Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: The Watcher, The Wanderer
One of the new Forsaken.
He is a tall, broad shouldered young man the same size as Rand with bright blue eyes and a too strong chin. He has a deep voice. He is almost pretty enough for Graendal. (ACoS,Ch25) He is a big fellow with black hair and a deep voice. He is easily as tall as Rand. (ACoS,Ch41) He is a blue-eyed man with a square chin, perhaps a few years older than Rand. (KoD,Ch18)
- After Rand slays Ishamael, the Great Lord captures his soul and gives him a new body and a new name, Moridin.
- Moridin returns to the Town for the first time. The Samma N'Sei think he is one of the Talentless and he ends up killing a dozen of them. (AMoL,Prologue)
- As the Watcher, he watches the meeting between Sevanna and the Wise Ones and Sammael and Graendal. He thinks Sammael's actions will increase chaos so they are okay. (ACoS,Ch20)
- Shaidar Haran delivers Moghedien to him. He holds her mindtrap and another. (ACoS,Ch25)
- Moridin wears the two mindtraps. He contemplates a game of sha'rah thinking that only nine still living even remember the game. (TPoD,Prologue)
- As the Wanderer, he rescues Rand as he is about to fall into a pit in Shadar Logoth. He tells Rand how to go after Sammael then disappears. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Moridin watches as Elayne, Nynaeve and the rest Travel from Ebou Dar. He is suddenly worried when Madic tells him of the Bowl of the Winds and accidentally kills him in a fit of anger. If they try to fix the weather he plans to stop them or make them pay. (TPoD,Ch2)
- Moridin promotes Mili Skane and sends her to Caemlyn. He has Moghedien send her Daved Hanlon, has her execute Jaichim Carridin and gives her Falion and Marillin. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Moridin brings Cyndane to a meeting with Demandred, Graendal, Osan'gar and Aran'gar. He has Cyndane report on Rand's plans to cleanse saidin then orders the others to follow Rand and take him or kill him. (WH,Ch13)
- Taim orders Kisman to kill Rand. Then Demandred orders Kisman to kill Rand. Finally, Moridin orders Kisman to kill Rand if he must, but first priority is to retrieve Rand's possessions. (WH,Ch22)
- Moridin strokes Cyndane's and Moghedien's mindtraps while they try to stop Rand from using the access keys. (WH,Ch35)
- Moridin calls a meeting in Tel'aran'rhiod and Aran'gar, Cyndane, Demandred, Graendal, Mesaana, Moghedien and Semirhage attend. He orders them to kill Mat and Perrin but Rand is his. (KoD,Ch3)
- Rand sees images of Moridin in his mind and he and Lews Therin think the man can also see them. (KoD,Ch18)
- When Rand gets dizzy from channeling, he sees Moridin who also looks furious and sick. (KoD,Ch21)
- Demandred and Mesaana plead with Moridin to help free Semirhage but he angrily refuses because she injured Rand. He orders Graendal to disrupt Arad Doman and cause anguish for Rand, but not to harm him, and tells her she will be rewarded for her success. (TGS,Prologue)
- Rand is pulled into a dream with Moridin. Moridin states his philosophy, the Great Lord will eventually break the Wheel of Time so what is the use of struggling? (TGS,Ch15)
- Moridin and the Great Lord reward Graendal with a trickle of the True Power. (ToM,Prologue)
- Moridin gives Graendal another chance, to kill Perrin. He gives her a dreamspike and Slayer. (ToM,Ch5)
- ACoS,Ch20 - As the Watcher, he knows a great deal about Sammael and Graendal from the past. He thinks of the Wise Ones as "so-called Aiel." He has saa which indicate extensive use of the True Power. He can tell if a man is holding saidin and his skin prickles when a woman channels.
- ACoS,Ch25 - He has saa which indicate extensive use of the True Power.
- ACoS,Ch30 - Moghedien hopes that Moridin will not notice or excuse her independent action in trying to balefire Nynaeve.
- ACoS,Ch30 - Moridin's colors are black and red.
- ACoS,Ch41 - As the Wanderer he channels balefire, but Rand can detect neither saidin nor saidar.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Cyndane and Moghedien tell Graendal that Moridin is Nae'blis. Shaidar Haran confirms this and tells her to visit Moridin.
- TPoD,Ch21 � In his dreams, Rand sometimes sees himself as Lews Therin or a blurred image of Moridin.
- WH,Prologue � Rand sees a blurry image of Moridin in his head and Lews Therin calls him another destroyer.
- WH,Ch10 - Lady Shiaine carries out Moridin's command to punish Falion making her a servant and letting Daved Hanlon have her. Shiaine is convinced that Moghedien is subservient to Moridin.
- WH,Ch22 � Rand gets dizzy and sees the murky face of Moridin.
- WH,Ch35 � Rand gets dizzy and sees a vague image of Moridin.
- WH,Ch35 � Osan'gar has always been terrified of Moridin. He was mad with power even before the Bore was sealed.
- CoT,Ch15 � Daved Hanlon wonders what Lady Shiaine's boss, Moridin, intends for him.
- KoD,Ch20 � After the Trolloc attack Rand wonders if another of the Forsaken knows Ishamael's way of tracking through the Pattern or perhaps Moridin can locate him.
- KoD,Ch31 � When four of the Black Ajah sisters unexpectedly return to the house on Full Moon Street Shiaine asks if they were sent by Moridin.
- TGS,Ch22 � Thinking about his meeting with Moridin, Rand wonders why Moridin saved him at Shadar Logoth.
- TGS,Ch50 � Atop Dragonmount, Rand wonders if Moridin is right, that the struggle against the Dark One is meaningless.