Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
High Lord Weiramon of House Saniago
A High Lord of Tear. Rand feels he is "brave enough when it came to battle, but a pure blind idiot unable to think beyond the glory of the charge, his hatred of Illianers, his contempt for Cairhienin and Aiel 'savages'." (LoC,Ch4) His banner is the silver Crescent-and-Stars. It lacks only a few stars to duplicate Lanfear's.
He wears an oiled beard and his hair is streaked gray. He is not short for a Tairen, a head shorter than Rand. (LoC,Ch4) His hair is combed in a vain attempt to hide its thinness. He has a long nose. (TFoH,Ch41) High Lord Tolmeran is lean enough to make Weiramon appear bulky. (TPoD,Ch13) He is not short, and he stands as straight as a sword. There is something of a strutting rooster about him. His gray-streaked beard is trimmed to a point and oiled. (KoD,Ch21)
- Weiramon is not mentioned in Rand's first meeting with the High Lords. (TSR,Ch8)
- Weiramon comes north with reinforcements from Tear. On the way, he hears about the siege of Cairhien and gathers more recruits on his way. When Rand and the Aiel arrive he immediately wants to attack the Shaido. He also brings news of skirmishes with Illianer forces on the Plains of Maredo. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Weiramon and the clan chiefs meet with Rand to finalize the battle plan against the Shaido. (TFoH,Ch42)
- Rand sends Weiramon back to Tear to deal with the bandits and pirates, but mainly to get rid of him. (TFoH,Ch43)
- Rand meets with his forces on the Plains of Maredo - High Lords Sunamon, Tolmeran, Torean and Weiramon, Cairhienin lords Meneril and Semaradrid, and Aiel clan chiefs Bruan, Dhearic, Erim, Han and Jheran. (LoC,Ch4)
- Rand takes two Asha'man, Jonan Adley who is a soldier and Eben Hopwil who is a Dedicated, to Lord Semaradrid and High Lord Weiramon as secret communications links. He orders them to march forward to begin the attack on Sammael. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Weiramon and his forces arrive at Sammael's hillforts days early because he pressed forward with the horsemen and Aiel leaving the foot soldiers behind. He attacks the hillforts and Sammael counterattacks. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Rand is accompanied by numerous lords, Illian Council of Nine members Gregorin and Marac, First Captain Demetre Marcolin, Tairen High Lords Weiramon, Tolmeran, Aracome, Maraconn and Gueyam, High Lady Rosana, and Cairhienin Lord Semaradrid. Weiramon offers advice about attacking one of the remaining bands of the Illian army. He thinks that Rand should let their own Illianers take care of them. (TPoD,Ch13)
- Weiramon, Gregorin, Tolmeran, Rosana and Semaradrid bring Rand the news that Lord Brend's men acquiesced. (TPoD,Ch14)
- He is glad Tairens are guarding Rand. He hints that Cairhienin and Illianers plot against Rand. He expresses his dislike of foot soldiers. Rand Travels to Illian with a large contingent including Marcolin, Weiramon, Maraconn, Gueyam, Aracome, Gregorin Panar, three others of the Council of Nine, Semaradrid, Eagan Padros and the Asha'man. (TPoD,Ch21)
- As Rand's forces Travel to Altara, Weiramon complains about having to take orders from Bashere. (TPoD,Ch22)
- Weiramon leads a charge in the first skirmish with the Seanchan. Afterwards, he is remarkably clean. He wonders why Rand is keeping the sul'dam. In a later battle he deserts his post to chase a band of Seanchan which allows a nearly successful attack on Rand. After the battle, Weiramon and Gedwyn recommend that they press on to Ebou Dar. (TPoD,Ch23)
- Bertome thinks Weiramon is a fool. Bertome hears Weiramon say to Gedwyn, "I don't care who you are, I won't take more risk without a command direct from the lips of -" Weiramon stops talking when he noticed Bertome. Weiramon charges at some Taraboners. As the battle gets out of control, Bashere sends orders to Semaradrid, Gregorin and Weiramon to rally to Rand. (TPoD,Ch24)
- Rand brings Ailil, Anaiyella, Bertome, Weiramon and other nobles of questionable loyalty back to the Sun Palace with him and sets them up with trustworthy servants. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Weiramon and Bertome chat as they walk through the Sun Palace. (CoT,Prologue)
- Anaiyella and Weiramon are with Darlin when Rand visits the Stone of Tear. Rand is angry that they left Cairhien without permission. Rand orders Darlin to raise an army that will be sent to Arad Doman. Anaiyella and Weiramon will go with him. (KoD,Ch21)
- High Lords and Ladies Anaiyella, Estanda, Hearne, Simaan, Tedosian, Torean and Weiramon welcome Rand when he returns to the Stone of Tear. (TGS,Ch42)
- After returning from Dragonmount, Rand confronts the High Lords and Ladies of Tear. Anaiyella and Weiramon are exposed as Darkfriends when they cannot look at him. He exiles them. (ToM,Ch13)
- TFoH,Ch41 - Weiramon's sign is the silver Crescent-and-Stars. It lacks only a few stars to duplicate Lanfear's.
- TFoH,Ch43 - Melanril tells Mat that Rand sent Weiramon back to Tear to deal with bandits and pirates.
- TFoH,Ch44 - Rand thinks that he had to send Weiramon away.
- TFoH,Ch45 - Rand thinks that sending Weiramon back to Tear was actually his first move against Sammael.
- TFoH,Ch51 - Rand sends Mat to join Weiramon and lead the army in Tear.
- LoC,Ch3 - Rand intends to visit Weiramon.
- LoC,Ch4 - Weiramon's House, Saniago, is given.
- LoC,Ch17 - Rand thinks of him. "As with Semaradrid and Weiramon in Tear, the Cairhienin accepted a Mayener as governor as much because she was not Aiel as because Rand appointed her."
- LoC,Ch33 - Rand diverts Mat and the Band of the Red Hand to Salidar just days before they would have joined Weiramon in Tear.
- TGS,Ch42 � Lews Therin likes Weiramon. He thinks the man is loyal and honest.