Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A Wise One of the Jhirad sept of the Goshien Aiel. A dreamwalker. Married to Bael, sister-wife to Dorindha.
She is handsome with red-gold hair and appears to be in her early thirties. (TSR,Ch23) She is sun haired with green eyes. (ACoS,Ch10)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana all tell Rhuarc he must cross the Spine of the World to search for He Who Comes With the Dawn. (TDR,Ch39)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana send a letter to Moiraine at the Stone of Tear telling her to send Aviendha to them at Chaendaer. (TSR,Ch12) The letter says they will meet Moiraine there as well. (TSR,Ch23)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana meet Rand and his party on Chaendaer. They give permission for Rand and Mat to go to Rhuidean then send Aviendha and Moiraine as well. They begin to teach Egwene dreamwalking. (TSR,Ch23)
- After Rand shows the dragon marks, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Seana and Egwene go to the tents with Rand and Mat. (TSR,Ch34)
- In the sweat tents, Melaine and the other Wise Ones discuss what to do about Rand. They decide to have Aviendha stay close to him. (TSR,Ch35)
- On the way from Chaendaer to Imre Stand, Melaine rides behind Moiraine while they have a discussion. (TSR,Ch36)
- Moiraine spends a lot of time with Melaine and the other Wise Ones on the way to Cold Rocks Hold. The Wise Ones are also teaching Aviendha to channel. (TSR,Ch48)
- At Cold Rocks Hold, Moiraine, Lan, Egwene and the other Wise Ones arrive at Lian's house shortly after Rand, Rhuarc and Amys. (TSR,Ch49)
- The Wise Ones are spying on Rand's dreams. (TSR,Ch50)
- Rand tells the Wise Ones that he knows they are using Aviendha as a spy. Melaine almost slips and reveals that the Wise Ones actually plan to get Rand to marry an Aiel woman. (TSR,Ch50)
- At Alcair Dal, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene wait at the edge while Rand, Rhuarc and Mat enter the bowl. (TSR,Ch57)
- When Rand returns from Rhuidean, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene have joined the clan chiefs on the speaking ledge. (TSR,Ch58)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are unhappy that Rand has shielded his dreams from them. (TFoH,Ch4)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene, Aviendha and Moiraine in the sweat tents. They tell Moiraine that the Aiel follow Rand. They tell Aviendha to stay in Rand's room. Melaine asks Amys and Bair to intercede for her with Dorindha because she wants to marry Bael. (TFoH,Ch5)
- That night Egwene finds Melaine's dream. She dreams of having a baby. (TFoH,Ch7)
- Egwene and Melaine meet with Nynaeve in Tel'aran'rhiod. Melaine goads Nynaeve telling her that Lan will die on the day he learns she is dead. (TFoH,Ch14)
- Bael and Melaine are married. Melaine and Dorindha become first-sisters. (TFoH,Ch21)
- The gai'shain set up tents for Amys, Bair and Melaine when they make camp in Jangai Pass three days later. (TFoH,Ch21)
- Egwene, Amys, Bair, and Melaine come to check on Rand after the Shadowspawn attack. Melaine then goes to check on Bael and Dorindha. (TFoH,Ch22)
- Melaine and Aeron try to listen in when Sorilea talks with Egwene and Aviendha. Sorilea chases them away. (TFoH,Ch23)
- Melaine is too busy with Bael and Dorindha to join Amys and Bair in a trip to Tel'aran'rhiod with Egwene. (TFoH,Ch24)
- In a meeting between Wise Ones and clan chiefs, Melaine intercedes with Bael on behalf of the Maidens. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea reluctantly give permission for Aviendha to participate in the battle with Rand and Egwene. (TFoH,Ch43)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea refuse to let delegations of Tairen and Cairhienin nobles bother Rand while he sleeps and recuperates. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and a bunch of other Wise Ones meet with Rand to make sure he keeps his obligations to the Aiel in perspective with his obligations to Elayne. (TFoH,Ch52)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea come to Egwene's aid after Lanfear attacks her. They forbid her from entering Tel'aran'rhiod until she is well. (TFoH,Ch53)
- Rand overhears a conversation between Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and Aviendha. The Wise Ones tell her she should have been successful with Rand by now. Amys tells the others that Aviendha was more successful than they know. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine monitor Egwene's progress as she recovers. They continue to teach her about Tel'aran'rhiod but will not let her accompany them. (LoC,Ch15)
- Aviendha accompanies Rand to Cairhien and immediately goes to a meeting with Amys, Bair and Melaine. (LoC,Ch18)
- A delegation of Wise Ones, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea, Chaelin and Edarra, waits to meet with Rand in the Sun Palace, but he Travels back to Caemlyn instead. Melaine returns to Caemlyn with Rand to "consult" with Bael. (LoC,Ch19)
- Min has a viewing that Melaine will have twin girls. Melaine is astounded, then delighted and goes to tell Bael the good news. (LoC,Ch41)
- Melaine also tells Amys and Bair about Min's ability. (LoC,Ch50)
- Bael and Melaine attend the audience when the seven Aes Sedai pay an unexpected call on Rand. After it is over, Melaine tells Rand that he handled them well. (LoC,Ch49)
- Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod and tell her that Need probably cannot be used twice for the same thing. (LoC,Ch52)
- Rand meets with Bashere, Deira, Bael, Dorindha and Melaine. Melaine tells him about several Aes Sedai who have been staying at The Silver Swan in Caemlyn for the past month. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Melaine, Bair and Amys meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. (ACoS,Ch10)
- Melaine and the other Wise Ones keep Aviendha busy with training now that she is back in Caemlyn. (WH,Ch10)
- Melaine tells Bael to keep his Aiel away from the besiegers around Caemlyn. Elayne would not like it if he interfered. (CoT,Prologue)
- Monaelle is Melaine's midwife. (KoD,Ch15)
- As Aviendha returns from scouting with Rhuarc, they meet up with Amys, Bair, Melaine and Nadere. Amys grills her and seems satisfied then assigns useless labor. (TGS,Ch3)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, the clan chiefs and Aes Sedai meet with Rand. (TGS,Ch7)
- Melaine compliments Aviendha on her strength and skill dealing with the fire then sends her to bed with the message that there will be more punishment tomorrow. (TGS,Ch11)
- Outraged by Min�s questions, Aviendha cracks and goes to Amys, Bair and Melaine. She tells them she is through with their teaching and punishments. They laugh and tell her she finally passed! They send her to Rhuidean. (TGS,Ch26)
- Nynaeve tells Cadsuane, Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea about Rand�s attack on Graendal. They agree to make her part of their plan. (TGS,Ch37)
- Egwene meets in Tel'aran'rhiod with Sitters, Wise Ones Amys, Bair and Melaine, and Windfinders to discuss unification of all channelers with the White Tower. (ToM,Ch36)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine fight in the battle in Tel'aran'rhiod. (ToM,Ch37)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are truly impressed when Egwene overcomes Mesaana. (ToM,Ch38)
- Aviendha returns to the Field of Merrilor and reports to Amys, Bair, Kymer, Melaine and Sorilea. They agree that someone else should try the glass columns a second time and Aviendha makes a gateway for Bair to Rhuidean. (AMoL,Prologue)
- TSR,Ch23 - Melaine introduces herself as Jhirad sept of the Goshien Aiel.
- TFoH,Ch22 - After the attack, Amys and Bair make a bet on whether Melaine will check on Bael or Dorindha first.
- TFoH,Ch23 - Egwene tells Aviendha that she will intercede for her with Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- LoC,Ch14 - Egwene can now recognize the dreams of Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- LoC,Ch19 - "Melaine and Bair dreamed of you Rand on a boat with three women whose faces they could not see, and a scale tilting first one way then the other. Melaine and Amys dreamed of a man standing by your side with a dagger to your throat, but you did not see him. Amys, Bair and Melaine all three had this dream, which makes it especially significant. Rain, coming from a bowl. There are snares and pitfalls around the bowl. If the right hands pick it up, they will find a treasure perhaps as great as the bowl. If the wrong hands, the world is doomed. The key to finding the bowl is to find the one who is no longer."
- LoC,Ch33 - After the Wise Ones finish whipping her for lying, Egwene ruefully realizes that she still has unfulfilled toh to Aviendha, Melaine and Rhuarc.
- LoC,Ch50 - Min is overwhelmed by Wise Ones when she arrives in Cairhien because Melaine spread the word about her ability.
- LoC,Ch52 - Melaine is delighted over her pregnancy.
- ACoS,Ch10 - Melaine is a stronger channeler than the average Aes Sedai.
- WH,Prologue - Melaine does not attend Elayne's and Aviendha's first-sister ceremony. The Wise Ones tell Elayne that the channeling might harm her babies.