Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Slayer, the man with two souls
Son of Lain and Breyan. Cousin to Lan. He is one facet of Slayer.
He bears a strong family resemblance to Lan.
As Slayer, he is tall and dark-haired. He has a cold scent that is not really human. (TSR,Ch28) He looks enough like Lan to be his brother. (TSR,Ch42) He has dark hair and blue eyes and a face all hard planes and angles. (TSR,Ch53)
- When the Trolloc hoards overrun Malkier, Breyan flees with the infant Isam and they are never seen again. (TEotW,Ch47)
- Isam grows up in the Town where he learns to survive and to kill. (AMoL,Prologue)
- According to the Dark Prophecy, Luc meets Isam in the Mountains of Dhoom. One lives and one dies but both are. Luc and Isam are merged into a single being and given special powers by the Great Lord. (TGH,Ch7, WH,Ch22)
- Luc kills Janduin in the Blight. (TSR,Ch34)
- Luc kills a Gray Man in the White Tower after he fails to kill Egwene. (TDR,Ch15, WH,Ch22)
- Isam assassinates Joiya and Amico in the Stone of Tear. (TSR,Ch12, WH,Ch22)
- In the wolf dream, Perrin sees a man standing over a dead wolf and follows him to the Tower of Ghenjei where he disappears. Hopper later tells him the man is called Slayer. (TSR,Ch28)
- Luc brings two Gray Men to assassinate Fain, but Fain kills them instead. (TSR,Ch31)
- Luc arrives at Jac al'Seen's farm shortly after Perrin and his party. (TSR,Ch32)
- Luc is nervous about Verin and shocked at Perrin. He puts on a grandiose display, but leaves in a huff when it is clear that the farmers mean to follow Perrin's advice instead of his. (TSR,Ch33)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve visits Emond's Field. A man who looks like Lan tries to kill her with an arrow. (TSR,Ch39)
- Luc and Faile arrive at Perrin's camp. Perrin invites Luc to come with them to hunt Trollocs but he declines. (TSR,Ch40)
- Slayer attacks Perrin in the wolf dream near the Manetheren Waygate. He tells Perrin that he brought the Trollocs to keep the Whitecloaks off balance and to see that the renegade died. Rather than play Slayer's game, Perrin moves to another dream. (TSR,Ch42)
- Luc leads a group of the less savory locals to antagonize the Whitecloaks. (TSR,Ch43)
- Luc is clearly angry when he learns that Taren Ferry was attacked by Trollocs and people escaped across the river. He asks if Ordeith were there. (TSR,Ch45)
- Slayer attacks Perrin in the wolf dream near Taren Ferry. This time Perrin severely wounds him with an arrow in the chest. (TSR,Ch53)
- Luc dashes from the Winespring Inn and rides away clutching his chest as though he were injured. (TSR,Ch53)
- Egwene has caught glimpses of a man she thinks is Lan in Tel'aran'rhiod. (LoC,Ch14)
- Luc spies on Elayne, Nynaeve and Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. They think he looks like Rand's uncle. (WH,Ch10)
- Isam is still under orders to find and kill Fain. (WH,Ch13)
- A mysterious figure sends Isam to Far Madding to assassinate Rand and Min. He drops out of Tel'aran'rhiod into the real world and becomes Luc. He kills two people, but they are the wrong ones. Back in Tel'aran'rhiod, he reports back to his boss who tells him to wait before trying again. Luc changes back to Isam and goes hunting for wolves. (WH,Ch22)
- Moridin summons Graendal. He gives her one more chance, to kill Perrin. He gives her a dreamspike and the man with two souls. (ToM,Ch5)
- Slayer tests the dreamspike in the wolf dream. (ToM,Ch18)
- In the wolf dream Slayer kills Morninglight. Perrin attacks him and barely escapes with his life. (ToM,Ch24)
- Slayer places the dreamspike over the Jehannah Road and activates it. (ToM,Ch26)
- Slayer kills Whisperer and almost kills Perrin again. (ToM,Ch28)
- Slayer kills Oak Dancer and wounds Sparks, but Sparks finds the dreamspike and Perrin takes off with it. (ToM,Ch35)
- Perrin continues northeast and plans to hide in Tar Valon. Slayer attacks the whole way. (ToM,Ch36)
- Slayer retrieves the dreamspike. He kills Hopper and seriously wounds Perrin. In a last gasp effort, Perrin knocks them both into a nightmare. (ToM,Ch37)
- In the nightmare, Perrin tricks Slayer, stabbing him, and retrieves the dreamspike. He destroys the dreamspike in a lake of lava. Slayer is still alive and stronger and Perrin flees the wolf dream. (ToM,Ch38)
- Graendal confronts Slayer after his failure, thinking she has one remaining tool. (ToM,Ch38)
- Robert Jordan blog � Slayer chooses the appearance and personality of either Luc or Isam at his will whenever he enters or exits Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TGH,Ch7 - The Dark Prophecy refers to Luc meeting Isam in the high passes of the Mountains of Dhoom.
- TSR,Ch28 - Hopper tells Perrin the man is called Slayer, he is in the wolf dream in the flesh and he is very dangerous.
- TSR,Ch29 - Perrin is worried that Slayer may also be in the real Two Rivers.
- TSR,Ch29 - Marin and Bran tell Perrin about Lord Luc, a Hunter of the Horn who is in the Two Rivers.
- TSR,Ch30 - Perrin wonders if this Lord Luc has some ideas how to fight the Trollocs.
- TSR,Ch34 - Janduin was killed in the Blight by a man who looked like Shaiel.
- TSR,Ch40 - To Perrin, Luc smells cold and barely human.
- TSR,Ch40 - Though he claims to be from Murandy, Luc also brags that he has a claim to a Borderlands throne.
- TSR,Ch53 - To Perrin, Luc and Slayer smell different, but both are cold and hardly human.
- TSR,Ch56 - The Trollocs chant, "ISAM!" as they make the final charge on Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch56 - Fain is angry that Isam stopped bringing in Trollocs. He is pleased that his attack on Taren Ferry letting people escape to spread the news discomforted Isam.
- WH,Ch10 - Temaile spots Luc spying on Elayne and Nynaeve in Tel'aran'rhiod, but she does not know who he is.
- WH,Ch22 - The Great Lord gave Luc/Isam the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod at will and other gifts, but immunity to weapons and poison was not one of them.
- WH,Ch22 - He freely switches personalities between Luc and Isam in both the real world and Tel'aran'rhiod.
- ToM,Ch35 � Perrin tells Faile that he�s fairly certain that Slayer is Lord Luc.
- ToM,Ch33 � Perrin and Hopper practice against nightmares to build his strength against Slayer.
- ToM,Ch34 � Perrin is certain that Slayer is responsible for the dome in the wolf dream and the failure of Traveling. It is a trap to keep him in place.
- ToM,Ch37 � Slayer tells Perrin that Luc hates him deeply.
- ToM,Ch40 � Perrin feels like he failed because he did not kill Slayer.
- ToM,Ch53 � Perrin�s leg still throbs from Slayer�s arrow even though the wound was Healed.
- ToM,Epilogue - Graendal tries to blame Perrin�s escape on Isam but Shaidar Haran will have none of it. Her punishment begins.