Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Mierin Eronaile, Selene, Silvie, Keille Shaogi
Pronunciation: seh-LEEN, KEYEL-lee shah-OH-ghe
The wolf name for Lanfear is Moonhunter.
One of the Forsaken. Her real name was Mierin Eronaile. The translation of the Old Tongue name Lanfear is "Daughter of the Night."
She is incredibly beautiful and graceful. She has pale, smooth skin, long, black hair and eyes dark as night. She dresses in white with silver jewelry. (TGH,Ch48) She is tall and slender with dark eyes and shoulder-length black hair. (TFoH,Prologue)
As Sylvie, she is an ugly old crone with a sharp chin, sharp nose and lots of hairy warts. (TDR,Ch27)
As Keille Shaogi, she is short and immensely fat with black eyes and coarse black hair, but she still has her husky, melodious voice. (TSR,Ch36)
Lanfear in the Age of Legends|
- by Dabel Brothers Production
Lanfear 998 NE
- Mierin gives permission to Charn to switch his service from her to Zorelle Sedai so he can marry Nalla. (TSR,Ch26)
- Mierin and Beidomon tap into what they think is a new source of the One Power and unexpectedly open a hole into the Dark One's prison. The Sharom at the Collam Daan explodes in black fire. (TSR,Ch26)
- Mierin proclaims her allegiance to the Great Lord of the Dark in the Hall of the Servants. (TDR,Ch36)
- Unlike the other Forsaken, Mierin claims her own new name, Lanfear.
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years. For Lanfear it is a dreamless sleep. (TDR,Ch36)
- As the Horn expedition passes through an abandoned village, Uno thinks he sees a woman in white standing in a window. (TGH,Ch10)
- In the Portal Stone world, Rand, Loial and Hurin meet Selene. (TGH,Ch16)
- Threatened by more grolm, Selene leads them to another Portal Stone and Rand channels them back to the real world. (TGH,Ch17)
- When the Darkfriends arrive, Rand and Loial steal back the Horn and the ruby dagger. They head south with Hurin and Selene. (TGH,Ch19)
- Rand, Loial, Hurin and Selene ride south to Tremonsien. They pass the giant statue where Rand nearly succumbs to saidin. (TGH,Ch20)
- Rand, Loial, Hurin and Selene stay at The Nine Rings inn where they are questioned by a suspicious Captain Caldevwin. The next morning Selene vanishes and the others head to Cairhien. (TGH,Ch21)
- When Rand and Loial are attacked by Trollocs, Selene joins them and they flee to the Illuminators' chapter house where they accidentally burn the place down. Selene disappears again, but leaves a note for Rand at the inn. (TGH,Ch27)
- Lanfear enters the room in Falme where Min brought Rand. She Heals him, tells Min that she is really running things and vanishes. (TGH,Ch48)
- Lanfear confronts Perrin in a dream and offers him glory. (TDR,Ch4)
- Lanfear listens in on an argument between Ishamael, Be'lal and Rahvin. (TDR,Ch4)
- Perrin walks in on Lanfear in the wolf dream. She angrily threatens him, then disappears. (TDR,Ch9)
- Selene visits Mat and tempts him to join her. (TDR,Ch20)
- Lanfear, in disguise as Else Grinwell, walks the White Tower grounds and rebuffs Mat. (TDR,Ch24)
- Masquerading as Else Grinwell, Lanfear tells Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve to search the belongings of the Black Ajah. (TDR,Ch25)
- Masquerading as Silvie in Tel'aran'rhiod, Lanfear meets Egwene in the Heart of the Stone and tells her about Callandor. (TDR,Ch27)
- Selene visits Rand in his dreams and urges him to take Callandor. (TDR,Ch32)
- Lanfear tells Ba'alzamon that Tel'aran'rhiod is her domain. She serves none but the Great Lord. (TDR,Ch36)
- Lanfear sends a message through Berelain to Moiraine that Lews Therin is hers and she will come back for him. (TDR,Ch56)
- Lanfear confronts Rand and reveals her true identity. She asks him to join her with temptations and threats. She offers to have Asmodean teach him. (TSR,Ch9)
- During the Shadowspawn attack she confronts Rand again and tells him to go get Callandor before one of the other Forsaken does. (TSR,Ch10)
- Rand and the Jindo encounter a band of peddlers led by Hadnan Kadere. He is accompanied by Keille Shaogi and a gleeman. Rhuarc angrily tells him they were headed toward Rhuidean, then gives them permission to go to Cold Rocks Hold. (TSR,Ch36)
- Keille keeps a close eye on Rand while he practices fighting. (TSR,Ch37)
- On the trip to Cold Rocks Hold, Mat tries to make time with Isendre. Keille offers to sell her to him, then comments that few have ever refused an offer from her. (TSR,Ch48)
- Kadere and Keille do a brisk business at Cold Rocks Hold. (TSR,Ch50)
- Lanfear visits Rand's dream while he is dreaming of Min, Elayne and Aviendha. She bites him to mark him. (TSR,Ch50)
- The peddlers with Kadere, Keille, Natael and Isendre accompany the Aiel to Alcair Dal. (TSR,Ch57)
- At Alcair Dal, Lanfear angrily confronts Rand telling him he scared off Asmodean. (TSR,Ch57)
- In Rhuidean after Rand defeats Asmodean, Lanfear shows up. She partially shields Asmodean then leaves him as a passive teacher for Rand. (TSR,Ch58)
- Rahvin, Lanfear, Sammael, and Graendal meet in Rahvin's quarters in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. Lanfear proposes that the four of them work together to control Rand. She tells them that Asmodean is a traitor. She will stay close to Rand while the others keep their distance. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Lanfear visits Hadnan Kadere in his dreams and gives him instructions to watch Rand and Natael. (TFoH,Ch29)
- Lanfear pays a call on Rand and sees the two control statues. She tells him that they could challenge the Great Lord or even the Creator with them. She tells Rand that Rahvin sent the Darkhounds that attacked him. (TFoH,Ch6)
- Demandred, Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin, Sammael and Semirhage all stalk each other in Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch14)
- Graendal, Rahvin, Sammael, and Lanfear plan to trap Rand. Sammael waffles because he is to be the bait while the other three wait linked. (TFoH,Ch34)
- Lanfear arrives at the Cairhien docks and quizzes Kadere about recent events. When she hears that Rand slept with Aviendha she flies into a rage killing Kadere. She attacks Rand and seriously injured Aviendha and Egwene. Moiraine leaps on her and they both fall through the twisted red doorway. (TFoH,Ch52)
- The Aelfinn and Eelfinn tell Moiraine that they killed Lanfear by completely draining her ability to channel. Presumably she got her three requests from the Aelfinn first. In actuality, Moridin visits Sindhol and kills Lanfear so the Great Lord can give her a new body. (ToM,Ch57, AMoL,Prologue)
- After Lanfear is held by the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn, she returns with a new body and a new name, Cyndane. (WH,Ch35)
- Rand tries to help a tormented woman in his dream. She has a different body but he still recognizes her as Mierin. (ToM,Epilogue)
- TEotW,Ch42 - Moiraine says the Forsaken do not have a tenth the power of the Dark One naming several of them - Aginor, Lanfear, Balthamel, Demandred and Ishamael.
- TGH,Ch7 - The translation of the Old Tongue name Lanfear is "Daughter of the Night." Moiraine thinks her real name is unknown, but she was the most powerful Forsaken after Ishamael. She was Lews Therin's lover before he met Ilyena.
- TGH,Ch12 - Egwene dreams of Lanfear standing over Rand.
- TGH,Ch22 - Moiraine asks Vandene about Lanfear. She replies that she only knows that she was linked to Lews Therin.
- TGH,Ch25 - As they enter Cairhien, Rand asks the gate guard about Selene further increasing his suspicion.
- TGH,Ch30 - Rand and Loial go back to the gate to ask about Ingtar and Selene.
- TGH,Ch31 - Rand burns Selene's letters.
- TGH,Ch37 - Verin really wants to talk to Selene to find out what she knows, especially about the book Mirrors of the Wheel.
- TDR,Ch26 - Egwene tells Elayne and Nynaeve about the mysterious woman (Lanfear) she met in the hall.
- TDR,Ch28 - Mat is thrilled that he can escape both the Aes Sedai and Selene.
- TDR,Ch36 - Lanfear claims Tel'aran'rhiod as her domain.
- TDR,Ch43 - Perrin dreams of Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve walking into a cage and closing the door behind them. Liandrin laughs at them and Lanfear laughs at her.
- TDR,Ch43 - Perrin asks Hopper why he showed him Ba'alzamon and Lanfear. Hopper calls them Heartfang and Moonhunter.
- TDR,Ch50 - Moiraine mentions that Lanfear and Ishamael are the strongest Forsaken.
- TSR,Ch21 - Moiraine worries that Lanfear might have influenced Rand.
- TSR,Ch22 - Rand uses what Verin and Lanfear told him about Portal Stones to figure out how to use the Portal Stone in Tear.
- TSR,Ch52 - Birgitte tells Nynaeve that Lanfear always considered Tel'aran'rhiod as her domain. In reality, Moghedien can do more in Tel'aran'rhiod than Lanfear.
- TFoH,Prologue - Lanfear prefers attacks from the flank or the rear rather than a frontal assault.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Asmodean says any of the Forsaken except Lanfear would now kill him on sight. He thinks that Rand and Lanfear worked together to set him up.
- TFoH,Ch14 - Birgitte tells Nynaeve that the Forsaken are stalking each other in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Moiraine tells Egwene that with luck they will not have to worry about Lanfear.
- TFoH,Ch51 - When Rand decides to go after Rahvin, Moiraine warns him that Rahvin might be with Semirhage or Graendal or Lanfear.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Moghedien tells Nynaeve that Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin and Sammael are plotting against Rand. They will draw him to Sammael and the others will be waiting. At least Rahvin and Graendal will. She thinks Lanfear has other plans.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Asmodean is glad that Lanfear and Rahvin are dead, Lanfear especially for what she did to him.
- LoC,Prologue - Demandred tells the Great Lord that Asmodean and Lanfear vanished.
- LoC,Prologue - Elayne, Nynaeve, Siuan and Leane have learned that Moiraine and Lanfear are dead.
- LoC,Prologue - Semirhage wears black because Lanfear wears white.
- LoC,Prologue - Osan'gar thinks that Aran'gar's recklessness makes Lanfear seem cautious.
- LoC,Ch6 - Sammael asks Graendal where Asmodean and Lanfear are. Graendal says she thinks Rand killed them. Sammael thinks Lanfear sent the opposing force of Trollocs to the Stone of Tear.
- LoC,Ch15 - Lanfear hurt Egwene so badly she could hardly do anything for ten days.
- LoC,Ch19 - Aviendha still feels that she has toh toward Rand for saving her from Lanfear.
- LoC,Ch23 - Sammael again asks Graendal where Asmodean and Lanfear are. Graendal says they are dead. Sammael tells her to show him the bodies.
- ACoS,Prologue - Alviarin recalls that Lanfear is one of the Forsaken who came to her in the White Tower.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Egwene believes that Lanfear and Moiraine killed each other.
- ACoS,Ch10 - Egwene says that Moghedien knows at least as much about Tel'aran'rhiod as Lanfear did.
- ACoS,Ch33 - Rand recalls that Lanfear told him he could challenge the Creator himself with the giant statue sa'angreal.
- KoD,Ch3 � Graendal insists that Cyndane is weaker than Lanfear but Aran'gar is still certain that they are the same person.
- KoD,Ch10 � In her letter to Thom, Moiraine says that she will soon go to the docks and confront Lanfear as proof that she knows the future.
- KoD,Ch18 � Rand believes that Ishamael and Lanfear were able to track ta'veren by their influence on the Pattern.
- KoD,Ch27 � Semirhage tells the crowd around Rand that he told Lanfear things that only Lews Therin could have known.
- TGS,Ch27 � Mat wonders if they will run into Lanfear at the Tower of Ghenjei.
- TGS,Ch29 � Thinking about Moiraine, Rand wonders if Lanfear has been brought back like Ishamael.
- AMoL,Ch1 � Rand's dream of Lanfear awakens him.