Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah. She was a Sitter for almost eighty years before she resigned to go into retreat. She also serves as First Weaver of the Yellow Ajah. She joined with the Salidar Aes Sedai and was reelected Sitter and First Weaver.
She has a high soprano voice and wears her gray streaked hair in a bun. She is solidly handsome with dark eyes. (LoC,Ch15) She has white hair. (LoC,Ch35)
- Romanda Cassin grows up in Far Madding. (KoD,Ch23)
- Circa 895 NE Romanda is elected Sitter for the Yellow Ajah, a post she will hold for almost eighty years.
- In 973 NE Romanda resigns her position as Sitter and goes into retirement when Tamra Ospenya is elected to the Amyrlin Seat. She also resigns her position as First Weaver. (ACoS,Ch12, TPoD,Ch19, KoD,Ch23)
- A short time later, Romanda's serving lady Aelmara helps her escape Far Madding after a "slight misunderstanding". (KoD,Ch23)
- Romanda joins the Salidar Aes Sedai and is elected as a Sitter for the Yellow Ajah. She is also elected First Weaver. (LoC,Ch15, KoD,Ch23)
- When Tarna Feir leaves Salidar, Romanda makes a speech that actually says nothing. (LoC,Ch15)
- Romanda interviews Adeleas and Vandene in the Little Tower when they arrive in Salidar. (LoC,Ch29)
- After Nynaeve Heals Logain, Sheriam, Romanda, Myrelle, Morvrin, Takima, Lelaine, Janya, Delana, Bharatine, Beonin, Varilin and Nisao all pile into the small room to see what happened. (LoC,Ch30)
- On the second vote for Egwene to be Amyrlin, Lelaine and Romanda are the last to stand. (LoC,Ch35)
- Sheriam, Romanda and Lelaine are furious when Egwene raises Accepted to Aes Sedai on her own. (LoC,Ch36)
- After Egwene is raised to the Amyrlin Seat, Romanda meets with Varilin, Saroiya and Magla Daronos to discuss how to maintain their position. (LoC,Ch37)
- Egwene's plotting works. Lelaine and Romanda agree that they must begin moving to get away from Talmanes and the Band of the Red Hand. (LoC,Ch44)
- Carlinya, Sheriam, Lelaine and Romanda want Logain gentled again. Delana wants him killed. (LoC,Ch52)
- Romanda and Lelaine battle with Sheriam for control of Egwene. They suggest reducing soldiers' pay. Romanda gets Egwene a new maid, Meri. (ACoS,Ch8)
- She and Varilin confront Egwene at the same time that Lelaine and Takima do. She demands that all sisters submit to the question about the Black Ajah. (ACoS,Ch11)
- Egwene receives a note from her demanding again that all sisters be questioned about the Black Ajah. (ACoS,Ch12)
- After the meeting of the Hall, Romanda leaves accompanied by her followers, Magla, Saroiya and Varilin. Romanda returns when she learns of the meeting with the Andorans and Murandians and orders Egwene to let her do the talking. (TPoD,Ch16)
- Lelaine, Romanda and Janya provide fine clothes and jewels so Egwene will look like an Amyrlin for the meeting with the Andorans. (TPoD,Ch17)
- After the meeting with the Andorans and Murandians, Romanda is furious that Egwene disobeyed her. (TPoD,Ch18)
- At the War Vote Magla, Saroiya and Varilin follow Romanda's lead and remain seated voting NO. (TPoD,Ch19)
- Lelaine and Romanda now spend more time fighting with each other than nitpicking Egwene. (TPoD,Ch30)
- The Sitters meet to hear the report on Shadar Logoth. Romanda and Salita arrive early and claim seats in the front. Romanda is one of the last to stand and vote YES on an alliance with the Black Tower. (CoT,Ch19)
- Kwamesa, Escaralde, Berana and Romanda each insist that their own Ajah lead the embassy to the Black Tower. Romanda and Lelaine continue to argue even after the meeting is over. (CoT,Ch20)
- Egwene outlines her proposal for the Kin to Myrelle, Maigan and Romanda who are shocked. (CoT,Ch30)
- Lelaine calls an emergency meeting of the Hall. Aledrin, Delana, Escaralde, Faiselle, Janya, Lyrelle, Kwamesa, Malind, Moria, Romanda, Salita, Samalin and Saroiya attend. Merise and Jahar Narishma make an offer for them to bond forty-seven Asha'man. The Hall votes to accept the offer with Faiselle and Saroiya adamantly opposed. (KoD,Ch23)
- Lelaine and Romanda continue to jockey for position but Lelaine now seems to have an edge. (TGS,Ch8)
- Lelaine learns from Ashmanaille that Elaida has Traveling and lets the information spread to weaken Egwene�s position. She and Romanda would both like to put an end to Egwene�s open door policy for novices. (TGS,Ch18)
- Lelaine, Romanda, Magla, Sheriam and Siuan question Shemerin in Romanda�s tent. They are shocked at Elaida�s audacity. Shemerin tells them about the waterway into Tar Valon. (TGS,Ch26)
- Gawyn argues with Lelaine and Romanda about rescuing Egwene but they stonewall him. (TGS,Ch30)
- The rebel Hall meets for the first time since Egwene�s return. The Sitters include Berana, Kwamesa, Lelaine, Romanda, Takima and Varilin. Egwene exposes Sheriam and Moria as Black Ajah and the others retake the Oaths on prove themselves. Egwene announces a full purge of the Black Ajah and an assault on the White Tower. (TGS,Ch43)
- Now that Egwene is back in charge and needs a new Keeper of the Chronicles, Lelaine and Romanda curry favor. Lelaine reports that the army is ready and that the Dream ter'angreal are gone. Romanda reports that there has been no word from the Black Tower embassy. (TGS,Ch45)
- Lelaine and Romanda revert to their old ways and Egwene has stiff opposition from them. (TGS,Epilogue)
- Barasine, Lelaine, Romanda, Rubinde, Saerin Seaine and Yukiri judge Nynaeve's test for the shawl. Egwene also participates. Romanda, Saerin, Seaine and Yukiri vote yes. (ToM,Ch20)
- Egwene interrupts a partial meeting of the Hall. Saerin and Janya arrive late, Doesine and Yukiri even later. She coerces them into accepting command of the military but ceding her all negotiations with rulers including the Dragon Reborn. She also forces them to accept much stricter rules to reduce subterfuge. (ToM,Ch27)
- LoC,Ch15 - Romanda is the eldest of the Sitters in Salidar.
- LoC,Ch15 - Romanda does not like Sheriam's group thinking they have too much influence on the Sitters.
- LoC,Ch30 - Delana agrees to help Siuan play Romanda against Janya and Lelaine with the goal of having Sheriam let Siuan join in their meeting with the Wise Ones in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- LoC,Ch34 - When Egwene arrives, Siuan warns Sheriam and the other Salidar Aes Sedai leaders that they better do the job right or Romanda, Delana, Faiselle and the rest of the Sitters will have their heads.
- LoC,Ch35 - Romanda is the eldest of the Salidar Sitters. Lelaine and Janya are next.
- LoC,Ch39 - Sheriam is worried that Lelaine and Romanda will use news of Mat's army to undermine her.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida wants her stilled as punishment and an example.
- ACoS,Ch9 - She and Lelaine are the strongest Salidar Aes Sedai after Egwene, as strong as Siuan used to be.
- ACoS,Ch11 - She and Lelaine both offered protection to Theodrin and Faolain.
- ACoS,Ch23 - Garenia is a very strong channeler, as strong as Lelaine or Romanda.
- ACoS,Ch32 - Elaida dreams about Romanda being humbled and stilled.
- TPoD,Ch2 - The young Windfinder Rainyn is as strong a channeler as Romanda.
- TPoD,Ch16 - Of eleven Sitters newly chosen in Salidar, only Romanda and Moria are over seventy.
- CoT,Ch16 � The Sitters who support negotiation are divided in their loyalty between Romanda and Lelaine.
- CoT,Ch19 � Romanda was a Sitter for almost eighty years before she retired.
- KoD,Prologue � Egwene wonders whether Lelaine or Romanda will be raised after her.
- KoD,Ch1 � Lelaine asks Siuan to back her against Romanda if anything happens to Egwene.
- KoD,Ch2 � Beonin reports to Elaida that Lelaine and Romanda are struggling for power.
- TGS,Ch25 � Sheriam silently thanks Romanda for exposing Halima and Delana and ending her torment.
- TGS,Ch38 � Siuan informs Egwene that Gawyn is in the rebel camp and is meeting with Lelaine and Romanda.
- TGS,Ch39 � Egwene is mildly disappointed that neither Lelaine nor Romanda is on Verin�s list of Black Ajah.