Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: PAY-drohn NEYE-awl
Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light.
He is all sinew and bone, with white hair. He has dark eyes. (LoC,Prologue)
- Pedron Niall leads the Whitecloak invasion of Altara in 957 NE. (Guide)
- At the Battle of Soremaine, Niall's forces capture King Mattin Stepaneos of Illian. (Guide, LoC,Ch9)
- At Jhamara, Niall responds to a hunch and places some of his forces to guard "impassable" mountains, foiling an attack by the Illian army. (LoC,Ch31)
- Pedron Niall administers the oath to Geofram Bornhald in 962 NE. (TGH,Ch5)
- Pedron Niall leads the forces of the Children of the Light during the Aiel War. (Guide)
- As the Aiel cross Kinslayer's Dagger heading toward the Spine of the World, Pedron Niall holds his forces instead of attacking. (NS,Ch12)
- Pedron Niall recalls Geofram Bornhald to Amador and orders him to take a legion of Whitecloaks to Almoth Plain. (TGH,Ch5)
- Pedron Niall hears reports from Jaret Byar, Jaichim Carridin and Ordeith. His intent is to spread Whitecloak influence by allowing Rand to run wild, then saving the day. He orders Carridin to keep Rand alive. Ordeith convinces him that Perrin, Rand and Mat are Darkfriends and that there are more in Two Rivers. (TDR,Prologue)
- Niall sends Ordeith with fifty Whitecloaks to the Two Rivers. He sends orders to Eamon Valda at Tar Valon to send half a legion to meet Ordeith. (TSR,Ch1)
- He is conducting secret negotiations, trying to convince Altara and Murandy to cede land to Illian, and thus keeping the Council of Nine from invading one or both. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Pedron Niall claims credit for resolving a dispute between Murandy and Illian. (TFoH,Ch15)
- Niall visits Morgase at the Seranda Palace and tells her that Rand now rules in Caemlyn. In exchange for a one-sided treaty he offers to send Whitecloaks to help her take back Andor. Later, he sends Carridin to Altara to stir up trouble. (LoC,Prologue)
- Niall hears reports from Omerna and Balwer. He plans to bolster his own position by turning the nations against Rand. He receives a frantic message from Varadin in Tanchico. (LoC,Ch9)
- Niall receives another report from Varadin and takes it more seriously. Morgase finally agrees to sign his treaty, but he postpones his move on Andor because he is now worried about Tarabon. (LoC,Ch31)
- He receives another message from Tarabon that it has fallen. Before he can act he is murdered by Omerna. (ACoS,Prologue)
- TGH,Ch44 - Geofram Bornhald orders Byar to take news of the Seanchan, Aes Sedai and Perrin to his son, Dain, and then to Pedron Niall.
- TGH,Ch48 - Jaret Byar sees the Whitecloaks destroyed by the Seanchan and Rand in the sky and knows he must carry the news to Pedron Niall and to Dain Bornhald.
- TSR,Ch1 - Min is worried about the Whitecloaks, but Siuan tells her they would not attack Tar Valon directly without direct orders from Pedron Niall.
- TFoH,Ch9 - In Mardecin, Thom learns that Pedron Niall is recalling Whitecloaks to Amador.
- TFoH,Ch12 - Gareth Bryne and his men note lots of Whitecloaks in Lugard heading west and wonder what Pedron Niall is up to.
- TFoH,Ch16 - Thom learns that Ailron, meaning Niall, intends to take the eastern bank of the River Eldar.
- TFoH,Ch17 - From bits of gossip, Thom concludes that Pedron Niall is trying to unite the nations against Rand.
- TFoH,Ch25 - In Elaida's study, Egwene finds a report that Pedron Niall is recalling Whitecloaks to Amadicia.
- TFoH,Ch27 - The five great captains of the Westlands are Agelmar Jagad, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Pedron Niall and Rodel Ituralde.
- TFoH,Ch49 - In Elaida's study, Nynaeve and Elayne see a report that Pedron Niall is still recalling Whitecloaks to Amadicia.
- LoC,Prologue - When Eamon Valda and most of the Whitecloaks leave Tar Valon, Gawyn wonders what Pedron Niall is up to.
- LoC,Ch26 - Rand thinks the Whitecloaks that ambushed him were sent by Pedron Niall. He sends Dimir Faral back to Niall with a message that Rand intends to hang him.
- LoC,Ch28 - Fain thinks he has the Whitecloaks and the White Tower set against Rand as he has touched Pedron Niall and Elaida.
- LoC,Ch29 - Thom and Juilin report that Niall is still consolidating the Whitecloaks in Amador. King Ailron is also calling in his soldiers.
- LoC,Ch31 - Eamon Valda is furious with Niall for recalling him to Amador instead of sending him to Tear to fight Rand.
- LoC,Ch31 - Eamon Valda and Rhadam Asunawa begin plotting against Niall.
- LoC,Ch48 - Queen Tylin must accept Carridin and the Whitecloak embassy in Ebou Dar because Pedron Niall could invade Altara any time he wants.
- ACoS,Ch15 - Pedron Niall ordered Jaichim Carridin to cause turmoil in Altara and Murandy so the Whitecloaks could come in and save the day. He also ordered him to kidnap Elayne.
- ACoS,Ch21 - News of his death has not yet reached Ebou Dar.
- ACoS,Ch30 - Carridin sends a letter to Elayne via Tylin telling her that Morgase is alive and with Pedron Niall and offering to take her to Amador. Elayne thinks it is a lie and is furious.
- CoT,Ch23 � Cadsuane notes that the Seanchan are like the five great captains. When they lose a battle, they figure out what went wrong and adapt.
- KoD,Prologue � As Lord Captain Commander Eamon Valda adopts a much gaudier style than Pedron Niall ever wore.
- KoD,Ch26 � There is a rumor that Pedron Niall was killed by the Seanchan while defending Amador.
- TGS,Ch20 � Consoling Mat on his marriage, Talmanes says that at least two of the great captains, Rodel Ituralde and Davram Bashere, are also married. Gareth Bryne is not. It is not clear if Agelmar Jagad or Pedron Niall were.
- ToM,Ch6 � Morgase recalls that Niall told her that Gaebril is dead.
- ToM,Ch7 � Byar tells Galad that Pedron Niall sent them to the Two Rivers to fight Trollocs.
- ToM,Ch29 � Morgase and Galad discuss her imprisonment by Valda. She is certain he was behind the death of Niall.
- ToM,Ch45 � Morgase tells Elayne about being held by the Whitecloaks. Niall was a gentleman but Valda was not.