Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A general of Arad Doman. One of the five great captains of the land.
He is very short. He wears a neatly trimmed mustache. (CoT,Prologue)
- Lord Shimron and Rodel Ituralde fight the Aiel together at Tar Valon at the end of the Aiel War. (CoT,Prologue, TGS,Prologue)
- Ituralde pays a call on Lady Basene at her palace in Arad Doman. (LoC,Ch6)
- Rodel Ituralde meets with the leaders of the Dragonsworn and Taraboners in Arad Doman to convince them to drive the Seanchan out of Almoth Plain. He has another agenda as well. (CoT,Prologue)
- Rodel Ituralde and his forces attack dozens of Seanchan outposts in Tarabon then retreat toward Almoth Plain. (KoD,Prologue)
- General Turan follows Ituralde to Arad Doman. An army comes out of the mountains to join Ituralde, then another, larger army comes out of the mountains behind Turan's army. (KoD,Epilogue)
- Ituralde prepares his defense against the superior Seanchan army at the town of Darluna in southern Arad Doman. (TGS,Prologue)
- Ituralde�s trap succeeds and he crushes the Seanchan army against the walls of Darluna. He talks with General Turan before executing him. (TGS,Ch6)
- When he is trapped in a stedding by the new Seanchan general, Ituralde receives an unexpected visit from the Dragon Reborn. Ituralde agrees to join with Rand and go to Saldaea to secure the Blight border in exchange for Rand enforcing peace with the Seanchan. (TGS,Ch10)
- Rand rides near the Blight with Bashere and Ituralde. They report that the Blight is slowly moving south and Shadowspawn are massing. (TGS,Ch22)
- Ituralde has skirmishes with Shadowspawn in the Blight. (TGS,Ch42)
- Ituralde has more skirmishes with the massing Trollocs in the Blight. (TGS,Ch44)
- Ituralde and his army defend the outpost and ford at the Arinelle. The Saldaeans will not let them into Maradon. (ToM,Ch18)
- Ituralde�s army is almost overrun when Yoeli leads a force of Saldaeans to bring them into the city. (ToM,Ch21)
- Ituralde and Yoeli confront Queen Tenobia�s steward, Vram Torkumen and accuse him of being a Darkfriend. (ToM,Ch24)
- Dreadlords blast a hole in the city wall and Ituralde and Yoeli desperately defend the city. (ToM,Ch28)
- Rand arrives with Bashere and his soldiers and Rand destroys the Shadowspawn army. They return to Tear and learn that Cadsuane found King Alsalam. (ToM,Ch32)
- TFoH,Ch27 - The five great captains of the Westlands are Agelmar Jagad, Davram Bashere, Gareth Bryne, Pedron Niall and Rodel Ituralde of Arad Doman.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Graendal sends Nazran, under mild Compulsion, to Lord Rodel Ituralde with a forged letter from King Alsalam. He is to say that Lady Tuva gave it to him after being mortally wounded by a Gray Man.
- CoT,Ch18 � In the east there are confusing rumors about King Alsalam, Rodel Ituralde and Arad Doman.
- CoT,Ch23 � Cadsuane notes that the Seanchan are like the five great captains. When they lose a battle, they figure out what went wrong and adapt.
- KoD,Prologue � High Lady Suroth sends a huge force to Tarabon to track down and kill Ituralde.
- KoD,Epilogue � Banner-General Yamada reports to Captain-General Galgan that Turan and his army fell into a trap that Ituralde laid for him in Arad Doman.
- TGS,Ch1 � Rand thinks Ituralde has been very effective fighting the Seanchan.
- TGS,Ch7 � In planning for Arad Doman, Rand says he will personally deal with Rodel Ituralde.
- TGS,Ch20 � Consoling Mat on his marriage, Talmanes says that at least two of the great captains, Rodel Ituralde and Davram Bashere, are also married. Gareth Bryne is not. It is not clear if Agelmar Jagad or Pedron Niall were.
- TGS,Ch44 � Rand does not care if Ituralde stays at his post or not. Good if he does. If he returns to Arad Doman he will help keep the Seanchan from Rand�s back.