Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah for over a hundred years. She is ambassador from the Salidar Aes Sedai to the court of Ebou Dar. She is Cairhienin.
She is a slender, palely elegant Cairhienin with glossy black hair and large liquid dark eyes. (LoC,Ch48) She is a short, pale, Cairhienin, shorter than Joline. (ACoS,Ch16) She has glossy black hair. (ACoS,Ch30)
- The Salidar Aes Sedai send Merilille Ceandevin to Ebou Dar as an emissary to the queen. (LoC,Ch15)
- Sheriam sends a letter to Merilille alerting her about the Bowl of the Winds. (LoC,Ch15)
- Adeleas and Vandene introduce Elayne, Nynaeve, Birgitte and Aviendha to Merilille at the Tarasin Palace. She learns that they are Aes Sedai, Egwene is now Amyrlin, and Birgitte is Elayne's Warder. (LoC,Ch48)
- Elayne and Nynaeve have disguises of Illusion and also mask their ability to channel so they walk right by Merilille without her noticing. (LoC,Ch52)
- She, Adeleas and Sareitha argue over Mat with Joline and Teslyn in the Tarasin Palace. (ACoS,Ch16)
- When Elayne reports the Kin, she is grilled by Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene. She finally gets angry and takes control whereupon they defer to her. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Elayne leads Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene to the Kin house where they meet with Reanne and the Elders. (ACoS,Ch31)
- The five Salidar Aes Sedai including Merilille meet with Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, the Kin, and the Sea Folk Windfinders to discuss the use of the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch39)
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, Merilille and the other Aes Sedai ride through Aviendha's gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch1)
- Merilille and the other Aes Sedai ride from the gateway to the farm. They take turn bugging Elayne about Ispan being held by the Kin instead of them. (TPoD,Ch3)
- Merilille and the other Aes Sedai Travel with Elayne to Andor when the Seanchan attack the farm. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Merilille and the other Aes Sedai travel across Andor with Elayne toward Caemlyn. When it begins to snow, Renaile claims Merilille as a teacher to complete the bargain of the Bowl. (TPoD,Ch20)
- Merilille and the other Aes Sedai travel with Elayne to the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. Renaile and the other Windfinders keep her constantly busy teaching them. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Merilille accompanies Renaile and Zaida when they pay a call on Elayne to demand more teachers for the Windfinders. (WH,Prologue)
- The Windfinders now sometimes use Merilille as a test subject for their lessons. (WH,Ch11)
- Reanne Corly weaves a gateway to Braem Wood and Merilille seeks out the Borderlands rulers. She negotiates a meeting with Elayne, then returns to Caemlyn. (WH,Ch26)
- Merilille returns to Braem Wood with news that Elayne is coming. After the discussions, she returns to Caemlyn with Elayne, Aviendha and Birgitte. (WH,Ch27)
- Elayne reassures Careane, Sareitha, Merilille and Vandene that there is nothing they can do about the powerful channeling to the west. Careane and Merilille dislike Doilin Mellar but Sareitha approves of him. (CoT,Ch11)
- Merilille sneaks out of the Royal Palace with one of the Sea Folk apprentices. (CoT,Ch14)
- LoC,Ch15 - Merilille Ceandevin is Gray Ajah.
- LoC,Ch36 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene that Merilille will never find the Bowl as she is too busy negotiating with Queen Tylin.
- LoC,Ch39 - Egwene sends Elayne and Nynaeve to Ebou Dar to join Merilille.
- ACoS,Ch17 - Merilille taught Joline when she was a novice.
- ACoS,Ch17 - Joline and Teslyn are the same strength and are stronger than Merilille.
- ACoS,Ch23 - Setalle threatens to turn in Elayne and Nynaeve to Merilille and Teslyn.
- ACoS,Ch37 - The Knitting Circle members are puzzled and hurt that the Aes Sedai including Merilille and Sareitha think they are lying about their numbers and ages.
- TPoD,Ch16 - Lelaine demands that Egwene leave a message for Merilille to contact the Sea Folk when she arrives in Caemlyn.
- WH,Ch8 - Kirstian and Zarya conclude that Adeleas' murderer must be Merilille, Careane or Sareitha. They report this to Vandene. Elayne puts them in Vandene's charge to keep them from talking any more.
- CoT,Ch11 � Merilille has worn the shawl over a hundred years.
- CoT,Ch11 - Elayne believes that one of Merilille, Sareitha or Careane murdered Adeleas.
- CoT,Ch12 � When Elayne argues with Zaida about Aes Sedai teachers for the Sea Folk, Zaida says that Merilille personally agreed to be a teacher.
- CoT,Ch18 � The Salidar Aes Sedai Sitters think that Merilille and Vandene have Elayne under control.
- KoD,Ch14 � Elayne worries that one of Merilille, Careane and Sareitha is Black Ajah.
- KoD,Ch14 � The Windfinders continue to badger Elayne on the whereabouts of Merilille and Talaan.
- KoD,Ch16 � Elayne has a hard time believing that Merilille might be Black Ajah.
- KoD,Ch17 � After the murder of Reanne, Elayne is relieved that Merilille is cleared of the murder of Adeleas.