Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. Her Warders are Blaeric Negina and Fen Mizar.
She is slender. (TSR,Ch47) She is pretty and slender with large eyes. She is taller than Merilille. (ACoS,Ch16) She is pretty and has brown eyes. (WH,Ch19)
- Joline Maza is one of Elaida's party that takes Siuan into custody. (TSR,Ch47)
- Joline meets as part of Elaida's Council. She has charge of the search for Siuan Sanche. Because of her lack of progress, Elaida orders her to serve a penance of her own choosing. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Joline submits a suitable penance to Elaida. (TFoH,Ch15)
- In defiance of the penance, the Green Ajah elects Joline as Sitter. (ACoS,Prologue)
- Elaida demotes Joline and Teslyn and sends them to the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar as an embassy of the White Tower. (ACoS,Prologue, LoC,Ch48)
- Joline and Teslyn confront Mat and urge him to return to the White Tower. (ACoS,Ch16)
- Joline discusses Nynaeve and Elayne with Teslyn. She would prefer to wait in Ebou Dar till Elaida makes a major mistake and is deposed. (ACoS,Ch17)
- When Teslyn learns that Elayne and Nynaeve are leaving, she drugs Joline with forkroot so she will not interfere. Fen and Blaeric manage to get Joline out of the Tarasin Palace, but cannot get her out of the city. (WH,Ch19)
- Setalle Anan finds Joline and brings her to The Wandering Woman. Mat agrees to help her escape Ebou Dar. (WH,Ch19)
- Mat brings an a'dam and Setalle Anan tries using it on Joline. It does not work. Fen and Blaeric are suspicious of the plan. (WH,Ch29)
- Egeanin brings Setalle, Joline, Fen and Blaeric with her to the Tarasin Palace to join Mat and the others. (WH,Ch30)
- Mat and the others escape Ebou Dar and hide in Valan Luca's circus. Edesina, Joline and Teslyn make it by the guards leashed by Bethamin, Renna and Seta. (CoT,Ch1)
- Edesina, Joline, Teslyn, Bethamin, Renna and Seta all stay in the same small circus wagon. (CoT,Ch2)
- After days of being cooped up together, the Aes Sedai and sul'dam are nearly at each other's throats. The three Aes Sedai sense a huge amount of saidar to the north. Joline wants to head east to Illian. (CoT,Ch3)
- Edesina, Joline and Teslyn channel frequently despite Mat's warnings. Bethamin, Renna and Seta offer to collar them. Mat cannot get the a'dam away from them. (CoT,Ch28)
- Joline is curiously absent after Renna stabs Egeanin. (CoT,Ch29)
- When Joline tries to leave the wagon to see the Seanchan, Bethamin and Seta try to stop her so Edesina binds them with Air. Bethamin channels a shower of sparks and Joline begins slapping her. Mat enters and paddles Joline. Edesina, Teslyn and Setalle are shocked when weaves do not touch him. (KoD,Ch7)
- Mat is eating with Tuon, Selucia and Noal when Joline, Edesina and Teslyn barge in. They badger Tuon about the Seanchan invasion. Selucia slips a'dam on Joline and Teslyn and Tuon then shields Edesina. She demonstrates the a'dam. Mat removes them after extracting promises that the Aes Sedai will not bother Tuon any more. Tuon is shocked that the weaves do not touch Mat. (KoD,Ch9)
- After the disappearance of the Shiotan ghost village, Joline, Edesina and Teslyn inspect the area but find nothing. (KoD,Ch10)
- Teslyn, Joline and Edesina accompany Mat as he leads the party through the forest. (KoD,Ch25)
- When they rejoin the Band of the Red Hand, the nobles bow to Teslyn, Joline and Edesina and even Bethamin and Seta. (KoD,Ch26)
- Teslyn, Joline and Edesina assist and also interfere in Mat's plans to disrupt the Seanchan army in northeast Altara. (KoD,Ch27)
- When Furyk Karede arrives with Melitene and Mylen, Teslyn, Joline and Edesina recognize the former Aes Sedai and try to interfere. (KoD,Ch36)
- When the Seanchan force attacks, Teslyn, Edesina, Joline, Fen, Blaeric, Seta and Bethamin are with the soldiers, though the two sul'dam are forbidden to fight. The Aes Sedai throw fireballs as soon as they feel in danger. (KoD,Ch37)
- Joline, Edesina and Teslyn badger Mat about giving them horses to ride on to Caemlyn. (TGS,Ch20)
- Joline, Edesina and Teslyn insist on accompanying Mat into Hinderstap with their Warders. They stop at the finest inn for a bath. (TGS,Ch27)
- The Aes Sedai fight back with fireballs when the townsfolk turn murderous. Edesina Heals Delarn before they ride out of town. (TGS,Ch28)
- Teslyn, Joline and Edesina decide they must return to the White Tower to learn firsthand what is happening there. (ToM,Ch8)
- Joline announces to Mat that she, Fen and Blaeric are leaving for the White Tower tomorrow. (ToM,Ch9)
- Teslyn, Joline and Edesina depart for the White Tower. Fen and Blaeric, Bethamin and Seta, Juilin and Thera, Domon and Egeanin accompany them. Vanin and some soldiers also go along to bring back the horses. (ToM,Ch17)
- Joline sends a letter to Setalle Anan that the Aes Sedai party arrived safely at the White Tower. She also sends her regards to Mat. (ToM,Ch52)
- TFoH,Ch15 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve finds Joline's penance and wonders what it is about.
- LoC,Ch48 - Elayne and Nynaeve learn that Joline and Teslyn are also in the Tarasin Palace.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida kicked her out after being a Green Sitter for only a few weeks and sent her to Ebou Dar with Teslyn. She issues orders for them to capture Nynaeve and Elayne using forkroot.
- ACoS,Ch17 - Joline is older than Elaida's mother.
- ACoS,Ch17 - Teslyn and Merilille both taught Joline when she was a novice.
- ACoS,Ch17 - Joline and Teslyn are the same strength and are stronger than Merilille.
- ACoS,Ch24 - After they are attacked, Elayne wonders if it were Joline and Teslyn but Nynaeve thinks not.
- TPoD,Ch1 - Teslyn tells Elayne and Nynaeve that she and Joline will not interfere with their leaving.
- WH,Ch28 - Mat, Thom and Juilin concoct a plan for getting Joline, Teslyn and Edesina out of Ebou Dar.
- CoT,Ch29 - Teslyn is not as good at Healing as Joline.
- KoD,Ch8 � Joline and Teslyn are among the few who know about Mat's connection to the Dragon Reborn.