Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: rah-FEHL-ah sin-DAHL
An Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah. She is associated with the Salidar Aes Sedai. Her Warder is Mahiro Shukosa. She is Tairen.
She is slim, dark and pretty. She does not yet look ageless. (NS,Ch11) She is round-faced. (LoC,Ch43) She is plump and very dark. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Rafela is raised to the shawl a year before Leane. (NS,Ch11)
- In the raising ceremony for Moiraine and Siuan, Rafela Cindal and Leane Sharif give them their shawls as they are the newest Blue Ajah sisters. (NS,Ch11)
- Rafela and the rest of the Blue Ajah sisters welcome Moiraine and Siuan to the Blue Ajah quarters. (NS,Ch12)
- Rafela and the other sisters instruct Moiraine and Siuan on Aes Sedai and Blue Ajah customs. (NS,Ch14)
- The Salidar Aes Sedai send Merana Ambrey, Kairen Stang, Rafela Cindal, Seonid Traighan, Faeldrin Harella, Demira Eriff, Berenicia Morsad, Masuri Sokawa and Valinde Nathenos to Caemlyn as an embassy to Rand. (LoC,Prologue)
- The Salidar Aes Sedai embassy arrives in Caemlyn and Merana gets them rooms in The Crown of Roses. (LoC,Ch41)
- Rafela meets with Lord Luan. They agree that Andor will be better off if Rand leaves it in peace and unity. (LoC,Ch43)
- Merana, Demira, Faeldrin, Masuri, Rafela, Seonid and Valinde pay an unexpected call on Rand and demand that he lift the restrictions on them. He refuses and they leave in a huff. (LoC,Ch49)
- After they receive Rand's letter saying he is leaving, Bera and Kiruna take over. They decide to follow Rand to Cairhien with Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin. (LoC,Ch49)
- They join with the Two Rivers men and Alanna leads them north toward Rand. (LoC,Ch54)
- They meet up with Perrin and join his forces. (LoC,Ch54)
- Bera, Kiruna, Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin participate in the battle at Dumai's Wells. Afterwards, they are forced to swear fealty to Rand. (LoC,Ch55)
- Rafela accompanies Rand as part of his entourage to the Sea Folk ship. Rand takes Min, Merana, Rafela and Dashiva to the Wavemistress' cabin for discussions. He leaves Merana and Rafela to negotiate. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Merana and Rafela have sent notes to Rand but they are still on the Sea Folk ship negotiating. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Merana and Rafela report to Rand that they have made a Bargain with the Sea Folk. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Rand sends Alanna back to Cairhien with orders for Merana, Rafela, Bera and Faeldrin to go to Haddon Mirk to negotiate with the rebels there. (WH,Ch25)
- Alanna Travels from Far Madding to Cairhien. She picks up Merana, Rafela, Bera and Faeldrin and Travels to Tear. (WH,Ch32)
- Merana and Rafela negotiate a settlement with Estanda, Hearne, Simaan and Tedosian that makes Darlin Sisnera King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- Bera, Rafela and Sarene report to Cadsuane that Alanna disappeared from the Stone of Tear. There was not enough channeling for a gateway. (ToM,Ch12)
- NS,Ch11 � Rafela is a stickler for rules.
- NS,Ch11 � Leane is stronger than Rafela.
- LoC,Ch41 - Rafela is Tairen. She looks favorably on Rand for making Aes Sedai more acceptable in her homeland.
- ACoS,Ch19 - When Cadsuane interviews Merana, Merana wishes some of the other sisters in her party such as Rafela were there to share the heat.
- ACoS,Ch34 - Min has a viewing of Alanna, Bera, Faeldrin, Merana and Rafela in Rand's hand. They are his.
- ACoS,Ch34 - Rafela heard reports about Min several years ago.
- WH,Ch13 - Dobraine complains about the difficulty of meeting the agreement that Merana and Rafela made with the Sea Folk.
- CoT,Ch23 � In Tear, Verin sees Alanna and Rafela, but avoids them per Cadsuane's instructions.