Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Luan of House Norwelyn
An Andoran nobleman, High Seat of House Norwelyn.
He is hard-faced and graying. (LoC,Ch16)
- During the Succession, Lord Pelivar, Lord Abelle, Lady Arathelle, Lady Ellorien, Lady Aemlyn and Lord Luan support Morgase for the Lion Throne. (TFoH,Ch19)
- Under the influence of Gaebril, Morgase exiles Lord Pelivar, Lord Abelle, Lady Arathelle, Lady Ellorien, Lady Aemlyn and Lord Luan. (TFoH,Ch19)
- Rand meets with Abelle, Dyelin, Ellorien and Luan and tells them he wants to deliver Andor to Elayne. Ellorien and Luan support Dyelin for the throne, but Dyelin supports Elayne. (LoC,Ch16)
- Rand meets with Aemlyn, Arathelle, Dyelin, Ellorien, Luan and Pelivar to tell them that Elayne is on her way to Caemlyn. They are doubtful. Rand dismisses them when Min arrives. (LoC,Ch41)
- Rafela meets with Lord Luan. They agree that Andor will be better off if Rand leaves it in peace and unity. (LoC,Ch43)
- Luan supports Dyelin as regent in Elayne's name. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Luan supported Morgase and tentatively supports Elayne for the Lion Throne but he might switch to Dyelin. (TPoD,Ch28)
- When eighty of Lord Luan's armsmen led by Jurad Accan are attacked by Lord Nasin's troops, Doilin Mellar leads a sortie to rescue them and bring them into Caemlyn even though Luan has not yet sworn to Elayne. (CoT,Ch11)
- Abelle, Ellorien and Luan have disappeared and cannot be found. (CoT,Ch14)
- Elenia sends agents to Abelle, Ellorien and Luan to see if they might support her for the throne. (CoT,Ch15)
- Abelle, Ellorien and Luan, Aemlyn, Arathelle and Pelivar have sixty thousand men in two camps south of Caemlyn. Dyelin is in negotiations with them but they want her for the throne. (KoD,Ch17)
- Abelle, Ellorien and Luan, Aemlyn, Arathelle and Pelivar break camp and head north toward Caemlyn. (KoD,Ch32)
- Luan and the others travel to Caemlyn. (KoD,Ch33)
- Elayne holds an audience with Abelle, Ellorien and Luan, Aemlyn, Arathelle and Pelivar. After hearing Elayne, Abelle and Luan stand for Trakand. Aemlyn, Arathelle and Pelivar then stand for Trakand. Ellorien leaves in a huff. (KoD,Ch35)
- LoC,Ch9 - When she hears news of nobles consorting with Rand in Caemlyn, Morgase is pleased that she only hears names of her enemies, not those she considers her supporters such as Pelivar, Abelle, Luan, Arathelle, Ellorien and Aemlyn.
- LoC,Ch16 - Lord Luan is High Seat of House Norwelyn.
- LoC,Ch28 - Lord Luan and Lady Dyelin are the most powerful nobles in Andor. Lady Arathelle is not far behind.
- TPoD,Ch28 - Luan has only granddaughters and they are too young to challenge for the Lion Throne.
- WH,Prologue - Elayne and Dyelin discuss support for the Lion Throne. Dyelin is confident that Abelle, Ellorien and Luan will support Elayne, but Elayne is not so sure.
- WH,Ch27 - Elayne hopes that the Borderlands army will force Arathelle, Luan and Pelivar to join forces with her.