Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. She joined with the Salidar Aes Sedai. Her sister is Adeleas. Her Warder is Jaem.
She is slender and graceful with a straight back and almost white hair. (TGH,Ch22) She has fine bones and a long patrician face. (LoC,Ch29) She is very old. She is slender with white hair. (ACoS,Ch16) She is medium height. (WH,Ch8)
- About seventy years ago, Adeleas and Vandene retire from the White Tower to Tifan's Well to write a history of the world since the Breaking. (TGH,Ch22, TPoD,Ch28)
- Moiraine visits Adeleas and Vandene to study in their library. (TGH,Ch22)
- Adeleas and Vandene arrive in Salidar and talk with Romanda. (LoC,Ch30)
- Adeleas and Vandene accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others as they enter the gateway from Salidar to Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch44)
- Adeleas and Vandene accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others to Ebou Dar. They are angry with Elayne for bonding Birgitte. From a distance they experiment with Mat's foxhead medallion. (LoC,Ch47)
- Adeleas and Vandene introduce Elayne and Nynaeve to Merilille, then dismiss them. The two sisters ostensibly intend to search Ebou Dar for White Tower runaways. (LoC,Ch48)
- Adeleas and Vandene spend time searching the Rahad. (LoC,Ch52)
- Vandene is in Ebou Dar staying at the Tarasin Palace. (ACoS,Ch16)
- When Elayne reports the Kin, she is grilled by Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene. She finally gets angry and takes control whereupon they defer to her. (ACoS,Ch30)
- Elayne leads Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene to the Kin house where they meet with Reanne and the Elders. (ACoS,Ch31)
- The five Salidar Aes Sedai including Vandene meet with Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, the Kin, and the Sea Folk Windfinders to discuss the use of the Bowl of the Winds. (ACoS,Ch39)
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, Vandene and the other Aes Sedai ride through Aviendha's gateway to the farm. (TPoD,Ch1)
- Vandene and the other Aes Sedai ride from the gateway to the farm. They take turns bugging Elayne about Ispan being held by the Kin instead of them. (TPoD,Ch3)
- Adeleas and Vandene begin questioning Ispan. (TPoD,Ch4)
- Vandene and the other Aes Sedai Travel with Elayne to Andor when the Seanchan attack the farm. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Vandene and the other Aes Sedai travel across Andor with Elayne toward Caemlyn. She and Adeleas continue to question Ispan. (TPoD,Ch20)
- Vandene and the other Aes Sedai travel with Elayne toward Caemlyn. After Adeleas is murdered, Vandene is outwardly calm and analytical until she is left alone with her sister's body whereupon she wails with grief. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Reanne, Nynaeve and Vandene make plans to rescue the Kin from Seanchan held territory. Vandene spends much of her time wandering the halls of the palace looks for clues to her sister's killer. (WH,Prologue)
- Kirstian and Zarya look into Adeleas' murder on their own and bring their thoughts to Vandene. Elayne puts them in Vandene's charge for training. (WH,Ch8)
- Now that she has full charge of Kirstian and Zarya, Vandene refuses to teach the Windfinders any more. (WH,Ch11)
- Vandene teaches Elayne how to mask her bond to Birgitte. (WH,Ch12)
- Elayne consults with Vandene on how to deal with the Borderlands rulers. (WH,Ch27)
- Elayne reassures Careane, Sareitha, Merilille and Vandene that there is nothing they can do about the powerful channeling to the west. Kirstian and Zarya accompany Vandene as usual. (CoT,Ch11)
- As Elayne walks through the Royal Palace, Vandene and Jaem pass a crossing corridor followed by Kirstian and Zarya. (KoD,Ch14)
- Vandene reports to Elayne that Reanne was murdered. (KoD,Ch17)
- Careane, Sareitha and Vandene accompany Elayne to capture the Black Ajah sisters. When they, themselves, are captured, Marillin identifies Careane as Black Ajah. Vandene stabs Careane then Chesmal kills Vandene and Sareitha. (KoD,Ch31)
- TGH,Ch22 - Vandene is Green Ajah.
- LoC,Ch40 - Birgitte tells Elayne that Adeleas and Vandene will be going with them to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch44 - The sisters' last name is Namelle.
- WH,Ch8 - Vandene used to teach novices in the White Tower, but the Mistress of Novices, Sereille Bagand, thought she was too harsh.
- CoT,Ch18 � The Salidar Aes Sedai Sitters think that Merilille and Vandene have Elayne under control.
- KoD,Ch9 � Joline quickly figures out the loophole with the foxhead medallion as Adeleas and Vandene did. She pelts Mat with rocks.
- KoD,Ch32 � When Birgitte sees the Warders shout in rage and run to the house she knows that Careane, Sareitha and Vandene are dead.
- KoD,Ch33 � When Elayne senses the battle in progress, her only concern is that men are dying for her as did Sareitha and Vandene.
- ToM,Ch17 � Elayne feels bad for Sareitha, Vandene and the men who died to rescue her.