Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Gray Men are men (and rarely women) who have given their souls to the Dark One. As such, they are almost unnoticeable. They are used as assassins because they can sneak up on their victims without being detected.
- TGH,Ch9 - A Gray Man, admitted to Fal Dara by Ingtar, attempts to assassinate Rand. He misses, wounding Siuan Sanche and killing another man.
- TGH,Ch46 - Ingtar acknowledges admitting the Gray Man that tried to kill Rand.
- TDR,Ch3 - Boys resembling Rand on Almoth Plain have been mysteriously murdered, probably by Gray Men.
- TDR,Ch8 - As they enter the village of Jarra, Perrin smells a bad odor he later identifies as the scent of a Gray Man.
- TDR,Ch15 - A Gray Man attempts to assassinate Egwene and/or Nynaeve near Egwene's room in the White Tower. He is, in turn, murdered by Slayer before they can capture him.
- TDR,Ch16 - Nynaeve tells Elayne about the Gray Man's attempt to kill her and Egwene.
- TDR,Ch17 - Sheriam is angry that they told Elayne. She tells the girls to forget about the Gray Man.
- TDR,Ch29 - Siuan tells Nynaeve that Sheriam found another Gray Man, a woman this time, lying in her bed dead without a mark on her.
- TDR,Ch30 - Mat is attacked by a Gray Man in Tar Valon.
- TDR,Ch33 - As they enter the village of Remen, Perrin smells a bad odor he later identifies as the scent of a Gray Man.
- TDR,Ch36 - Lanfear mentions that only Myrddraal and Grey Men are denied dreams.
- TDR,Ch37 - Egwene dreams about a man who is not there chasing Mat and realizes it must mean a Gray Man is after Mat.
- TDR,Ch42 - At the Easing the Badger Inn, Perrin smells the same bad odor. Alerted, he sees six Gray Men approaching to kill him. Perrin, Moiraine, Lan and Faile kill them.
- TDR,Ch43 - Perrin tells Lan he smelled the Gray Men. Their evil was not strong enough for Moiraine or Lan to sense.
- TDR,Ch44 - Moiraine tells Perrin that someone other than Sammael sent the Grey Men after him.
- TSR,Ch9 - A Gray Man attacks Rand as he talks with Lanfear.
- TSR,Ch10 - Three more Gray Men who were part of the attack on Rand were killed by the Aiel guards.
- TSR,Ch12 - Moiraine does not believe a Gray Man could have carried out the attack on Amico and Joiya.
- TSR,Ch13 - A Gray Man attacked Mat as well.
- TSR,Ch31 - Two Gray Men attack Ordeith but he sees them and kills them in front of fifty Whitecloaks.
- TSR,Ch50 - After the Trolloc and Draghkar attack, Rhuarc orders a guard for Rand because the Soulless may come next.
- LoC,Ch3 - Rand warns Taim about Shadowspawn including Gray Men.
- LoC,Ch20 - Aviendha tells Rand that Melaine and Amys dreamed of a man standing by his side with a dagger to his throat, but Rand did not see him. Rand thinks that this means a Gray Man.
- LoC,Ch28 - A Gray Man attacks Rand in the Royal Palace but Mazrim Taim destroys it. Later, Fain is furious when he hears about the attack. He wants Rand for himself.
- LoC,Ch42 - Taim tells Rand that he has not been in Caemlyn since the day he saved Rand from the Gray Man.
- TPoD,Ch12 - Graendal forges a letter to Rodel Ituralde from King Alsalam. To increase its importance, she instructs the courier to bloody the letter and report that a Gray Man tried to intercept it.
- WH,Ch22 - Isam recalls killing a Gray Man in the White Tower.
- CoT,Prologue - Rodel Ituralde believes that a Gray Man tried to stop his last orders from King Alsalam.
- TGS,Ch39 � After learning that she is Black Ajah, Egwene wonders if Sheriam was responsible for the Gray Man who attacked her in the White Tower so long ago.