Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: lee-AHN shah-REEF
An Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah and Keeper of the Chronicles for Siuan Sanche. In Salidar after being Healed she changed to the Green Ajah. She is Domani. She has an Aunt Resara. Her Warder was Anjen.
- As novices and Accepted, Siuan, Leane, Sheriam get into more than their share of trouble while Carlinya is a bit more circumspect. (TFoH,Ch26)
- Leane is raised to the shawl the year after Rafela. (NS,Ch11)
- In the raising ceremony for Moiraine and Siuan, Rafela Cindal and Leane Sharif give them their shawls as they are the newest Blue Ajah sisters. (NS,Ch11)
- Leane and the rest of the Blue Ajah sisters welcome Moiraine and Siuan to the Blue Ajah quarters. (NS,Ch12)
- After being raised to the shawl, Moiraine and Siuan resume their Accepted friendship with Adine Canford and Leane. (NS,Ch14)
- Leane arrives at Fal Dara as part of the Amyrlin Seat's entourage. (TGH,Ch2)
- Leane stays with Siuan while she has an audience with Moiraine. (TGH,Ch4)
- Leane participates in partially Healing Mat. Later, in the infirmary, she takes a close look at Perrin and Delves him. (TGH,Ch7)
- Leane waits outside while Rand has his audience with Siuan. (TGH,Ch8)
- She tries to Heal a man who was wounded by an arrow at Fal Dara. (TGH,Ch9)
- Leane returns to Tar Valon by way of Medo with the rest of the Amyrlin's party. (TGH,Ch12)
- Leane and the rest of the Amyrlin's party arrive at Tar Valon. (TGH,Ch18)
- Leane sees Abell Cauthon and Tam al'Thor when they visit Tar Valon asking about their sons. She tells them she does not know where they are. (TDR,Ch20)
- Leane admits Verin to an audience with Siuan, then leaves at the Amyrlin's command. (TDR,Ch12)
- Leane meets Elayne, Egwene, Nynaeve and their escorts at Siuan's study. She sends Faolain to Marris Sedai for punishment. She then listens as Siuan punishes the three girls. (TDR,Ch13)
- Alanna, Anaiya, Brendas, Leane, Serafelle, Sheriam, Siuan, Verin and two other Aes Sedai Heal Mat. (TDR,Ch18)
- Siuan and Leane visit Mat and tell him he must stay in the White Tower. (TDR,Ch20)
- Leane admits Min to Siuan's study. (TSR,Ch1)
- Leane is now in on Min's secret. She listens while Min reports her viewing of Logain to Siuan. (TSR,Ch17)
- Leane is deposed and stilled along with Siuan. Laras and Min rescue them and they leave Tar Valon picking up Logain on the way. (TSR,Ch47)
- Min, Siuan and Leane are arrested in Kore Springs. They escape with Logain. (TFoH,Ch1)
- Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain make their way to Lugard where Siuan learns that the rebel Aes Sedai are gathering in Salidar. (TFoH,Ch11)
- Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain arrive at Salidar. They meet Anaiya, Carlinya, Myrelle and Sheriam. They quiz Siuan and Leane to make sure who they are. (TFoH,Ch26)
- Siuan and Leane goad the Salidar Aes Sedai into action telling them that the Red Ajah set up Logain as a false Dragon. (TFoH,Ch27)
- As punishment, the Salidar Aes Sedai give Siuan and Leane to Gareth Bryne as personal maids. (TFoH,Ch28)
- Siuan and Leane are there when Elayne, Nynaeve and the others arrive in Salidar. (TFoH,Ch50)
- Nynaeve studies Siuan, Leane and Logain to learn about stilling. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Nynaeve uses the a'dam and Moghedien as a surrogate to study Siuan and Leane. (LoC,Prologue)
- Nynaeve and Elayne take Siuan, Leane, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle and Sheriam to the White Tower in Tel'aran'rhiod. Leane leaves to check for messages from her eyes-and-ears agents. (LoC,Ch7)
- In the streets of Salidar Siuan exchanges information with Leane. (LoC,Ch8)
- In Tel'aran'rhiod Leane visits Tar Valon regularly to gather information. (LoC,Ch14)
- Leane watches the ceremony as Tarna Feir leaves Salidar. (LoC,Ch15)
- Nynaeve Heals Siuan and Leane. Siuan and Leane are restored to Aes Sedai, but they are much weaker than they used to be. They meet with Elayne and Nynaeve and agree to continue their working relationship. (LoC,Ch30)
- At a party Mat finds himself flirting with Siuan and dancing with Leane. (LoC,Ch44)
- Siuan and Leane suggest the idea that Egwene play the two armies off each other to keep local nobles from causing trouble. (LoC,Ch52)
- Egwene tells Siuan and Leane about Moghedien's escape and sends Leane to have Theodrin and Faolain ask about a man in the area. (ACoS,Ch9)
- Leane guards the tent while Bryne reports in secret to Egwene and Siuan. (TPoD,Ch15)
- Egwene runs into Leane at the tent where they practice making cuendillar. (CoT,Ch17)
- Leane provides reports to Egwene from her eyes-and-ears in Tar Valon. (CoT,Ch18)
- Leane takes a boat to Southharbor with the intent of turning the chain to cuendillar. (CoT,Ch30)
- Leane converts half the Southharbor chain before she is captured by Melare, Desala, Arebis, Zanica and the others. She shielded her ability to channel which the Aes Sedai noted. They take her to a cell in the White Tower basement. (KoD,Prologue)
- Egwene visits Leane regularly in her basement cell. (KoD,Ch24)
- After a lashing, attending Elaida, and another lashing, Egwene still takes time to visit Leane. (TGS,Ch2)
- Egwene visits Leane while Musarin and Gelarna stand guard. The stones of the floor and iron of the bars melt like wax and Leane begins to sink. Quick action by Egwene saves her. (TGS,Ch6)
- Leane is freed from her cell and stands with Siuan and the rest of the rebel Aes Sedai to welcome Egwene, apologize for wrongdoing, and prepare to move forward. (TGS,Ch46)
- Egwene and Leane meet in Tel'aran'rhiod with Sitters, Wise Ones and Windfinders to discuss unification of all channelers with the White Tower. (ToM,Ch36)
- When the Black Ajah attacks, only Aes Sedai Egwene, Nynaeve, Leane and Siuan remain to fight. (ToM,Ch37)
- After defeating Mesaana, Egwene brings the limp form back to the upper floors of the White Tower where Nynaeve, Leane, Siuan and the Wise Ones wait. (ToM,Ch38)
- NS,Ch11 � Leane is stronger than Rafela.
- TGH,Ch4 - Leane was Blue Ajah before being raised to Keeper of the Chronicles.
- TGH,Ch5 - Moiraine thinks Leane will support Siuan no matter what. Siuan is not so sure.
- TGH,Ch7 - Leane has brothers almost as big as Perrin.
- TDR,Ch12 - Leane and Siuan were novices together.
- TDR,Ch14 - Siuan includes Leane among the few she can trust.
- TSR,Ch1 - Min has a viewing of Leane - a transparent mask of her own face, a screaming mask.
- TSR,Ch31 - Tam and Abell tell Perrin that they traveled to Tar Valon, but Leane sent them away with no information about Rand and Mat.
- TFoH,Ch1 - Leane's mother was a merchant trading in furs and timber.
- TFoH,Ch1 - Leane's Aunt Resara taught her Domani charms.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Moghedien creates dreams of Siuan, Leane, Galad, Gawyn and Marin al'Vere trying to trap Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- TFoH,Ch26 - Siuan and Leane were novice and Accepted with Sheriam and Carlinya.
- LoC,Ch13 - Tarna Feir learns that Siuan and Leane are in Salidar. Somehow she learns that Logain is there as well.
- LoC,Ch14 - Egwene spots Leane and Siuan often in Tel'aran'rhiod but she does not recognize them.
- LoC,Ch29 - Nynaeve looks for Siuan and Leane to study them some more, but they are busy with the Sitters.
- LoC,Ch30 - The loss of her Warder Anjen fifteen years ago was so painful that Leane never bonded another.
- LoC,Ch37 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene that only Birgitte, Siuan and Leane know about Moghedien.
- ACoS,Prologue - Alviarin keeps a lot of her stuff as a reminder of the price of failure.
- ACoS,Ch8 - After she feels Moghedien escape, Egwene sends Chesa to find Siuan and Leane, the only other two in the camp who know about her.
- ACoS,Ch11 - Siuan was denied use of the ring ter'angreal for being temperamental, but sneaks it from Leane.
- CoT,Ch17 - Leane is second best after Egwene at making cuendillar.
- KoD,Prologue � Egwene learns that Leane is also a prisoner and that she partly succeeded.
- KoD,Ch1 � Siuan informs the Salidar Aes Sedai that Egwene and Leane were captured.
- KoD,Ch2 � The Salidar Aes Sedai are delighted that Egwene and Leane are alive and in communication.
- TGS,Ch8 � Siuan wonders if she should have chosen Green Ajah like Leane did. She wonders if Leane is alright, considering how spiteful Elaida can be.
- TGS,Ch18 � When Siuan learns that Elaida has Traveling she wonders if Egwene or Leane was broken. Then she realizes it must have been Beonin.
- TGS,Ch25 - Sheriam tells Mesaana that Leane had one of the Dream ter'angreal, not knowing that Siuan actually has it.