Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
aka: Eyeless, Fade, Halfman, Lurk
Myrddraal are the spawn of Trollocs and the taint of evil is even stronger in them. They are man-sized and are pasty white. They have no eyes, yet they see like eagles. They have powers that stem from the Dark One. They are no match for an Aes Sedai, but they can best most warriors. The look of a Fade inspires fear in men. In the Trolloc Wars, Dreadlords commanded Fades that led Trollocs into battle.
All Myrddraal are male. They are not sterile but they cannot reproduce with either humans or Trollocs. For more information on Trollocs and Myrddraal see the FAQ Section 1.6.1, [[local FAQ Section 1.6.1]].
- Wotmania Interview - The True Power as well as the One Power was used in creation of Trollocs, which proved to be uncontrollable and useless as soldiers until the first Myrddraal were born, throwbacks to the human stock used in creating Trollocs, but twisted by the inclusion of the True Power in making Trollocs.
- Tor Website Q&A - It is possible to bond a Myrddraal as a Warder but it would quickly drive the person insane.
- NS,Ch15 - No one ever heard of a female Myrddraal.
- TEotW,Ch1 - Fades can move in almost complete silence. Their cloaks do not move even in high wind.
- TEotW,Ch1 - A Fade follows Rand. Mat and Perrin see it, too.
- TEotW,Ch8 - Lan gives some background on Myrddraal. Fades are pasty white and have no eyes, yet they see like eagles. They are the spawn of Trollocs. The taint of evil is even stronger in them. They have powers that stem from the Dark One. They are no match for an Aes Sedai, but they can best most warriors. In the Trolloc Wars, Fades led Trollocs into battle. They, themselves, were commanded by Dreadlords. The look of a Fade inspires fear in men.
- TEotW,Ch17 - A Fade approaches Rand in the Stag and Lion in Baerlon.
- TEotW,Ch18 - Fades lead Trollocs in the chase. When Lan beheads a Fade, all the Trollocs linked to the Fade also collapse.
- TEotW,Ch19 - Trollocs and Fades loathe deep water. Neither can swim. A Fade will not wade anything more than waist deep, especially if it is moving.
- TEotW,Ch26 - In Whitebridge a Fade approaches Rand, Mat and Thom. Thom attacks it while to boys flee.
- TEotW,Ch34 - A Fade asks Raimun Holdwin about the boys.
- TEotW,Ch51 - Ba'alzamon shows Rand a vision of Fades tormenting his mother. Rand burns them.
- TGH,Ch6 - A Fade confronts Rand in Fal Dara. Ingtar intervenes, sending Rand on his way. The Fade escapes.
- TGH,Ch10 - Ingtar and company find the Fade nailed to a door.
- TGH,Ch11 - Fain killed the Fade competing with him for control of the Trollocs. The Fade wanted to take the Horn to Shayol Ghul.
- TGH,Ch14 - To Perrin Fain smells worse than a Fade.
- TGH,Ch22 - Vandene tells Moiraine that a Fade would avoid the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch25 - Thom survived his encounter with the Fade because it was only interested in chasing the boys.
- TDR,Prologue - A Fade orders Jaichim Carridin to kill Rand. The Fade smiles and laughs at him.
- TDR,Prologue - The image of a Fade in a mirror is only an indistinct blur.
- TDR,Ch3 - Rand channels and Moiraine is worried that it will attract any Fades within miles.
- TDR,Ch5 - A band of Trollocs led by at least two Fades attacks the camp of the Dragon Reborn.
- TDR,Ch22 - In her trips through the three arches Egwene learns that any person who can channel can be turned to the Shadow by thirteen Dreadlords channeling through thirteen Myrddraal. Sheriam confirms that this is true.
- TDR,Ch36 - Lanfear mentions that only Myrddraal and Gray Men are denied dreams.
- TDR,Ch39 - Three Fades pay Adden and his brigands handsomely to capture Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve. Nynaeve balefires them.
- TDR,Ch51 - Liandrin tells Nynaeve and Elayne that Be'lal is having thirteen Fades brought to the Stone of Tear to force them to the Shadow.
- TSR,Ch10 - An army of Fades and Trollocs invades the Stone of Tear. An opposing band of Fades and Trollocs arrives and fights them.
- TSR,Ch13 - A Fade called Mat "Hornsounder." A band of Trollocs swarmed over it before it could kill him.
- TSR,Ch16 - The Trollocs and Fades arrived at the Stone of Tear hidden in eight grain barges and thirty wagons.
- TSR,Ch17 - Thom spreads dissention in the Stone of Tear by openly questioning how it was that the Trollocs and Fades were allowed to enter.
- TSR,Ch26 - Trollocs and Fades were commonplace before and during the War of Power.
- TSR,Ch27 - In the Ways, Perrin and his party are attacked by Trollocs and a Fade.
- TSR,Ch31 - Ordeith has a Fade prisoner.
- TSR,Ch37 - Trollocs and Fades attack Rand and the Aiel while they are camped at Imre Stand.
- TSR,Ch38 - A Fade abducts Carridin's sister, Dealda, from her wedding feast.
- TSR,Ch40 - After hunting Trollocs, Perrin's band is tricked and attacked by a band of Trollocs and a Fade.
- TSR,Ch44 - Five hundred Trollocs and three Fades attack Emond's Field to test their defenses.
- TSR,Ch45 - Luc brings in a Fade's head as a trophy.
- TSR,Ch53 - The Trolloc attacks continue. There are thousands of them and maybe fifty Fades in the Two Rivers.
- TSR,Ch56 - The Trollocs and Fades mount a final, all-out attack on Emond's Field but the combined forces of the Two Rivers defeat them.
- TSR,Ch56 - Fain captive Fade is afraid that Isam will find it.
- TFoH,Ch22 - Trollocs, Fades and Darkfriends attack Rand's camp in Jangai Pass creating a diversion so that two Draghkar can attack Rand.
- TFoH,Ch54 - When Rand arrives in Caemlyn there are hoards of Trollocs and Fades waiting in the Royal Palace and the surrounding city.
- TFoH,Ch55 - After killing Rahvin Rand helps the Aiel rout the Trollocs and Fades.
- LoC,Prologue - The Fades are in dire need of swords because Borderlands raids have been curtailed. Humans are used in the manufacturing process.
- LoC,Prologue - Osan'gar helped make the Trollocs, but he is still uneasy around Fades. Trollocs have a sense of humor. Fades do not.
- LoC,Ch3 - Rand warns Taim about Shadowspawn including Myrddraal.
- LoC,Ch6 - Sammael sent the Trollocs and Fades that attacked the Stone of Tear. Semirhage, on orders from the Dark One, sent the counter forces.
- LoC,Ch6 - Aginor tests a hundred Fades to determine how they travel on the edge of a shadow, but learned nothing. The Fades themselves do not know how they do it.
- LoC,Ch6 - To a Fade, an Aes Sedai and her Warder seem to be inseparable.
- LoC,Ch28 - Fain still has his pet Fade in Caemlyn.
- ACoS,Ch15 - Sammael describes in detail how Fades play with victims.
- ACoS,Ch25 - In addition to his size, Shaidar Haran is unique in that he shows amusement and laughs. Fades never show amusement.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Aginor thought Myrddraal were not quite in the world the same way everything else was; "slightly out of phase with time and reality."
- WH,Ch35 - Osan'gar made the Trollocs and the Myrddraal sprang from them.
- CoT,Ch5 � To a wolf, Darkhounds smell even worse than Neverborn.
- KoD,Ch3 � Someone masquerading as Sammael sends a hundred Myrddraal and tens of thousands of Trollocs into the Ways.
- KoD,Ch15 � The Aiel call Myrddraal "Eyeless".
- KoD,Ch15 � The dull dagger prevents Shadowspawn from seeing the possessor.
- KoD,Ch19 � Tens of thousands of Trollocs led by a hundred Fades attack Rand at Lord Algarin's manor. Lews Therin takes over and he and the Asha'man destroy them with Blossoms of Fire, Deathgates and Arrows of Fire.
- KoD,Ch20 � The Aes Sedai and Asha'man slowly clean up the dead Fades and Trollocs incinerating the corpses with Fire.
- TGS,Ch28 � Mat is a little depressed that Myrddraal, the gholam and Darkfriends are still after him.
- ToM,Prologue - Fain's touch now instantly kills a Fade.