Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Lord Gaebril, Ared Mosinel
One of the Forsaken. His real name was Ared Mosinel. (Guide)
He is Rand's height or more and larger. He is dark and very handsome. He is youthful except for the white streaks at his temples. (TDR,Ch46) He has nearly black eyes. (TDR,Ch47)
Rahvin in the Age of Legends|
- by Dabel Brothers Production
Rahvin 998 NE
- The thirteen Forsaken meet with the Great Lord in the Pit of Doom. Lews Therin and his companions seal the Bore, trapping the Forsaken for over three thousand years.
- After being freed from the Bore, Rahvin goes off on his own rather than collaborating with other Chosen. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Over the winter, Rahvin sets up shop in Caemlyn, establishing himself as Lord Gaebril from far west Andor. (TDR,Ch47)
- Ishamael meets with Be'lal and Rahvin in a place resembling the Ways. They argue violently. (TDR,Ch4)
- Comar tells Rahvin that one of the girls headed to Tear is Elayne. Rahvin is worried that Be'lal will put her to some use that will impede his own plans, so he orders Comar to kill her. (TDR,Ch46)
- Gaebril fires Henre Haslin, Master of the Sword for the Queen's Guard, because he is loyal to Morgase. (LoC,Ch11)
- Javindhra sends a young Aes Sedai to the Royal Palace, but someone from the White Tower warns Rahvin so he uses her for his own purposes. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Rahvin, Lanfear, Sammael, and Graendal meet in Rahvin's quarters in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. Lanfear proposes that the four of them work together to control Rand. Rahvin thinks this is fine as long as it does not interfere with his own plans. (TFoH,Prologue)
- Gaebril meets Alteima while she is talking with Morgase and takes a fancy to her. She tells him what she knows of Rand. (TFoH,Ch1)
- Demandred, Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin, Sammael and Semirhage all stalk each other in Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch14)
- Gaebril fills the Royal Palace court with Morgase' enemies and the Queen's Guard with his own men. He keeps a harem of Morgase, Alteima and six other women. (TFoH,Ch19)
- Graendal, Rahvin, Sammael, and Lanfear plan to trap Rand. Sammael waffles because he is to be the bait while the other three wait linked. (TFoH,Ch34)
- After Morgase' disappearance, Lord Gaebril declares himself King of Andor. (TFoH,Ch51)
- As soon as Rand and company arrive in Caemlyn Rahvin attacks with lightning killing Aviendha, Mat and Asmodean. When Rand Travels to his throne room he starts up in surprise and runs. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Rahvin tries to balefire Rand, then runs to Tel'aran'rhiod. He gets the upper hand trapping Rand, but Nynaeve flash fries him. Rand then balefires him. (TFoH,Ch55)
- TDR,Ch6 - First mention of Rahvin as one of the Forsaken.
- TDR,Ch45 - Basel Gill tells Mat and Thom that Morgase has a new advisor, Lord Gaebril.
- TDR,Ch46 - Mat overhears Lord Gaebril's order to kill Elayne.
- TDR,Ch47 - Mat tells Thom and Basel Gill about Gaebril.
- TSR,Ch6 - Mat tells Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve about Morgase mooning over Lord Gaebril but Elayne does not believe it.
- TSR,Ch9 - Lanfear warns Rand that Sammael, Rahvin and Moghedien fear him too much to wait.
- TSR,Ch39 - Hearing that Thom was also Morgase' lover, Elayne is upset that her mother has bedded so many men including Gareth Bryne and Lord Gaebril.
- TSR,Ch46 - Moghedien evidently dislikes Rahvin. She thinks she would like to see his face when he meets Nynaeve unblocked.
- TSR,Ch54 - Furious with Nynaeve for ruining her plans, Moghedien tells her she will give her to Rahvin as a toy. She tells her that Rahvin already has a pretty little queen.
- TSR,Ch57 - Lanfear tells Rand that Asmodean is his only option as a teacher. Demandred, Rahvin or Sammael would kill him.
- TSR,Ch58 - Lanfear warns Rand to use Asmodean wisely. Demandred with his hatred, Rahvin with his lust for power or Sammael with his envy will come after him if they learn he has the control statue.
- TFoH,Prologue - Elaida and her Council discuss Morgase. She is too busy with Lord Gaebril to concern herself with Elayne and Galad.
- TFoH,Prologue - Unlike some of the other Forsaken, Rahvin is careful and meticulous. He prefers diplomacy and manipulation to open conflict.
- TFoH,Ch3 - Asmodean tells Rand that Rahvin has a queen for a pet.
- TFoH,Ch6 - Asmodean tells Rand that Rahvin looks to his own interests. He would sit on the sideline even in the Last Battle.
- TFoH,Ch6 - Lanfear tells Rand that Rahvin sent the Darkhounds. He is in Caemlyn and Rand is interfering with his plans for Andor and Cairhien.
- TFoH,Ch12 - Gareth Bryne hears that Gaebril replaced most of the Queen's Guard in Caemlyn with his own men.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Mat tells Rand that Gaebril killed Morgase.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Rand hears a small voice telling him that Rahvin likes to attack from behind or at the flanks.
- TFoH,Ch52 - Rand meets with the clan chiefs and the Wise Ones late into the night planning his attack on Rahvin.
- TFoH,Ch53 - Rand tells Sulin that their target is Rahvin. The Aiel society leaders were very tight lipped and only told her that it was one of the Forsaken.
- TFoH,Ch54 - Moghedien tells Nynaeve that Graendal, Lanfear, Rahvin and Sammael are plotting against Rand. They will draw him to Sammael and the others will be waiting. At least Rahvin and Graendal will. She thinks Lanfear has other plans. She then says the Rand is coming after Rahvin this morning, but Rahvin has the city of Caemlyn warded.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Rand tells Bashere that Gaebril and Morgase are dead. He is holding the throne of Andor for Elayne.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Asmodean is glad that Lanfear and Rahvin are dead, Lanfear especially for what she did to him.
- TFoH,Ch56 - Morgase thinks she will deal with Gaebril or any man who tries to take her throne.
- LoC,Prologue - Demandred tells the Great Lord that Rahvin died yesterday. The Great Lord already knows.
- LoC,Prologue - Niall tells Morgase that Gaebril is dead and Rand now rules in Caemlyn.
- LoC,Prologue - Shaidar Haran tells Osan'gar and Aran'gar that they should be grateful. They could be like Rahvin whose soul is beyond saving.
- LoC,Ch1 - Rand and Bashere mention the Forsaken, which unsettles the Andoran nobles since Lord Gaebril was Rahvin.
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal enumerates the dead Forsaken including Rahvin.
- LoC,Ch9 - Morgase hears that the nobles flocking to Rand in Caemlyn are the same ones who were Gaebril's toadies.
- LoC,Ch23 - Graendal has no intention of facing Rand directly after he was able to take out Ishamael and Rahvin.
- LoC,Ch28 - Many of the nobles who opposed Lord Gaebril begin returning to Caemlyn.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Many of Lord Gaebril's White Lions are now working as mercenaries for Toram Riatin.
- WH,Ch8 - Elayne thinks that Halwin Norry kept Caemlyn running almost single-handed since Rahvin took over.
- KoD,Ch3 � Moridin has eleven chairs at the Forsaken meeting. Aran'gar does not understand why because Asmodean, Be'lal, Rahvin and Sammael are dead.
- KoD,Ch13 � Elayne believes that Rahvin killed Morgase and Lini.
- KoD,Ch14 � There are many new servants in the Royal Palace since so many fled under the rule of Lord Gaebril.
- KoD,Ch17 � Ellorien is still furious because Morgase, under Rahvin's influence, had her flogged.
- KoD,Ch24 � Egwene tells Mattin Stepaneos that Rahvin was the one who killed Morgase, not Rand.
- TGS,Ch24 � Gareth Bryne tries to explain that the problems in Caemlyn were caused by Morgase in her thrall to Gaebril, but Gawyn refuses to listen.
- TGS,Ch31 � Naeff was a member of the Queen's Guard in Caemlyn until he left in disgust after Lord Gaebril took over.
- TGS,Ch37 � Rand says Graendal cannot be goaded like Sammael or Rahvin.
- ToM,Ch6 - Gaebril, then Valda, taught Morgase that her station in life can change. She learned from Niall that Gaebril is dead.
- ToM,Ch21 - Morgase is stunned to learn that �Lord Gaebril� was actually Rahvin. She thinks how she was used by men like Taringail and Valda.
- ToM,Ch23 � Elayne hopes that Ellorien will believe the truth behind Gaebril and forgive Morgase.
- ToM,Ch44 � Morgase learned from Taringail that marriage is dangerous so she never made Thom or Bryne her official consort. Gaebril reinforced the danger.
- ToM,Ch45 � Morgase and Elayne about how to make reparations to those she harmed under Rahvin�s influence.
- ToM,Ch57 - Mat tells Moiraine about Rahvin. She reminds him that she already knew.