Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Mistress of the Kitchens in the White Tower, the center of Aes Sedai power, in Tar Valon. A woman of surprising knowledge and shocking past.
During the Aiel War, she is plump and more than pretty, short of her middle years. (NS,Ch6) She is very fat. (TDR,Ch29) Her pudgy round face has seen her share of winters. Her hair is starting to gray and she has creases at the sides of her eyes. (TGS,Ch16)
- When Moiraine and Siuan dawdle over breakfast, Laras frowns at them until they leave. (NS,Ch6)
- On hearing the harsh punishment that Siuan sets on Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve, Laras goes to Sheriam and demands to know the limit of their punishment. She will not be a party to breaking a girl's spirit. (TDR,Ch29)
- Laras presides over the kitchen while Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve work there. At Siuan's request she washes Egwene's and Elayne's mouths with soap. (TDR,Ch29)
- Laras takes Elmindreda under her wing and seems intent on teaching her to be "lively." (TSR,Ch17)
- After the battle in the White Tower, Laras helps Min pack to escape giving her a fancy makeup kit. She helps free Siuan and Leane, then heads back to her kitchen. (TSR,Ch47, TFoH,Ch1)
- Laras watches out for Egwene when she does her novice kitchen chores. (KoD,Ch24)
- Laras is pleased when Egwene brings her own tray back to the kitchen. (TGS,Ch2)
- Deeming her punishment to be unreasonable, Laras tries to talk Egwene into accepting her help to escape the White Tower. She has done this before. (TGS,Ch16)
- Laras carefully brews poisoned tea for Verin then sends a note to Egwene. (TGS,Ch39)
- TSR,Glossary - Laras is a woman of surprising knowledge and shocking past.
- TGS,Ch39 � Verin says that Laras is most definitely not a Darkfriend.