Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map including the Aiel Waste is available in the Guide, p. 152.
The Aiel Waste is a desert region to the east of the Spine of the World. It is bordered on the east by a mysterious land known by many names, the most common being Shara. The southern part of the Aiel Waste, just north of the Sea of Storms, is called the Termool. It is so dry, barren and desolate that not even the Aiel travel there.
Long Trek Back - by Chi Cheung and Rick Smith
The Aiel call it the Three-fold Land: a shaping stone to make them, a testing ground to prove their worth and a punishment for their sin. In their tongue, Trollocs call it Djevik K'Shar (DJEH-vihk KEH-SHAHR), "The Dying Ground."
- TEotW,Ch23 � In the Aiel Waste one will broil by day, freeze by night and die of thirst anytime. Only an Aiel can find water in the Waste.
- TGH,Ch28 - The Aiel call it the Three-fold Land: a shaping stone to make them, a testing ground to prove their worth and a punishment for their sin.
- TGH,Ch36 - Verin knows of a Portal Stone in the Aiel Waste.
- TDR,Ch34 - Aiel prophecy says the Aiel will leave the Three-fold Land when the Stone of Tear falls.
- TSR,Ch21 - Rand is surprised when Egwene tells him she is going to the Aiel Waste.
- TSR,Ch22 - Rand read about a Portal Stone in the Aiel Waste and intends to use a Portal Stone in Tear to get there.
- LoC,Ch26 - The attack on Rand reminds Caldin of an event near Sedar Cut.
- KoD,Ch5 � Many of the Mera'din intend to leave Malden and return to the Aiel Waste.
- KoD,Ch30 � Therava plans to regroup the Shaido that are left and return to the Three-fold Land, never to leave again.