Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Map: A map of Ebou Dar is available in ACoS hc p. 252, pb p. 314, and in the Guide, p. 267. There is a large map of Ebou Dar in TWoTRPG, p. 265.
Ebou Dar is the capital of Altara. It is ruled by Queen Tylin, but her control does not extend far beyond the city. It sits on the southern coast of Altara at the mouth of the Eldar River and is a major port frequented by the Sea Folk. Most of the city lies on the west side of the river but a large slum area known as the Rahad lies on the east side. Most of the buildings in Ebou Dar are white and there are many canals. There are many large squares with statues in the middle.
Ebou Dar is famous for its herbalists and healers who are called Wise Women. They wear distinctive red belts and carry great authority.
Stores, Inns, Manor Houses
- TFoH,Ch16 - Thom hears that King Ailron means to take the eastern bank of the River Eldar from Salidar to So Eban to Mosra. This will actually give Pedron Niall control of the river traffic and allow him to squeeze Ebou Dar.
- TFoH,Ch28 - Gareth Bryne sends Joni and Barim to Ebou Dar to recruit soldiers.
- LoC,Ch13 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve and Elayne use Need and find the Bowl of the Winds in the Rahad in Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch15 - Sheriam, Carlinya and Morvrin will not even consider letting two Accepted go to Ebou Dar after the Bowl.
- LoC,Ch20 - The Ogier built a Waygate at Ebou Dar during its construction.
- LoC,Ch36 - Elayne and Nynaeve tell Egwene about the ter'angreal in Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch37 - Nynaeve carelessly mentions Ebou Dar in front of Moghedien.
- LoC,Ch39 - Egwene plans to send Elayne, Nynaeve and Mat to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch40 - Thom tells Mat that the girls are going to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch44 - Egwene sends Elayne, Nynaeve and Mat to Ebou Dar via gateway.
- LoC,Ch47 - Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others arrive in Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch48 - Ebou Dari typically have dark hair and black eyes.
- LoC,Epilogue - Falion receives a note that Elayne and Nynaeve are gone from the Tarasin Palace. Falion is looking for hidden *angreal in Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Epilogue - A Seanchan rider looks back at Ebou Dar and thinks of the Return.
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida has sent Joline and Teslyn there as punishment. She learns that Elayne and Nynaeve are there and orders their capture.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene tells Lan to take care of Nynaeve, Queen Tylin's guest at the Tarasin Palace, and Skims him to five or six days north of Ebou Dar; he says he can make it faster.
- ACoS,Ch16 - Ebou Dar has more festivals than any other city - five in one week starting with Swovan Night.
- ACoS,Ch23 - Very few of the Wise Women in Ebou Dar are actually native Ebou Dari.
- TPoD,Ch6 - High Lady Suroth moves her headquarters from Amador to Ebou Dar.
- WH,Ch14 - Tuon leaves Tanchico on the Victory of Kidron and sails to Ebou Dar.
- WH,Ch30 - The Seanchan have vast quantities of stores stockpiled on the Bay Road.
- CoT,Ch2 - Thom returns to Ebou Dar for some scouting.
- CoT,Ch12 � Windfinders who lost ships at Ebou Dar are out of favor. Zaida leaves them behind at Caemlyn when she heads to Illian.
- KoD,Ch8 � There are numerous bands of Tinkers headed in the direction of Ebou Dar because they have heard that Seanchan law offers safety.
- KoD,Ch9 � After Martine Janata was stilled, she made her way to Ebou Dar. Jasfer Anan found her starving on the streets and took her home.
- KoD,Ch10 � After a ghost village sinks into the ground, many of the Valan Luca's circus performers want to turn around and return to Ebou Dar.
- KoD,Ch36 � General Furyk Karede leaves northeast Altara with Tuon and Selucia to return them to the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar.
- KoD,Epilogue � Tuon returns to the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar and confronts High Lady Suroth.
- TGS,Prologue � Tylee Khirgan returns to Ebou Dar to report on the Shaido and the Trolloc attack.
- TGS,Ch47 � Rand Travels to Ebou Dar with the intent of destroying the Seanchan.
- TGS,Ch49 � Rand walks through Ebou Dar. He intends to destroy the Seanchan, but seeing peaceful, happy, concerned people, he cannot make himself do it.
- ToM,Ch47 - Fortuona maintains the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar as her permanent residence.