Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: GAY-dahl KAIN
One of the Heroes of the Horn. He is commonly associated with Birgitte.
He is swarthy. (TGH,Ch47) He is dark and strongly muscled. His face is wide and flat. His heavy nose is too big and his mouth is a too broad gash. He is shorter than Birgitte. He has a harsh voice. (TSR,Ch54)
- TEotW,Ch17 - Thom tells stories related to the Great Hunt of the Horn including stories about Gaidal Cain's Sword.
- TGH,Ch26 - Thom tells stories about Gaidal Cain.
- TGH,Ch47 - Gaidal Cain wears two swords across his back and fights with both.
- TSR,Ch52 - Gaidal Cain and Birgitte are usually linked romantically. He is usually spun out by the Wheel first. Birgitte knows her time is coming when she can no longer find Gaidal in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch24 - In The Flame, the Blade and the Heart, Egwene reads about Birgitte and Gaidal Cain.
- TFoH,Ch34 - Gaidal hates to dance.
- TFoH,Ch36 - Birgitte cries as she thinks of Gaidal wandering the world looking for her.
- ACoS,Ch21 - When Birgitte learns how Mat rescued Elayne and Nynaeve from the Stone of Tear she says she would not have done that for anyone short of Gaidal.
- WH,Ch12 - Min has a viewing of Birgitte - Auras danced around her and images flickered, more than Min had ever seen around anyone, thousands it seemed, cascading over one another. Those multitude of images and auras flashed by too quickly for her to make out any clearly, but she was certain they indicated more adventures than a woman could have in one lifetime. Strangely, some were connected to an ugly man who was older that she, and others to an ugly man who was much younger, yet somehow Min knew they were the same man.
- KoD,Ch17 � Birgitte is depressed because she fears losing her memories of Gaidal Cain.
- KoD,Ch23 � Romanda reads about Birgitte and Gaidal Cain in The Flame, the Blade and the Heart.
- KoD,Ch32 � Birgitte is thinking of Gaidal when she feels Elayne spasm.
- KoD,Ch35 � Birgitte had been drinking too much because of the loss of Gaidal but now she has stopped.
- ToM,Ch22 � Birgitte recalls how, as Jethari Moondancer, she entered the Tower of Ghenjei with Gaidal Cain to get him healed. They wandered for two months before they were killed.