind. (TSR,Ch27)
- Perrin, Faile, Loial, Gaul, Bain and Chiad camp near the Waygate. (TSR,Ch28)
- After three days travel, they near Emond's Field. Perrin and Gaul go to the Winespring Inn followed by Faile, Bain and Chiad. Perrin learns his family is dead. (TSR,Ch29)
- Loial arrives. Marin takes them all to the old sickhouse where they can hide. (TSR,Ch30)
- Perrin, Faile, Loial, Gaul, Bain and Chiad meet Alanna and Verin at the old sickhouse. Tam and Abell join them. (TSR,Ch31)
- Gaul and others ride to scout the Whitecloak encampment at Watch Hill. Halfway there, they stop at Jac al'Seen's place. He, Bain and Chiad wait away from the farm. (TSR,Ch32)
- Perrin leads his growing party to Watch Hill. Perrin, Faile and the Aiel rescue the Whitecloaks' prisoners. (TSR,Ch33)
- Bain, Chiad and Gaul find a band of Trollocs and carry the news to Perrin. It turns out to be an ambush. (TSR,Ch40)
- Gaul, Bain and Chiad decide to sleep elsewhere when Perrin and others enter a Tinker camp. (TSR,Ch41)
- Bain, Gaul and Chiad rejoin Perrin's band north of the Tinker camp and accompany them to Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch42)
- Bain, Chiad and Gaul follow Perrin and Verin into the Winespring Inn. (TSR,Ch43)
- Loial and Gaul leave to close the Waygate permanently. (TSR,Ch44)
- Loial and Gaul return after successfully sealing the Waygate. Gaul was seriously injured so Loial carried him most of the way back. (TSR,Ch53)
- Perrin, Bran, Gaul, Chiad, Loial, Verin and Tomas lead the forces at the north perimeter at the defense of Emond's Field. (TSR,Ch56)
- Bain, Chiad, Gaul and Loial remain in the Two Rivers with Perrin and Faile. (LoC,Prologue)
- Perrin and his band arrive in Caemlyn. Bain, Chiad and Gaul head into the city on their own. (LoC,Ch45)
- Bain, Chiad and Gaul accompany Rand, Min, Perrin, Faile, Loial and the other Aiel to the Sun Palace. (LoC,Ch49)
- Perrin goes hunting with Gaul to avoid Berelain. (LoC,Ch50)
- Gaul and Loial accompany Perrin as he sets off after Rand. (LoC,Ch54)
- Of the Aiel men at Dumai's Wells, only he and Rhuarc do not wear the headband of the siswai'aman. (ACoS,Ch2)
- Gaul accompanies Rand to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Gaul accompanies Perrin to Ghealdan. (ACoS,Ch27)
- Gaul runs into Elyas and brings him back to Perrin's camp. He then goes off to look for Bain and Chiad. (TPoD,Ch10)
- When they learn that Faile was kidnapped, Gaul leads Sulin and the Maidens as they go out to scout. (WH,Ch2)
- Perrin sends out Elyas, Gaul and others to track the Shaido. (CoT,Ch5)
- While Perrin and his party size up the Shaido camp, Gaul and the other Maidens continue to circle the city.(CoT,Ch8)
- Gaul and the Maidens still have not captured Shaido prisoners. (CoT,Ch25)
- Gaul and Neald kidnap Galina while she is riding near Malden and bring her to Perrin's camp for questioning. (KoD,Prologue)
- Before the main attack, Perrin sends a force into Malden through the aqueduct. Gaul and Sulin confirm that the windmills that feed the aqueduct to Malden are still deserted. Elyas, Tallanvor and Gaul go along with the force. (KoD,Ch26)
- After the battle, Gaul goes to search for Chiad. He does not care about Bain. Elyas accompanies him. (KoD,Ch30)
- In the battle at Malden, Gaul kills several Shaido and, in the process, takes both Bain and Chiad as gai'shain. He finds a copy of The Travels of Jain Farstrider and gives it to Perrin. (TGS,Ch21, ToM,Ch4)
- Gaul returns from scouting with Fennel who stayed behind to report on Basel Gill. (ToM,Ch2)
- Elyas and Gaul scout the Whitecloaks�s camp. Elyas recognizes Basel Gill. Sulin reports the same. (ToM,Ch7)
- Grady, Gaul, Sulin and Edarra accompany Perrin to a meeting with Galad. (ToM,Ch10)
- Gaul follows Perrin late in the night, purportedly guarding him, but Perrin thinks he is avoiding his Chiad and Bain. (ToM,Ch24)
- When Perrin holds parley with the Whitecloaks, he sends Gaul to bring the Wise Ones, Aes Sedai and Two Rivers men to the front for a display of force. (ToM,Ch26)
- When the bubble of evil strikes, Gaul is wounded. (ToM,Ch29)
- Bain and Chiad bring fresh weapons for Gaul when accompanies Perrin to his trial. (ToM,Ch34)
- Gaul is disappointed when Perrin�s trial ends without a battle. (ToM,Ch35)
- When Perrin returns to the real world from his fight with Slayer, most of his army has already Traveled to Whitebridge. Only the Asha'man, Gaul, Elyas and some Maidens remain behind. The final group steps through the gateway to Whitebridge. (ToM,Ch38)
- Gaul and dozens of others watch as Perrin forges a war hammer. (ToM,Ch40)
- Gaul and Sulin accompany Perrin, Faile and Alliandre to their meeting with Elayne. (ToM,Ch47)
- Gaul and Grady accompany Perrin to The Happy Throng in Caemlyn. (ToM,Ch47)
- As Perrin�s army ride through the gateway to the Field of Merrilor, he orders Aravine, Gaul and Sulin to set up their camps away from the other armies. (ToM,Ch53)
- TDR,Ch34 - Gaul is a Stone Dog of the Imran sept of the Shaarad Aiel.
- TDR,Ch35 - Faile tells Perrin that the Remen town folk think Gaul freed himself so there is no pursuit.
- TDR,Ch50 - Perrin recalls that Gaul said that when the Stone of Tear falls, the Aiel will leave the Three-fold Land.
- TSR,Ch42 - Gaul is from Hot Springs Hold.
- TSR,Ch42 - Gaul and Chiad are beginning to like each other.
- TSR,Ch45 - Perrin wants to sneak off after Loial and Gaul but he is too busy.
- ACoS,Ch1 - Perrin recalls that Gaul taught him about ji'e'toh and about gai'shain.
- TPoD,Ch10 - Gaul is the only male Aiel with Perrin's group who is not gai'shain.
- WH,Ch5 - Perrin hopes that Jondyn Barran or Gaul finds Faile.
- CoT,Ch27 � Perrin first began feeling elation with his axe when he rescued Gaul.
- KoD,Ch19 � Erith thinks Loial was heroic in closing the Manetheren Waygate with Gaul.