Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Ebou Dari woman who is innkeeper of The Wandering Woman. She is married to Jasfer Anan. She has three daughters, Marah the eldest and Frielle in the middle. Her youngest son is Ross.
She is pretty, buxom, and has gray hair. She has an air of control. (ACoS,Ch17) She has hazel eyes. (ACoS,Ch23) She is stately and hazel-eyed with a little gray in her hair. (WH,Ch18)
- As Martine Janata, she knows a novice Zarya Alkaese in the White Tower seventy years ago. (ACoS,Ch23)
- After she is stilled, Martine Janata makes her way to Ebou Dar. Jasfer Anan finds her on the streets near starvation and takes her home. She starts a new life as Setalle Anan.
- The Kin save her life at her first childbirth over twenty years ago. (ACoS,Ch24)
- Setalle welcomes Mat, Nalesean and their men to The Wandering Woman. (LoC,Ch47)
- Setalle oversees the common room where Mat and his men are gambling. She talks with a pretty young woman wearing a red belt. (LoC,Ch52)
- Setalle is at The Wandering Woman when Mat returns from the Tarasin Palace. (ACoS,Ch17)
- She thinks Elayne and Nynaeve are pretending to be Aes Sedai. She offers to take them to some women who can help them because she likes Mat. (ACoS,Ch22)
- She takes Elayne and Nynaeve to Reanne Corly and the Kin. Setalle says Garenia looks just like Zarya Alkaese. Garenia claims that's her great aunt who left home to become Aes Sedai. When Setalle saw Zarya she was younger than Garenia is now. Setalle leaves. (ACoS,Ch23)
- Setalle begins planning to leave Ebou Dar two days after the Seanchan invade. (WH,Ch29)
- Setalle greets Mat and agrees to hide his clothes and gold for him. (WH,Ch18)
- Setalle finds Joline and brings her to The Wandering Woman while Mat is there. (WH,Ch19)
- Setalle sells The Wandering Woman to Lydel Elonid so she and her entire family can leave Ebou Dar. (WH,Ch29)
- Mat brings an a'dam and Setalle Anan tries using it on Joline. It does not work. Fen and Blaeric are suspicious of the plan. (WH,Ch29)
- Egeanin brings Setalle, Joline, Fen and Blaeric with her to the Tarasin Palace to join Mat and the others. (WH,Ch30)
- Setalle accompanies Mat and the others when they leave Ebou Dar and hide out in Valan Luca's circus. (CoT,Ch1)
- Setalle stays in the wagon with Selucia and Tuon and seems to side with them against Mat. (CoT,Ch3)
- Setalle continues to take Tuon's side against Mat. (CoT,Ch28)
- When Joline tries to leave the wagon to see the Seanchan, Bethamin and Seta try to stop her so Edesina binds them with Air. Bethamin channels a shower of sparks and Joline begins slapping her. Mat enters and paddles Joline. Edesina, Teslyn and Setalle are shocked when weaves do not touch him. (KoD,Ch7)
- Setalle asks Mat about the foxhead medallion and admits she was once Aes Sedai. (KoD,Ch9)
- Setalle tells Mat about how Tuon was trained in leadership and intrigue from birth. (KoD,Ch10)
- Tuon visits with Setalle while she waits for Mat. (KoD,Ch11)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat and Tuon after they leave the circus and head cross country. (KoD,Ch25)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat as he rejoins Talmanes and the Band of the Red Hand. (KoD,Ch26)
- Setalle Anan often involves herself with Mat's conversations with Tuon and she always seems to side with Tuon. (KoD,Ch27)
- When Furyk Karede arrives at Mat's camp he recognizes Setalle Anan from The Wandering Woman. (KoD,Ch36)
- As Mat prepares for the Seanchan attack, Noal, Olver, Juilin, Amathera, Thom and Setalle stay with the pack animals. (KoD,Ch37)
- Unlike many of his traveling companions, Setalle plans to stay with Mat. She agrees to look after Olver while Mat and Thom are gone. (ToM,Ch17)
- Lussin and Edder accompany Setalle Anan and Olver to accommodations in Caemlyn. (ToM,Ch19)
- After defeating the gholam, Mat and Talmanes collect Setalle and Olver from their inn and return to camp. (ToM,Ch31)
- Mat and Setalle talk about life and boots for a while. (ToM,Ch52)
- Setalle works on teaching manners to Olver. (ToM,Epilogue)
- ACoS,Ch14 - Mat is worried about Olver getting hurt. If that happens Mat will catch it from Mistress Anan, Elayne, Nynaeve, Birgitte and Aviendha. They are all very protective of Olver.
- ACoS,Ch22 - She knows way too much about Aes Sedai: channeling, penance, slowing, the history of the White Tower.
- ACoS,Ch23 - When Setalle leaves Garenia says, "That was Setalle Anan? How did she-? Light of Heaven! Even after seventy years, the Tower would-" Something happened with Setalle seventy years ago?
- ACoS,Ch24 - Garenia is upset that Setalle knows about the Kin. Reanne tells her that Setalle learned of Kin over twenty years ago accidentally when the Kin saved her life at her first childbirth.
- ACoS,Ch28 - When Mat gets ready to move out of The Wandering Woman Setalle is out so he settles his bill with Enid.
- WH,Ch29 - Joline thinks that Setalle's voice is familiar.
- TGS,Ch19 � Tuon silently thanks Mistress Anan for giving her the insight that she must adapt to her new people as well as requiring them to adapt to Seanchan ways.
- TGS,Ch20 � When Joline and Edesina demand horses from Mat, they also want horses for Bethamin, Seta and Setalle.
- AMoL,Ch11 � Mat wants a comfortable inn when he returns to Ebou Dar, but Setalle�s is under new ownership now.