Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Kamarile Maradim Nindar, Basene, Maisia
One of the Forsaken. Born as Kamarile Maradim Nindar.
She is beautiful but somewhat fleshy with elaborately curled red-gold hair. (LoC,Prologue)
Graendal in the Age of Legends|
- by Dabel Brothers Production
Graendal 998 NE
- She is a famous esthete and psychologist for nearly four hundred years before turning to the Shadow. (LoC,Ch6)
- Graendal brings Sammael to Shayol Ghul for his first visit. (LoC,Ch6)
- During the War of Power, Graendal murders children after enslaving their parents. (LoC,Ch2)
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years.
- After escaping the Bore, Graendal sets herself up in a palace in Arad Doman within sight of the Mountains of Mist. (TFoH,Ch3, LoC,Ch6)
- Rahvin, Lanfear, Sammael, and Graendal meet in Rahvin's quarters in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. Lanfear proposes that the four of them work together to control Rand. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Demandred, Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin, Sammael and Semirhage all stalk each other in Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch14)
- Graendal, Rahvin, Sammael, and Lanfear plan to trap Rand. Sammael waffles because he is to be the bait while the other three wait linked. (TFoH,Ch34)
- Graendal has a meeting planned with Moghedien, but Moghedien does not show up. (LoC,Prologue)
- Demandred meets with Mesaana, Semirhage and Graendal and passes on the orders of the Great Lord to "Let the Lord of Chaos rule." (LoC,Prologue)
- Demandred has another meeting with Mesaana and Graendal, but Semirhage does not show. Mesaana vents on Semirhage in front of Graendal and lets slip that she is in the White Tower. (LoC,Ch6)
- Graendal visits the Great Lord in Shayol Ghul. The Great Lord all but promises to make her Nae'blis. (LoC,Ch6)
- Sammael meets with Graendal in her palace in Arad Doman. She tries to distract him from her real intentions and goad him into going after Rand. She thinks that she succeeds. (LoC,Ch6)
- Graendal finds a stasis box, but it contains only streith and junk. (LoC,Ch23)
- Graendal visits Sammael in Illian. He claims that he has a truce with Rand. He winds up in charge, telling her to find out what the others are doing and report back to him. She thinks the Great Lord has promised to make him Nae'blis. (LoC,Ch23)
- She and Sammael meet with Sevanna and the Wise Ones. She is disguised and masquerading as Maisia. She is angry at playing second fiddle, yet she follows Sammael when he leaves. (ACoS,Ch20)
- She is with Sammael six days later when he scatters the Shaido from Illian to Ghealdan. Sammael does not recognize what is obvious to her - all of the channelers go with Sevanna to Ghealdan. (ACoS,Ch40)
- After Sammael's disappearance Graendal visits his quarters and acquires a gold ring angreal attuned to women. (TPoD,Ch12)
- Graendal sends a forged letter from King Alsalam of Arad Doman to Lord Rodel Ituralde. Cyndane and Moghedien arrive and tell her that Moridin is Nae'blis. Shaidar Haran arrives and introduces himself. She agrees to comply. (TPoD,Ch12)
- Moridin brings Cyndane to a meeting with Demandred, Graendal, Osan'gar and Aran'gar. He has Cyndane report on Rand's plans to cleanse saidin then orders the others to follow Rand and take him or kill him. (WH,Ch13)
- Aran'gar, Cyndane, Demandred, Graendal, Moghedien, Osan'gar and Semirhage respond to the call of the Choedan Kal and Travel to Shadar Logoth to stop Rand. Graendal fights Verin, Kumira and Shalon. (WH,Ch35)
- Moridin calls a meeting in Tel'aran'rhiod and Aran'gar, Cyndane, Demandred, Graendal, Mesaana, Moghedien and Semirhage attend. He orders them to kill Mat and Perrin but Rand is his. Aran'gar tries to set up an alliance with Graendal because she has excellent connections among Darkfriends. (KoD,Ch3)
- Moridin summons Graendal to a meeting in the Blight with Demandred and Mesaana. He tells her to cause Rand anguish, but not harm him, and she will be rewarded. (TGS,Prologue)
- Graendal sends a messenger to Milisair Chadmar with a message purportedly from King Alsalam. (TGS,Ch29)
- Graendal sends a boy named Kerb to keep an eye on the messenger and kill him if necessary. (TGS,Ch32)
- Rand sends Ramshalan to Graendal as an emissary. She wraps him in Compulsion and sends him back with a positive message. Rand then balefires all of Natrin's Barrow. Ramshalan�s Compulsion disappears proving she was destroyed. However, the Compulsion came from Aran'gar and Delana. Graendal fled just before the destruction. (TGS,Ch37, ToM,Prologue)
- Moridin summons Graendal. He gives her one more chance, to kill Perrin. He gives her a dreamspike and Slayer. (ToM,Ch5)
- Graendal confronts Slayer after his failure, thinking she has one remaining tool. (ToM,Ch38)
- Graendal tries to blame Perrin�s escape on Isam but Shaidar Haran will have none of it. Her punishment begins. (ToM,Epilogue)
- TSR,Ch58 - Graendal has a collection of handsome young men. First mention.
- TSR,Glossary - Graendal is listed as one of the Forsaken.
- TFoH,Prologue - Graendal makes her conquests more or less directly, one solid step at a time.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Asmodean tells Rand that Graendal was in Arad Doman, at least for a while.
- TFoH,Ch6 - When Rand remembers more of Lanfear than she expected, Lanfear recalls Graendal's assertion that Rand is Lews Therin reincarnated.
- TFoH,Ch51 - When Rand decides to go after Rahvin, Moiraine warns him that Rahvin might be with Semirhage or Graendal or Lanfear.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Moghedien tells Nynaeve that Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin and Sammael are plotting against Rand. They will draw him to Sammael and the others will be waiting. At least Rahvin and Graendal will. She thinks Lanfear has other plans.
- LoC,Ch2 - Rand recites the crimes of the Forsaken for Taim.
- ACoS,Prologue - Alviarin recalls that she is one of the Forsaken who came to her in the White Tower.
- ACoS,Prologue - Mesaana warns Alviarin to serve only her, not Semirhage, Demandred or Graendal.
- ACoS,Ch25 - Moghedien thinks Moridin is almost pretty enough for Graendal except for a too strong chin.
- CoT,Prologue - Graendal's actions are quite successful in spreading chaos in Arad Doman.
- KoD,Ch27 � In describing Rand's mental illness, Semirhage says that Graendal was the expert and could describe it better.
- TGS,Ch1 � Rand wonders if Graendal is still in Arad Doman as Asmodean told him.
- TGS,Ch5 � Merise questions Semirhage about Graendal but gets no information.
- TGS,Ch7 � Rand thinks Graendal may have Alsalam.
- TGS,Ch10 � Rand tells Ituralde that his loyalty to King Alsalam is now moot because he is in thrall to Graendal.
- TGS,Ch29 � Rand hopes to find Graendal in Arad Doman as Asmodean said. He will destroy her with balefire as he did Semirhage.
- TGS,Ch31 � Rand is furious that the messenger from Alsalam is dead, but Lews Therin points out the he would be under Graendal�s Compulsion.
- TGS,Ch33 � Nynaeve carefully removes Compulsion from Kerb and he reveals that Graendal is at Natrin's Barrow before he dies.
- TGS,Ch42 � Lews Therin complains that they cannot continue the list because they do not know the names of the women who died when Rand balefired Graendal.
- TGS,Ch47 � Rand thinks he could destroy all the Seanchan with the Choedan Kal. He only needed a fraction of its power to balefire Graendal and all of Natrin's Barrow.
- ToM,Ch15 - Elandria Borndat wrote that Mesaana was more of a direct leader than Graendal or Moghedien.
- ToM,Ch32 � Rand is relieved to learn that Graendal never had King Alsalam.