Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A Dedicated Asha'man. His wife is Sora Grady. They have a young son Gadren.
He is a stocky dark-eyed man six or seven years older than Rand. (LoC,Ch3) He is a stocky fellow with a farmer's face. (ACoS,Ch3) His weathered face is already beginning to show creases though he is short of his middle years. (CoT,Ch8)
- Jur Grady is at the farm when Rand arrives with Taim. He mentions to Rand that he was thinking about returning home. Rand persuades him otherwise, much to Sora Grady's disappointment. (LoC,Ch3)
- Taim teaches Jonan Adley, Damer Flinn, Jur Grady, Eben Hopwil, Fedwin Morr and the other two recruits to blow up rocks and shield themselves. (LoC,Ch11)
- Taim has some of the older Asha'man such as Grady and Damer leading recruiting parties. (LoC,Ch42)
- Jur is one of the Asha'man who come to Rand's rescue at Dumai's Wells. (LoC,Ch55)
- At Dumai's Wells Grady is one of the nine Asha'man selected to accompany Rand back to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch2)
- Jur accompanies Rand to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Grady and Neald accompany Perrin to Ghealdan. (ACoS,Ch27)
- Grady and Neald wait back in the camp while Perrin and a small group scout Bethal. (TPoD,Ch7)
- Grady and Neald practice swords every morning. (TPoD,Ch9)
- Perrin visits Masema with Neald, Grady, Balwer, Edarra, Carelle, Masuri, Seonid, their three Warders, Aram and Elyas. (TPoD,Ch30)
- Perrin and the others leave Abila and ride back to camp. (WH,Ch1)
- Perrin sends out scouts to look for Faile, but he orders Grady and Neald to stay with the camp. (WH,Ch2)
- The next morning Perrin sees Grady by one of the fires in the Two Rivers camp. (WH,Ch5)
- Perrin's plan is to ride toward the ambush site, then have Grady or Neald open a gateway to move them forty miles south. (WH,Ch6)
- Neald and Grady are worn out from having to make so many gateways in the search for Faile. (CoT,Ch5)
- After Elyas returns with news of the Shaido, Grady makes a gateway so Perrin can inspect their camp. While there, he is astounded by the huge flows of saidar to the north. (CoT,Ch8)
- Jur Grady is in Perrin's tent when Gaul and Neald arrive with Galina. (KoD,Prologue)
- After Jondyn Barran and Jori Congar shoot arrows into a stave from three hundred paces, Jur Grady raises it into the air and flash burns it to impress the Seanchan. (KoD,Ch4)
- After Perrin finishes at the Malden aqueduct, Jur Grady opens a gateway back to Perrin's camp. (KoD,Ch26)
- Jur Grady opens a gateway to the Two Rivers for Tam to lead in a few thousand archers. (KoD,Ch29)
- After the battle at Malden, Grady and Neald are too exhausted to make more gateways for quite some time. (TGS,Ch9)
- After a week, Grady and Neald are still too tired to make gateways for any length of time. (TGS,Ch17)
- Perrin and his followers travel slowly through Ghealdan to the Jehannah Road. A bubble of evil brings black snakes and Grady, Neald and Masuri are bitten. Healing does not work properly. (ToM,Ch2)
- They arrive at the Jehannah Road. Seonid and the Wise Ones inspect a patch of land that has turned into the Blight. (ToM,Ch4)
- Perrin meets with the Aes Sedai, the Wise Ones, Grady and others. Neald is still sick. They plan a scouting mission to Cairhien. Seonid and her Warders will go. (ToM,Ch6)
- Perrin�s army sets up camp along the Jehannah Road. Neald, Edarra and Masuri experiment with linking and gateways. (ToM,Ch10)
- Seonid and the other scouts return and she makes her report. The Wise Ones are angry that the Seanchan have chained other Wise Ones even if they are Shaido. Grady is now well and Neald almost is. (ToM,Ch21)
- The Aes Sedai, Asha'man and Wise Ones accompany Perrin and others to a parley with the Whitecloaks. (ToM,Ch26)
- Faile has Dannil make arrangements with Grady and Neald to rescue Perrin if things go badly at the trial. (ToM,Ch30)
- The Aes Sedai, Asha'man and Wise Ones accompany Perrin and others to his trial. Gaul and Neald found a perimeter where Traveling works. (ToM,Ch34)
- When Perrin prepares to fight Slayer, he tells Faile to get the army marching to the perimeter that Neald found if he is not back in an hour. (ToM,Ch35)
- The Asha'man and Wise Ones open a huge gateway on Perrin�s army Travels to safety near Whitebridge. (ToM,Ch38)
- Neald links with Masuri and the Wise Ones to help Perrin forge Mah'alleinir. Grady and Neald open gateways to the point where Perrin expects Shadowspawn to attack the Whitecloak army. (ToM,Ch40)
- Grady detects someone channeling, a Dreadlord operating a Portal Stone. (ToM,Ch41)
- Grady, Annoura and Masuri open a large gateway to Caemlyn. (ToM,Ch44)
- Gaul and Grady wait in the common room of The Happy Throng while Perrin, Thom and Mat exchange stories. (ToM,Ch47)
- The Asha'man, Aes Sedai and Edarra link and open a gateway for Perrin�s army to Travel to the Field of Merrilor. (ToM,Ch53)
- LoC,Ch3 - Sora Grady and Jur have a young son.
- TPoD,Ch8 - Perrin wants to send Grady or Neald to warn Rand about the Seanchan, but Rand insisted on absolute secrecy.
- WH,Ch5 - After Perrin learns that Annoura Healed him, he demands to know why Berelain did not call Grady, Neald or one of the other Aes Sedai. She innocently replies that she did not think of it.
- CoT,Ch8 � Jur Grady is a bit stronger than Fager Neald. They are both stronger than when they left with Perrin.
- CoT,Ch27 � Perrin thinks the way he feels using the axe is something like Grady and Neald feel wielding the One Power.
- KoD,Ch26 � Perrin tries to limit Traveling so that Grady and Neald do not get too tired.
- ToM,Ch43 � When Galad expresses distaste over the Asha'man. Perrin tells him that he owes his life to Grady and Neald.