Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: gware ahm-ah-LAH-sin
A false Dragon who could channel. Born in Darmovan (modern day Arad Doman). He declared himself the Dragon Reborn in FY 939. During the next four years he conquered nearly half of the Westlands in the War of the Second Dragon. In FY 943 he was captured, taken to the White Tower and gentled. (TDR,Glossary, Guide)
- TEotW,Ch14 - Ba'alzamon tells Rand that the White Tower used Davian, Yurian Stonebow, Raolin Darksbane and Guaire Amalasan and is using Logain.
- TEotW,Ch15 - Thom tells Rand that those men he named we all dangerous.
- TEotW,Ch52 - Rand tells Moiraine that Ba'alzamon told him that the White Tower used Guaire Amalasan and other false Dragons. He will not be used.
- TGH,Ch8 - Rand tells Siuan, Moiraine and Verin that he will not be used like Guaire Amalasan and other false Dragons.
- TSR,Ch17 - When Siuan learns that Taim escaped she issues orders to recapture him and gentle him immediately. She cannot risk another Guaire Amalasan.
- LoC,Prologue - Pedron Niall recalls that Guaire Amalasan held more territory than Rand now does when Artur Hawkwing defeated him.
- LoC,Ch8 - Hearing Logain's story, an Altaran lord recalls that Guaire Amalasan's and Raolin Darksbane's followers actually attacked the White Tower trying to rescue them.
- LoC,Ch54 - Loial tells Perrin what he knows about men who channel including Davian, Guaire Amalasan, Raolin Darksbane and Yurian Stonebow.
- ACoS,Ch11 - After he was captured, an army of his followers trying to rescue him entered Tar Valon and reached the White Tower before he was gentled.
- WH,Ch24 - Trying to intimidate the Counsels, Verin reminds them that Guaire Amalasan and his forces laid siege to Far Madding and took the city in only three weeks.