Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Lord Captain Eamon Valda
Pronunciation: AY-mon VAHL-dah
A Lord Captain of the Children of the Light.
He is average height and build. His face is dark and hard. (KoD,Prologue)
- While fomenting dissent in Caemlyn, Eamon Valda's commander, Geofram Bornhald, is recalled to Amador. Instead of continuing his work in Caemlyn, Valda decides to have his troops follow Elayne to Tar Valon. (TGH,Ch5)
- Valda gives a copy of Lothair Mantelar's book, The Way of the Light, to Galad. (TSR,Ch17)
- Valda rapidly promotes Galad. (TFoH,Ch16)
- Pedron Niall orders Valda to return to Amador from Tar Valon. (LoC,Ch9)
- Valda returns to the Fortress of the Light and begins plotting with Asunawa. (LoC,Ch31)
- After Omerna kills Pedron Niall, Valda enters the room and kills Omerna. It is clear that this is a setup to make himself Lord Captain Commander as he has brought in troops loyal to himself so Asunawa cannot take power. He also plans to get rid of Sebban Balwer not knowing his true position. (ACoS,Prologue)
- Morgase finally gives herself to Valda after being tortured by Asunawa. Valda, Rhadam Asunawa and thousands of Whitecloaks ride north to face the Prophet the day before the Seanchan invade Amador. (ACoS,Ch26)
- The Seanchan defeat King Ailron and the army of Amadicia at the town of Jeramel, but Eamon Valda and most of Whitecloaks escape and head east. (WH,Ch1)
- In their camp in northern Amadicia, Valda smells a transient stench. He meets with Asunawa and convinces him to join in his plan. (CoT,Prologue)
- Backed by Trom, Dain Bornhald and Jaret Byar, Galad confronts Eamon Valda on his assault of Morgase. In a duel Galad kills Valda and assumes the title Lord Captain Commander. (KoD,Prologue)
- TGH,Ch44 - Geofram Bornhald orders Byar to take news of the Seanchan, Aes Sedai and Perrin to his son, Dain, who is at Tar Valon with Eamon Valda, and then to Pedron Niall.
- TDR,Prologue - Pedron Niall gives leave to Jaret Byar to report to Dain and Eamon Valda near Tar Valon.
- TDR,Ch10 - When Dain Bornhald learns that Elayne is with Verin, he says his Lord Captain, Eamon Valda, would like to speak with her.
- LoC,Prologue - When Eamon Valda and most of the Whitecloaks leave Tar Valon, Gawyn wonders what Pedron Niall is up to.
- LoC,Ch9 - Pedron Niall thinks he must have patience in dealing with Salidar, but he is worried that others such as Valda and Asunawa will refuse to wait.
- TPoD,Ch9 - Balwer warns Perrin to beware of Asunawa and Valda.
- KoD,Ch26 � When Balwer learns that Galad killed Valda, he feels that he owes a debt of gratitude to Galad.
- ToM,Prologue � Galad still thinks about Valda and Morgase.
- ToM,Ch2 � In addition to his beating, he still has a lot of pain from the wounds Valda gave him.
- ToM,Ch6 - Gaebril, then Valda, taught Morgase that her station in life can change.
- ToM,Ch21 - Morgase is stunned to learn that �Lord Gaebril� was actually Rahvin. She thinks how she was used by men like Taringail and Valda.
- ToM,Ch26 � Finding Morgase alive, Galad is disturbed that he killed Valda for a crime he did not commit.
- ToM,Ch29 � Morgase and Galad discuss her imprisonment by Valda. She is certain he was behind the death of Niall.
- ToM,Ch35 � After Perrin�s trial Bornhald argues that killing a Whitecloak automatically makes him a Darkfriend. Galad counters that he killed Valda.
- ToM,Ch45 � Morgase tells Elayne about being held by the Whitecloaks. Niall was a gentleman but Valda was not.