Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Taringail of House Damodred
Pronunciation: TAH-rihn-gail DAH-moh-drehd
Son of Dalresin Damodred, nephew of Laman Damodred and half-brother of Moiraine Damodred. He married Tigraine and had a son, Galad. After Tigraine's disappearance and Mordrellen's death, he married Morgase Trakand and fathered Gawyn and Elayne. He was assassinated in 984 NE. His sign was a golden double-bitted battleaxe.
His is tall and handsome and his hair has a slight wave to it. (TGS,Ch30)
- Circa 970 NE Taringail Damodred marries Tigraine, the Daughter-Heir of Andor, and fathers a son Galad. (TEotW,Ch34)
- After the disappearance of Tigraine and the Succession, Morgase marries Taringail to solidify her claim on the throne. She has two children by him, Gawyn and Elayne. (TEotW,Ch34)
- Taringail warns his young son Gawyn against pretty women and Aes Sedai. (TGS,Ch30)
- Taringail plots to become the first king of Andor. Thom Merrilin learns of the plot and Taringail dies in a "hunting accident". (TSR,Ch17, TFoH,Ch19)
- NS,Ch6 � Following the death of King Laman, Taringail is not eligible for the Sun Throne as he is already married to the Queen of Andor.
- NS,Ch6 - Moiraine is Taringail's half-sister.
- TEotW,Ch34 - Almen Bunt tells Rand and Mat about Taringail.
- TDR,Ch46 - Gaebril encourages Morgase to use her marriage to Taringail Damodred to claim the Sun Throne.
- TSR,Ch17 - Moiraine was Taringail's youngest half-sister.
- TFoH,Ch9 - When Nynaeve hassles Elayne about the way she treats Thom, she angrily retorts that her father was Taringail Damodred.
- TFoH,Ch16 - Elayne tells Nynaeve that Thom was Morgase' lover after her father died.
- TFoH,Ch19 - Recalling the men in her past, Morgase thinks she married Taringail only because of his previous marriage to Tigraine.
- LoC,Ch16 - Lady Dyelin tells Rand the story of Tigraine disappearing leaving behind her husband, Taringail, and her infant son, Galad. Rand realizes this as the story of Shaiel, his true mother.
- WH,Ch9 - Elayne intends to claim the Sun Throne by right as the daughter of Taringail Damodred.
- TGS,Ch30 � At the rebel Aes Sedai camp, Gawyn remembers his father's warning against pretty women and Aes Sedai.
- ToM,Ch21 - Morgase is stunned to learn that �Lord Gaebril� was actually Rahvin. She thinks how she was used by men like Taringail and Valda.
- ToM,Ch44 � Morgase learned from Taringail that marriage is dangerous so she never made Thom or Bryne her official consort. Gaebril reinforced the danger.