Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Queen Tylin Quintara of House Mitsobar
Pronunciation: TIE-lihn quin-TAHR-ah; MIHT-soh-bahr
Queen of Altara although, in truth, her power extends only a ways beyond Ebou Dar. She resides in the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar. Her formal title is Queen Tylin - by the Grace of the Light, Queen of Altara, Mistress of the Four Winds, Guardian of the Sea of Storms, High Seat of House Mitsobar. She had four sons and a daughter, but three of her sons were killed in duels. Her surviving son is Beslan.
She is no taller than Nynaeve, but she has a regal bearing. She has glossy black hair with some gray at the temples. She has two scars on her cheeks. (LoC,Ch48) She is not young and has some gray, but she is handsome with large dark eyes. (ACoS,Ch16)
Tylin Quintara by Richard Boyé
- Danelle reports to Elaida that Mattin Stepaneos has agreed while Roedran, Tylin and Alliandre are still considering. (LoC,Ch7)
- Tylin greets Elayne and Nynaeve, welcoming them to the Tarasin Palace. Elayne scores points by apologizing for the inconvenience of the Salidar Aes Sedai army. The exchange news and Elayne tells her of their search for the Bowl of the Winds. (LoC,Ch48)
- Tylin continues to be a cordial host to the Aes Sedai. (LoC,Ch52)
- Tylin summons Mat to her quarters. He tells her that Carridin is a Darkfriend. She starts to make a pass at him. She introduces him to her son Beslan and arranges for them to spend time together. (ACoS,Ch16)
- The first day Mat moves into the Tarasin Palace Tylin accosts Mat and starts to undress him. Thom and Juilin interrupt them allowing Mat to escape. (ACoS,Ch28)
- Tylin finally traps Mat and forces him into bed. (ACoS,Ch29)
- Tylin gives Nynaeve an exquisite necklace, a gift for bringing Mat to her! (ACoS,Ch31)
- Tylin sends Mat a bowl of raw oysters and a note telling him that she is moving him into her apartments and asking about the Daughter of the Nine Moons. (ACoS,Ch37)
- Tylin is present when Mat, the Aes Sedai and the Kin meet with the Sea Folk Windfinders. She kisses Mat goodbye. (ACoS,Ch39)
- While Mat is laid up with his broken leg and ribs, Tylin gets rid of his old clothes and orders new, prissy clothes for him. (WH,Ch15)
- Suroth and Tuon visit Queen Tylin accompanied by Anath and Selucia. Mat barges in on them and Tuon inspects him thoroughly before they leave. As they leave, Mat tells Tylin about the gholam. (WH,Ch17)
- Tuon, Suroth, Anath and Selucia spend a lot of time with Queen Tylin. (WH,Ch18)
- At Tuon's suggestion, Suroth takes Tylin on a tour of Altara via to'raken. (WH,Ch28)
- Tylin returns to Ebou Dar early and catches Mat leaving. She bids Mat farewell then he ties her up so she will not be implicated. (WH,Ch31)
- That evening while she is still tied up, Tylin is brutally murdered, her head torn off. (CoT,Ch3)
- LoC,Ch7 - Tylin is Queen of Altara.
- LoC,Ch36 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene that Merilille will never find the Bowl as she is too busy negotiating with Queen Tylin.
- LoC,Ch39 - The Salidar Aes Sedai must begin moving, but they cannot move south as that would threaten Queen Tylin.
- LoC,Ch47 - Elayne, Nynaeve and the others arrive at the Tarasin Palace, home of Queen Tylin.
- LoC,Ch48 - Tylin had four sons and a daughter, but three of her sons were killed in duels.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene tells Lan that Nynaeve is a guest of Tylin's and that he is to go to Ebou Dar to protect her.
- ACoS,Ch16 - Her formal title is Queen Tylin - by the Grace of the Light, Queen of Altara, Mistress of the Four Winds, Guardian of the Sea of Storms, High Seat of House Mitsobar.
- ACoS,Ch21 - Thom explains to Elayne and Nynaeve that Tylin can do nothing about Carridin without risking a Whitecloak invasion.
- ACoS,Ch22 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Mat that Tylin has arranged for him to have rooms near hers.
- ACoS,Ch29 - Beslan tells Mat that he thinks Mat is good for Tylin!
- ACoS,Ch29 - Tylin's husband died ten years ago.
- ACoS,Ch38 - In a fit of anger Mat tells Elayne that Tylin is after him, not vice versa. Elayne is nearly hysterical with amusement and embarrassment.
- TPoD,Ch5 - When Elayne realizes the Seanchan have taken Ebou Dar she thinks Tylin will probably be able to take care of herself.
- WH,Ch16 - Mat is concerned that Beslan may do something rash that would get both him and Tylin executed.
- WH,Ch29 - Mat stays in Tylin's rooms even though she is gone.
- WH,Ch30 - Mat continues to stay in Tylin's rooms even though she is gone.
- CoT,Ch1 - Mat is sure there is an arrest warrant for him for tying up Tylin.
- CoT,Ch3 - When Thom brings the news of Tylin's death, Mat is certain it was the gholam. Mat is shaken by the news and Tuon shows concern.
- CoT,Ch3 - Beslan's coronation is scheduled on the same day as Tylin's funeral feast.
- CoT,Ch4 - The Seanchan intend to blame Aes Sedai for Tylin's death.
- KoD,Prologue � High Lady Suroth is afraid that Tylin's death means that Tuon is also dead.
- KoD,Ch15 � Aviendha has plenty of fine dresses that were gifts from Tylin.
- KoD,Ch36 � Furyk Karede cannot believe that the military genius who has been hounding the Seanchan army is Tylin's Toy.
- ToM,Ch8 � Mat has a score to settle for Tylin and Nalesean.
- ToM,Ch9 � The gholam taunts Mat about Tylin and Nalesean.
- ToM,Ch31 � As he fights the gholam, Mat shouts in the Old Tongue, "Honor of my blade for Tylin, honor of my blade for Nalesean."
- ToM,Ch52 � Mat wears a red scarf in memory of Tylin.
- AMoL,Ch11 � When Mat returns to Ebou Dar, he worries that he will be blamed for Tylin�s death.